PDA

View Full Version : Free roam thread!!

ofspecialk
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
The purpose of this thread is to hopefully get the attention of the developers out there and get them to give us some FREEdom in this and let us ROAM the environment. Offroading is not just about racing its about getting out and having fun. So basically the more people that post here hopefully they will eventually realize that this game needs more to be a great game. They have the ability to make this an awesome game, now lets get them to do it!!! Also, more realistic damage would be nice too :-)

ofspecialk
10-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Also, the ability to further modify vehicles might be nice too :-)

m0j0NL
10-07-2011, 05:20 PM
/sign

barnestah
10-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes I would certainly love to see some sort of free roam. The ability to free roam in a multi-player game where you could hook on and winch each other out or over obstacles would be a great addition and encourage team work to get to certain places.;)

CLswe
10-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Free roam will make this game the best ever!

Im realy sad that they dident think of that... I dont like the racing parts in this game... I just wanna start the game and go offroad and just have fun...

Please make a free roam.. Im realy sad... :(

ShawnK116
10-07-2011, 07:10 PM
This has all been said before during game development and they didn't listen to us.So what will make them listen now? They already have their hands full with needing to make patches to fix a multiple of things.This would be best in the forums on some modders site.IMHO.

ofspecialk
10-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Yes I would certainly love to see some sort of free roam. The ability to free roam in a multi-player game where you could hook on and winch each other out or over obstacles would be a great addition and encourage team work to get to certain places.;)

This would be awesome!!! i love teamwork man!

Whitehead221
10-08-2011, 02:26 AM
I would love to have a free roam mode. The races just ruin it because if I even turn around it makes me respawn saying that I am going the wrong way. Free roam, more realistic damage, and more vehicle customization would be nice. :grin:

SuzukiSamurai
10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
lying for the sake of making a profit. they made a mediocre game and they KNOW it. hell i bet i could teach a 10 yr old BASIC programming and stuff and they would make a better game!(if your confused let me explain)..
ANY real programer would know(or CEO) you listen to your customers and make the BEST thing, not make up stupid excuses about it.. or hide behind stupid half a$$ed excuses...

point is they lied about a editor to be released with the game(which DIDN'T happen if you didn't know) they said the game has a new race every time(THERE ARE" NEW" RACES just reversed...)they ignored us when we made comments about issues THEY respond with NO response or use a stupid excuse as a response...
you want to threaten a customer(you did to ME in previous post yes i SAVED your stupid crap you sent to me in a PM,and i took screen shots ..) that's fine..you gave us a half a$$ed game and i will GLADLY give you my steam CD key for my money back, i dare you to challenge me so i can take your rear to court and make more money!!! )!
YOU as a company NEED to realize what customers want..
YOU failed to do that!!!!
so fyi ever hear of proxies?
ne guys on here that i am cool with i can gladly and EASILY get a hold of them again on these forums and stay in touch with them simply by using LEGAL means to change my ip ..
i don't want just a "admin" to respond i want to hear what a actual high level person or programmer has to say cause CLEARLY your guys have FAILED to do their jobs.

The game is good to a certain point but really, Screamer 4x4 was basically better, and still it is basically better. Screamer 4x4 had more features then your game now. How the hell can you ignore customers and fans? Oh, you guys don't ignore us when we say bad words, you just ban us, that's true. You don't accept contradiction, which is good to a certain level! But your level is 0, no contradiction at all. I'm keeping the game, I'm not gonna whine for 25$ or whatever I payed for it but I think it is just weak to tell us the features of the game and when we get the game their are a few not included. I call that MISLEADING your customers. You guys didn't innovate. I thought you guys would... This game could be awesome if you would take out some of the race aspect and give us some more freedom. But you guys will not do shit, I share the opinion for most of the active forum members now. In my opinion I think you guys failed, this game is just another brainless racer to some point. It has cool features in it as the flex of your vehicle, nice difficult slopes but you just need to do this brainless racing. Many people will agree this and you ignore this. Why you ignore us? Can you tell me what you guys are doing now, ARE YOU WORKING ON THE GAME OR ARE YOU GUYS ON HOLIDAY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT? :neutral:

StringBean
10-08-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm going to have to agree with everything that's been said in this topic, I believe this game would be much better with free roam, at least then I could get some practice in, in a non-racing environment which would be great for new comers like myself.

