PDA

View Full Version : Clean ReInstall Fixed Performance

Skilgannon506
10-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi

Like some of you chaps I took a massive hit in performance with the new beta.

I tried going back to the old and hey presto FPS was back to where it had been previously.

Due to me being a bit OCD about getting the latest stuff working I decided to try something drastic, I completely wiped ClOD from my machine, uninstalled from Steam, deleted all and any folders to do with it. I then re-installed, once Steam had updated with the latest official patches I installed the new beta and hotfix. I also ensured that all the config files were correct as per Luthier's info.

I started the game up with no great expectations but was very pleasantly surprised to find it all working very very well. A very slight FPS hit from previous beta, but overall I would say the positives outweigh that:) (bearing in mind it's still a beta)

To anyone that's having performance issues it's well worth a try.

My specs are

i5 750@ 3.3ghz, 8gb 1600 ram, EVGA GTX 570 @ 800mhz, (latest nvidia beta drivers) Win 7 64 bit.

Ataros
10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Every patch makes game files more and more fragmented which naturally leads to reduced performance.

Try using e.g. Gamebooster to defrag the game files before trying reinstall. Steam defrag does not work well enough for me.

You may also try backing up controls and info-windows settings files and then delete the 1C-Softclub directory from your documents folder completely. Then check game files integrity in Steam and run defrag.

Also make sure you reinstall all programs from Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist folder and check Internet for their updates. Complete game reinstall probably reinstalls these programs.