PDA

View Full Version : New Beta CTD hotfix available

alexm2323
10-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Some of you might have missed it, but Luthier has just added a hotfix file link in his post on yesterdays new beta patch thread, plus some addditional info and comments. I haven't tried it...

Edit: Here's the additional info and link he added:

Update – October 6, 2011
Please download and install a small update to the beta that fixes the most commonly encountered issue that has to do with explosions and particle effects hanging up the game.
http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofD...core_patch.rar

Extract the contents to your
[Program Files]\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\
Folder. (It already contains the folder structure and should automatically put the file into the \parts\core\ subfolder – or if you’re using some weird extraction method, please put the file there manually)

We are currently looking at other issues. Reviewing some conf.inis sent to us, we see that a lot of people reporting decreased frame rate are playing with the anti-epilepsy filter enabled. Please disable it in the game options or manually edit the line in conf.ini, setting AntiEpilepsy to 0.
Also if you encounter an issue where all buildings in the game disappear, please check your conf.ini for a corrupted
StereoMode
Key value (which by the way can enable 3D stereo on compatible hardware, if you’re willing to test this even further)
It can be either 0 (OFF)o r 1 (ON). If it’s anything else – and we’re trying to figure out why it went haywire on one tester’s machine – then manually set it to 0.

ATAG_Septic
10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Some of you might have missed it, but Luthier has just added a hotfix file link in his post on yesterdays new beta patch thread, plus some addditional info and comments. I haven't tried it...
Thanks very much for posting this, I would have missed it otherwise, looking forward to testing the new Beta properly now :)

Confirmed no lock-up on explosions after applying the hot-fix. Big grin here :)

Helrza
10-06-2011, 10:08 AM
hotfix works a treat :)

Vengeanze
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Tnx and bump

skouras
10-06-2011, 10:35 AM
no crashes with explosions now:-)

Ataros
10-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Thank you! Sticky please?

BTW Repka servers stays on recent Beta 2. Please try the new Steppe map with limited Spit2s and 109E4s for balance. Really need about 20 players tonight to test out how a limiting script works. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26790

klingon
10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Ok ,but where is this fix?Link?

Dave3317
10-06-2011, 11:01 AM
On the first page of the beta patch 2 sticky.

Scarecrow
10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Nice one would have missed this otherwise :)

TRIK
10-06-2011, 06:06 PM
HOTFIX LINK NOT WORKING NEED A LITTLE HELP PLZ :p TY

335th_GRAthos
10-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I presume you mean the download does not work?

It is at http://www.1cfiles.com/IL2_CliffsofDover/IL2COD_15866_core_patch.rar

~S~

Mr Greezy
10-06-2011, 08:01 PM
This should be stickied. Or at least, Luthier should post a separate sticky about the fix. Wouldn't have known without this post.

EZ1
10-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Humm? I downloaded and installed it and I am still getting the freeze with explosions.

too-cool
10-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Hope this is the right thread, can the Beta 2 patch be installed over the Beta 1 or is a clean reinstall of game required? Thanks TC

Tavingon
10-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Just copy it over the top

alexm2323
10-06-2011, 10:17 PM
This should be stickied. Or at least, Luthier should post a separate sticky about the fix. Wouldn't have known without this post.

Agreed. Luthiers post about the Beta patch had about 12000 views before he edited it with the hotfix info.
Mods - please could you make this sticky until an official thread comes out that references the hotfix in its title? Then we can bin this one...

fireship4
10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Also while Luthier says to set "AntiEpilipsy=0" the entry is actually (at least on mine) "EpilepsyFilter=0" under "[BOB]". I didn't find a "StereoMode" entry. I'm paranoid that I have old versions of the config files, but am unsure how to get new ones - for example I could just delete them but how would steam cloud storage affect this? Would it give me the old ones back? Or does it keep them up to date and just modify entries with the old values. I think the only sure way would be to turn cloud sync off, delete the files and check game cache - but I would have to redo all my settings.

fruitbat
10-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Also while Luthier says to set "AntiEpilipsy=0" the entry is actually (at least on mine) "EpilepsyFilter=0" under "[BOB]". I didn't find a "StereoMode" entry. I'm paranoid that I have old versions of the config files, but am unsure how to get new ones - for example I could just delete them but how would steam cloud storage affect this? Would it give me the old ones back? Or does it keep them up to date and just modify entries with the old values. I think the only sure way would be to turn cloud sync off, delete the files and check game cache - but I would have to redo all my settings.

heres my conf.ini,

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1200
posLeft=0
posTop=0
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1
Frequency=60
StereoMode=0

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=

etc.....

as to make sure you have the new ones, i just copied out my conf.ini from both locations, ie the one in the steamapps folder and the one found in the softclub folder found in my documents, and then verified game files through steam, which put new ones in.

had to redo my gfx and sound settings but that was it.

NedLynch
10-07-2011, 03:36 AM
The hotfix resolved my issues with explosions. Very happy :grin:

GOZR
10-07-2011, 03:41 AM
404 Error File Not Found