SuzukiSamurai
10-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm going to have to agree with everything that's been said in this topic, I believe this game would be much better with free roam, at least then I could get some practice in, in a non-racing environment which would be great for new comers like myself.

Not only for noobies but just for the fun. This will be like a game with a campaign, once you played it you had it. In GTA you will play again and again because you can do what you want. :)

Michael Jensen
10-09-2011, 02:57 AM
We can all cry and scream here at the forum, but they do not listen .. Let us therefore try to make contact on their facebook page, this is probably the place that it is easiest to get people to listen ...

http://www.facebook.com/offroadgame

Otherwise, we always warn people against buying the game ...

Agian, sorry for my poor english, but i´m just a poor dane who feel like i´m lost some money on this game.. :-x

SuzukiSamurai
10-09-2011, 10:32 AM
We can all cry and scream here at the forum, but they do not listen .. Let us therefore try to make contact on their facebook page, this is probably the place that it is easiest to get people to listen ...

http://www.facebook.com/offroadgame

Otherwise, we always warn people against buying the game ...

Agian, sorry for my poor english, but i´m just a poor dane who feel like i´m lost some money on this game.. :-x

Your English is fine. Yeah, Facebook is the only way.

Monkeymeat
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I couldn't agree more about needing a Free Roam option. I thought the game had this and I would not have made the purchase if I knew it was missing. The opening video in-game is very misleading regarding this. The vehicles shown are driving on open terain and are clearly not on a marked course with poles and rope. Please add this or I'm affraid I will have to put the game down and take the $30 loss.

ofspecialk
10-10-2011, 10:43 PM
Good news everyone, check it:

https://www.facebook.com/offroadgame/posts/229687550417819?notif_t=feed_comment

SuzukiSamurai
10-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Good news everyone, check it:

https://www.facebook.com/offroadgame/posts/229687550417819?notif_t=feed_comment

"Thanks, I'll try to get response from the team ASAP." They still can save this but I think they won't do anything. ;)

Nike-it
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Unfortunately free roam is not planned.

CLswe
10-11-2011, 03:07 PM

Thats to bad for you guys and all players... Its like making a FPS game with just knifes.. :confused:

ShawnK116
10-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Thats to bad for you guys and all players... Its like making a FPS game with just knifes.. :confused:

tats fits perfectly as a example

SuzukiSamurai
10-11-2011, 04:48 PM

You are about to miss a big opportunity here. The game is brilliant on the criteria of off roading, it just needs soms adjustments and free roam. What about the map editor? First time now you guys said free roam ISN'T PLANNED. BUT YOU GOT MY MONEY NOW LOL. KNOW WHAT? KEEP IT. LAST TIME I BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THE 1C-COMPANY. It's not fair you mentioned this now, we asked more then a year if you would add free roam! It was just a simple question to answer. I don't think it takes a year to figure out a yes or a no.

SuzukiSamurai
10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
what's the difference between cancer and 1C, caner got jobs..

