PDA

View Full Version : Soundmode=1, Graphics anomaly

ATAG_Dutch
10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
As Luthier mentioned that we could play with this, I thought I'd try out the =1 setting.

I use the onboard sound with a logitech 5.1 system, but got terrible pictures as per screenshots. Note how the aircraft become transluscent, as well as the overall terrible picture!

The setting also didn't provide any difference to the sound other than a faint hiss and crackle from the two rear speakers.

Can anyone test this with better results?

Cheers

FG28_Kodiak
10-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Ahem
Stereo = 1 enables 3D stereo view on your hardware (if 3D is supportet, so you need a special monitor) and has nothing to do with the sound.

So its no wonder you get strange Videooutput.

ATAG_Dutch
10-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Ahem
Stereo = 1 enables 3D stereo view on your hardware (if 3D is supportet, so you need a special monitor) and has nothing to do with the sound.

So its no wonder you get strange Videooutput.

Hahaaaa! No wonder then!:oops:

It's not even Soundmode, it's StereoMode.

And I haven't even been drinking!:rolleyes:

Well we live and learn.

Please delete thread admins.

Redroach
10-07-2011, 03:11 PM
lol, being in customer service must be really a hardcore occupation :D
They should have named the parameter StereoModeHasNothingToDoWithSoundsYouFool=1 :rolleyes:

ATAG_Dutch
10-07-2011, 03:27 PM
lol, being in customer service must be really a hardcore occupation :D
They should have named the parameter StereoModeHasNothingToDoWithSoundsYouFool=1 :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, carry on, I can take it!:-P

ATAG_Snapper
10-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah, yeah, carry on, I can take it!:-P

You're a class act, Dutch. Kudos.

ACE-OF-ACES
10-07-2011, 06:05 PM
One might even say classic act ;)

ATAG_Doc
10-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Oh no!! Now everyone will see it!! Let me tweet this thread real quick.

ATAG_Dutch
10-07-2011, 08:12 PM
C'mon guys, when I was growing up, stereo was one step up from me Ma's radiogram.

Me brain slipped back a few decades is all.

Give premature senility a break, eh?:rolleyes:;):grin:

sorak
10-08-2011, 04:55 AM
As Luthier mentioned that we could play with this, I thought I'd try out the =1 setting.

I use the onboard sound with a logitech 5.1 system, but got terrible pictures as per screenshots. Note how the aircraft become transluscent, as well as the overall terrible picture!

The setting also didn't provide any difference to the sound other than a faint hiss and crackle from the two rear speakers.

Can anyone test this with better results?

Cheers

lol

skouras
10-08-2011, 06:40 AM
hey Dutch don't hear them mate
i almost fall in the same trap
with stereo for a moment;)

_RAAF_Smouch
10-08-2011, 07:05 AM
C'mon guys, when I was growing up, stereo was one step up from me Ma's radiogram.

Me brain slipped back a few decades is all.

Give premature senility a break, eh?:rolleyes:;):grin:

http://www.mission4today.com/images/smiles/57885523-M.gifhttp://www.mission4today.com/images/smiles/ass.gif

csThor
10-08-2011, 07:17 AM
I think someone created a CloD classic here, just like the "Shift+F1" for the original Il-2. :lol:

RCAF_FB_Orville
10-08-2011, 10:10 AM
lol.....If it makes you feel any better mate you're not alone in your 'Twonk-itude'.....I would have thought it was for sound too. Mind you, at least I've got the excuse of having been dropped on the head from an aeroplane as a child. Not to mention being a Geordie. I haven't got a feckin chance, man. :grin: