PDA

View Full Version : Brit MG Cockpit Sounds

smink1701
10-06-2011, 02:37 PM
The current sounds may be 100% accurate but I would like to see them enhanced a bit. I think they sound right in the 109 but in the Brit fighters they sound a bit underwhelming. That is my one and only complaint regarding the new sounds:grin:

ACE-OF-ACES
10-06-2011, 02:41 PM
It is allways a fine balance between realism and game play

I have never sat in a WWII configured Spitfire I and fired the guns with the engine running and moving at 250mph

I have fired a .50 call on a tripod mount with ear plugs

But I would not be so foolish as to equate the two

So I can't say how 'real' the sound 'is'

But assuming the 'sound' is real..

I would tend to side with realism over game play tweaks

fruitbat
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
i've read several pilot accounts from BoB, who all say you could hear the guns very much from inside.

I'll take there word on that.

that said, its a minor point to me, i'm just glad to see so much progress since day 1.

skouras
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
you don't have to sit in a WW2 plane
to see the most obvious
join in the spit
climb
now open the canopy
and dive
you will notice the sound of air rising
now press the trigger and shoot your 8 guns
you will notice that the air is more noticeable than the guns

you get the point..

ACE-OF-ACES
10-06-2011, 02:55 PM
to hear the most obvious
Fixxed that for ya.. ;)

And no you do have to sit in one to say wrt sound imho

skouras
10-06-2011, 03:08 PM
:grin:

ATAG_Snapper
10-06-2011, 03:30 PM
you don't have to sit in a WW2 plane
to see the most obvious
join in the spit
climb
now open the canopy
and dive
you will notice the sound of air rising
now press the trigger and shoot your 8 guns
you will notice that the air is more noticeable than the guns

you get the point..

Good point.

Further to that, I've read numerous accounts of both Spit and Hurri pilots remarking that, when the ammo was expended, that they could "hear the pneumatic air blocks chuffing away on empty breeches".....or some such. If the pilots could hear THAT, then I would think they could hear 8 sets of .303 Browning muzzle blasts very clearly, too. More than what we can hear at present in CoD, surely.

I'd love to hear what an actual Spit or Hurricane pilot would say about the sound of wind blast past an open canopy. One would think it would be a deafening roar (like an open car window at highway speeds, only much worse) -- but possibly not if the air is flowing smoothly over the rounded windscreen. Has anyone read a firsthand account on this? Lots of pilots opened their canopies for landing (speeds still well above 100 mph on downwind leg & even final approach), so possibly the wind noise wasn't too overwhelming. Dunno.

M1sF1rE
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
I agree they need a little more beef to them. Even it was accurate for the guns to be silent would any of you purists still want your game to play that way?

I say with sounds immersion is the number one thing. How come no one complains about that magic moving flight yoke in the cockpit being unrealistic?

I wish you could turn that thing off!!!

Tavingon
10-06-2011, 07:30 PM
I like the brit gun sounds, althoguh I want similar sounds to the ones in battle of britain for the bomber gunners!

BRIGGBOY
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
yeah everything as close to how it was please

Tavingon
10-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I loved the machinegewehr noises of the bomber gunners in BOB film, sounded aggressive and barked furiously.. ones in CLOD sound like airsoft aegs