Dude, don't laugh with cancer. I'm 20 years old and they cut away cancer 2 years ago. My dad had cancer but survived this horrible shit. A lot of people I went off roading with through the years are dead thanks to cancer. So don't laugh with this or any disease please. You could have it tomorrow. :neutral:

CLswe
10-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Dude, don't laugh with cancer. I'm 20 years old and they cut away cancer 2 years ago. My dad had cancer but survived this horrible shit. A lot of people I went off roading with through the years are dead thanks to cancer. So don't laugh with this or any disease please. You could have it tomorrow. :neutral:

I think you shuld be abel to joke about everyting. If you cant joke about it you cant talk about it as good. My mom had cancer, my grandma have cancer, my uncle had cancer and my grandfathers woman died a week ago on the day becouse of cancer.. I know what you are talking about.. But i hope you can see it like i do also. If i got cancer tomorrow i know i can talk to everyone about it without being super serious and everyone just see it that i will die and how fuckt up everyting is with cancer.. If i ever get cancer i want my friends to still be happy and dont think about it in all bad all the time.

evil_hero
10-11-2011, 09:47 PM
@Nike-it
Ok so freeroam is not planned. What about editor tools? (which was promised BEFORE the release of the game.)

Thanks, I got you guys!

We work with modified version of Unreal Editor
and we plan to put Editor in the game before release.

SuzukiSamurai
10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
@Nike-it
Ok so freeroam is not planned. What about editor tools? (which was promised BEFORE the release of the game.)

What do you think?.. -.-' Let's think clear now and try not to ROLF or LMAO... x)

evil_hero
10-11-2011, 11:29 PM
What do you think?.. -.-' Let's think clear now and try not to ROLF or LMAO... x)

I know, but do we actually have a statement from them saying that free roam would be included?

We at least have a statement from them saying there will be editor tools.

Sneaksie
10-12-2011, 08:39 AM
I know, but do we actually have a statement from them saying that free roam would be included?

We at least have a statement from them saying there will be editor tools.

No, the free roam was never planned and the game was never advertised as offering a free-roam playing mode.

One of the developers made the statement about offering editing tools long ago, but things have changed since then. We considered releasing the editor, but because of several reasons this is not possible. Again, the game was never advertised as having the editor tools, there is no mention of editor in press-release, game page information, features list or on the box. Sorry.

ShawnK116
10-12-2011, 04:20 PM
No, the free roam was never planned and the game was never advertised as offering a free-roam playing mode.

One of the developers made the statement about offering editing tools long ago, but things have changed since then. We considered releasing the editor, but because of several reasons this is not possible. Again, the game was never advertised as having the editor tools, there is no mention of editor in press-release, game page information, features list or on the box. Sorry.

care to NOT beat around the bush and just come straight out and give us REAL specifics as to why we cant have the editor...?
and for the life of me i cant find the original thread for the editor with a "admin/dev" that had stated it(someone care to help me look for it i KNOW it did exist). so basically it would seem EVEN BEFORE the game went on sale 1C KNEW it wasn't gonna give us the editor,but i guess you just just so happen "forget" to tell us on the forums...
i mean really if you been paying attention plenty of post on here about sounds in the game sounding wrong,that didn't get fixed.....
issues with graphics...not fixed
parts of the game not working....not fixed.....
telling us at one point there WILL be a editor ...failed to tell us PRIOR to getting our money there isnt.....
and oh yeah not RESPECTING US(not as in USA alone i mean ALL english people..us... ENGLISH BUYERS and giving us a ENGLISH demo but instead WE on the forum had to make a little english fix...
i will stop there instead of continuing with more fails.

and one more bit...the users on the forums have helped fix other forum members issues long before you even make a response...pathetic..
/END RANT\

Omal
10-12-2011, 08:36 PM
c
and for the life of me i cant find the original thread for the editor with a "admin/dev" that had stated it(someone care to help me look for it i KNOW it did exist)

Is this the post you are looking for?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=193092&postcount=9

ShawnK116
10-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Is this the post you are looking for?

