PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issues - Patch Beta 2 - v15866 [RESOLVED]

MadTommy
10-06-2011, 09:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E3nN2u_zLo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J48kE25gJvk

My sounds are real mess now. Verified installation, wiped cache, reinstalled the patch twice.

I basically have no or very low engine noise but have other unexplained bangs and crashes.

Game is unplayable unfortunately.

Anyone else getting this? I've tried the Hurricane (rotol) & Spitfire (1a) so far.

x-fi extreme music
Win7 (x64)

Tavingon
10-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Not really sure, have you tried with muted voices and music?

MadTommy
10-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Not really sure, have you tried with muted voices and music?

Muted music.. i thought i had muted Voice.. be it seems the option did not stick. Will try that. Thanks.

So i take it i'm alone with having sound effects like i'm in a metal container with a nutter banging a metal bar off the walls! :confused:

Tavingon
10-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Sounds like we can only hear the plane rattle in the wind, not really sure what it might be

MadTommy
10-07-2011, 08:41 AM
Sounds like we can only hear the plane rattle in the wind, not really sure what it might be

Yeah that sounds about right.. it is horrible to fly. I'll run some more tests later. Roll back patches etc.

_79_dev
10-07-2011, 08:48 AM
~S~

I had a problems with previous beta as well, my sound was corupted and it was breaking, sometimes it sound like some frequencies was cut off. then eventualy i was loosing sound and got launcher.exe crash... Had no time to check last patch with fix but that may help ...

Hi everyone,

The beta continues! ...

We are currently looking at other issues. Reviewing some conf.inis sent to us, we see that a lot of people reporting decreased frame rate are playing with the anti-epilepsy filter enabled. Please disable it in the game options or manually edit the line in conf.ini, setting AntiEpilepsy to 0.
Also if you encounter an issue where all buildings in the game disappear, please check your conf.ini for a corrupted
StereoMode
Key value (which by the way can enable 3D stereo on compatible hardware, if you’re willing to test this even further)
It can be either 0 (OFF)o r 1 (ON). If it’s anything else – and we’re trying to figure out why it went haywire on one tester’s machine – then manually set it to 0.

NedLynch
10-07-2011, 10:47 PM
MadTommy, are you using Alchemy?

I set Creative's Alchemy to run with the launcher and so far so good I do not have any sound issues. Had issues before without Alchemy, been using it from before the current beta patches and did not have any problems since.

Though I do like using a seperate sound card I am not too crazy about Creative due to their driver and control panel installation. Made the mistake to install everything that came on the support disk with the card.
Now, if necessary, all I install is their driver and alchemy, downloaded from their website, and leave all the other bloat.

MadTommy
10-08-2011, 10:04 AM
MadTommy, are you using Alchemy?

I set Creative's Alchemy to run with the launcher and so far so good I do not have any sound issues. Had issues before without Alchemy, been using it from before the current beta patches and did not have any problems since.

Though I do like using a seperate sound card I am not too crazy about Creative due to their driver and control panel installation. Made the mistake to install everything that came on the support disk with the card.
Now, if necessary, all I install is their driver and alchemy, downloaded from their website, and leave all the other bloat.

No, not using Alchemy, i'll give it a go. Thanks.

i think the issue is with my 5.1 setup. Never had an issue before. Personally i've never had a issue with Creative and their drivers.. i know a lot of people complain about them, guess I've been lucky. I don't install all the crap that comes with them.. just driver & control panel.

Trooper117
10-08-2011, 11:10 AM
With the new beta I have lost the ability to change any sound settings.
I still have the 3 sliders at the top, but no ability to change the type of speaker setup etc.. is this correct for all?
Or is it something wrong at my end?

skouras
10-08-2011, 11:27 AM
this was since beta1
you can't change it

Trooper117
10-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.. Thought it was a problem with my install!.. :)

kedrednael
10-08-2011, 11:50 AM
It sounds as if you have rats in your aircraft! :rolleyes:

skouras
10-08-2011, 01:38 PM
It sounds as if you have rats in your aircraft! :rolleyes:

lol

Phazon
10-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Just for everyone's information, they changed the sound engine to FMOD which is used in alot of other games. If it works the same as it does in other games, it uses the same speaker configuration set in windows.

MadTommy
10-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Problem fixed..

There was a corrupted file in the patch via torrent. Pretty odd considering it was the torrent..but my bob_bank01.fsb file was fubar.