PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Time of Day Video

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Someone asked for a vid to be posted showing new landscape.

I've always thought it important to look at it at various times of day so here you go.

As an aside, I'd prefer the old cockpit contrast, but the landscape colours look fine in this vid, so I can put up with the cockpits if it's necessary.

The sound is also coming along well, I was amazed to hear the ships horns when I bailed out this morning!

So in spite of yesterday's 'faux pas', I'm really pleased with the way things are progressing.:grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-q7Gfq0oI

Continu0
10-06-2011, 04:19 PM
What a great Video:) Thanks!

kammo
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey Dutch. I love the song! What's the name of it and who is the singer?

P.S like the new landscape:)

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks chaps!:grin:

The song is called 'It's been a long time' and the singer is Bing Crosby, I think.

I'm more of a Zeppelin kind of chap really, but I love the old period stuff.;)

kammo
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Thx mate! Well you can't go wrong with Zeppelin and these oldies but goldies:)

Trumper
10-06-2011, 04:30 PM
:) Very nice,i wondered if different parts of the seasons are modelled ie early part of the BoB to mid summer and part of Autumn.The colours and lighting would vary quite alot as well as the sun height.

ATAG_Snapper
10-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks chaps!:grin:

The song is called 'It's been a long time' and the singer is Bing Crosby, I think.

I'm more of a Zeppelin kind of chap really, but I love the old period stuff.;)

Enjoyed your vid. Adding the Bing croon-song adds another dimension -- it's what the radios were playing at the time and really sets the mood. I've been accumulating period songs via iTunes for just the same purpose. Plus, it's fun playing a late '30's playlist in the background while flying CoD. :)

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Enjoyed your vid. Adding the Bing croon-song adds another dimension -- it's what the radios were playing at the time and really sets the mood. I've been accumulating period songs via iTunes for just the same purpose. Plus, it's fun playing a late '30's playlist in the background while flying CoD. :)

Thanks Snapper. I downloaded a great album of this stuff called 'Songs that won the War'. It has 23 songs of the war years. ;)

chiefrr73
10-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Wow, very nice video and thank you very much Dutch_851 ! I m one of those who asked for videos, because i will not install betapatch. I have to say you did a good job :-) . Please people let the videos come, thanks.

skouras
10-06-2011, 06:56 PM
hey mate good video;)

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Thanks, Chief, Skouras and Trumper also.

The pleasure was all mine!

Admins feel free to move this to vids.

Cheers.