PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mission - So Addictive

Tavingon
10-06-2011, 10:01 PM
So I found myself playing this for hrs earlier, with different aircraft, pitching different fighters against different bombers. Does anyone else find it addictive?

Sven
10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Yup, and getting into the FMB is even more addictive, I just build myself a AT line full of covered up artillery and attributes, dive bombed it with a load of stukas, lots of fun!

xnomad
10-07-2011, 04:27 AM
So I found myself playing this for hrs earlier, with different aircraft, pitching different fighters against different bombers. Does anyone else find it addictive?

In IL2 I spent 99.9% of my time in QMB as it was so addictive, I did the same in COD on release but the AI got worse with a few patches and the evasive rolling just drives me nuts so I don't do it very often. Also the QMB menu isn't as 'advanced' as the old IL2 one.

Once they fix the AI and add more options to the menus I'll be firing up the QMB whenever I feel like a quick 'air Quake' session to hone my gunnery skills.

JG52Uther
10-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Nice to see someone else from Stratford Tavingon!
As for the QMB, I much preferred the old il2 QMB personally.

raaaid
10-07-2011, 03:03 PM
humm you say addictive?

could the devs do as hollywod and use infrasounds?

there are infrasounds who cause fear

i guess there must be an exact frecuancy which lifts the mood and makes you feel happy, just like a drug, could they be using it?

remember how they banned acid music for using the mood lifting sound frecuencies in the 90s?

well they ban all fun i bet in 20 years theres only people talking in the radio and no music anymore

music is actually a drug ;)

kristorf
10-07-2011, 03:13 PM
As for the QMB, I much preferred the old il2 QMB personally.

+1 on that, it would open up this game hugely for me, especially until the online stuff (the main reason I have CoD) is sorted

Feathered_IV
10-07-2011, 03:18 PM
I've found it shallow, limited and poorly arranged. I never for a moment thought of it as addictive.

ATAG_Snapper
10-07-2011, 03:59 PM

I do.

It's great just to quickly jump in your chosen plane and take on whatever selectable adversary (ies) you wish. Sure, it certainly could be better arranged. But if you only have a short time to fly, or you want to try different settings, controller layouts, whatever....it works for me.

Also gives a good headstart if you import one into the FMB and then modify it to your heart's content! :D

Tavingon
10-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I do.

It's great just to quickly jump in your chosen plane and take on whatever selectable adversary (ies) you wish. Sure, it certainly could be better arranged. But if you only have a short time to fly, or you want to try different settings, controller layouts, whatever....it works for me.

Also gives a good headstart if you import one into the FMB and then modify it to your heart's content! :D

Agreed, great for messing around testing planes or experiaments, and then you think, just one more!