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=193092&postcount=9

was in a rush but was wanting to find the entire thread that lead up to them saying it is supposed to be part of the game release..thanks.

so yes HERE is the thread..
2nd to last post on page 1, and everything prior to it being stated about the editor. which is what pretty much EVERYONE was looking forward to, so once again they decided not to tell us it WOULDN'T be released until after taking our money.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15600

Omal
10-12-2011, 09:23 PM
was in a rush but was wanting to find the entire thread that lead up to them saying it is supposed to be part of the game release..thanks.

so yes HERE is the thread..
2nd to last post on page 1, and everything prior to it being stated about the editor. which is what pretty much EVERYONE was looking forward to, so once again they decided not to tell us it WOULDN'T be released until after taking our money.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15600

Your welcome. That is the same thread I got that post from. All you would need to do to get to the thread is to click in the link on the top right corner of the link in my post. It shows what thread the post came from (in this case "modding tools"). I am sure you are probably aware of this but I am just making this post to enlighten anyone whjo may not be aware of that feature. :)

evil_hero
10-12-2011, 10:50 PM

Sneaksie,
That is very unfortunate. I just want you to realize that this one decision ,although meaningless to you and the people at 1C, will have repercussions on your future games sales. I hade never even really HEARD of 1C until this game, and now after all of this has come to a close, it has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth about 1C as a developer and publisher. In the future I know I, and probably many others, will definitely think twice about purchasing, or even recommending, another 1C game.

On a side note, why the sudden change? Why say "yes yes yes yes" then "no because of several reasons" it is impossible. What makes this impossible? We all know, you, me, and everyone in this forum, that it is not an issue of the game engine not being able to handle it. Why not release these tools to the community WITHOUT support. With the stipulation, "You install these tools, and do not com crying to us for support." My only question is "Why".

In the end I am more than frustrated (for lack of a better word) that a game with so much potential is limited by bad decisions. If this game had been better planned out and implemented, it could have EASILY taken the "Ultimate Off-Roading Sim" spot on a lot of people's charts. Yet how it sits now, it is just another mediocre racer, and we all know that there are so many of those out there, that this game will just get buried like the rest of them.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to hear better things in the future.

ShawnK116
10-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Your welcome. That is the same thread I got that post from. All you would need to do to get to the thread is to click in the link on the top right corner of the link in my post. It shows what thread the post came from (in this case "modding tools"). I am sure you are probably aware of this but I am just making this post to enlighten anyone whjo may not be aware of that feature. :)

yes i am sure many are aware of looking to see the thread i just wanted to make it quick and easy to see the entire thread and what lead up to the point of them saying we would get the editor tool,since they don't seem to spend much time on the forums i thought i be nice and make a link to go RIGHT to the thread and read it all . :grin:

Omal
10-13-2011, 05:40 AM
Sneaksie,
That is very unfortunate. I just want you to realize that this one decision ,although meaningless to you and the people at 1C, will have repercussions on your future games sales. I hade never even really HEARD of 1C until this game, and now after all of this has come to a close, it has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth about 1C as a developer and publisher. In the future I know I, and probably many others, will definitely think twice about purchasing, or even recommending, another 1C game.

On a side note, why the sudden change? Why say "yes yes yes yes" then "no because of several reasons" it is impossible. What makes this impossible? We all know, you, me, and everyone in this forum, that it is not an issue of the game engine not being able to handle it. Why not release these tools to the community WITHOUT support. With the stipulation, "You install these tools, and do not com crying to us for support." My only question is "Why".

In the end I am more than frustrated (for lack of a better word) that a game with so much potential is limited by bad decisions. If this game had been better planned out and implemented, it could have EASILY taken the "Ultimate Off-Roading Sim" spot on a lot of people's charts. Yet how it sits now, it is just another mediocre racer, and we all know that there are so many of those out there, that this game will just get buried like the rest of them.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to hear better things in the future.

I completely agree with everything that was said in that post.

Cant we at least have the mod tools? We do not expect you to help us with them. We can figure it out on our own. If not, please tell us why.

Nike-it
10-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I completely agree with everything that was said in that post.

Cant we at least have the mod tools? We do not expect you to help us with them. We can figure it out on our own. If not, please tell us why.

Please read the the post from Sneaksie above.
The thread is closed.