PDA

View Full Version : betabeta gave me really bad performance hit...

David198502
10-06-2011, 06:50 AM
ok before the betabeta patch i had with my already pretty low settings steady 50 to 60 fps over land.sometimes it dropped down to 40 over populated areas.
now with the beta beta patch i have average 23fps and lots of stutters over the countryside.that is not even half the fps i had before the patch.
over cities its a nightmare....although there are no cities anymore.all the buildings dissapeared with this betabeta patch.i have buildings amount set to high.
please fix this performance hit, or i can shelf the game.

Tree_UK
10-06-2011, 08:32 AM
ok before the betabeta patch i had with my already pretty low settings steady 50 to 60 fps over land.sometimes it dropped down to 40 over populated areas.
now with the beta beta patch i have average 23fps and lots of stutters over the countryside.that is not even half the fps i had before the patch.
over cities its a nightmare....although there are no cities anymore.all the buildings dissapeared with this betabeta patch.i have buildings amount set to high.
please fix this performance hit, or i can shelf the game.

Same here David,

pc specs:

3GB GTX580
Asus sabertooth Mobo
8GB Corsiar vengence Ram
900W PSU
Intel 2600 Sandy Bridge overclocked to 4.8Ghz
27 Inch Dell Monitor
2X 1TB hard disk
Water Cooled CPU

David198502
10-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Same here David,

pc specs:

3GB GTX580
Asus sabertooth Mobo
8GB Corsiar vengence Ram
900W PSU
Intel 2600 Sandy Bridge overclocked to 4.8Ghz
27 Inch Dell Monitor
2X 1TB hard disk
Water Cooled CPU

are your buildings gone as well?

ChocsAway
10-06-2011, 09:05 AM
I just rolled back to the previous beta and have 15-20fps more!

David198502
10-06-2011, 10:12 AM
yeah i just did the same and have my usual 50-60fps

ChocsAway
10-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I admire the guys that have the 'glass is half full' attitude but the new beta patch is an absolute disaster for me personally. The lack of forward progress (except for the new sounds) is beginning to grate on me now and it seems that I spend less and less time with CloD as the weeks go by even though I want to love the sim.

My frame-rate was effectively cut in half by this latest patch, not to mention the return of the 'rubber banding' which I find extremely disappointing. This and the host of other basic features that still have not been implemented in 6+ months.

I'm sure the devs are working hard to try and improve things on what is obviously a very complex sim, but I'm beginning to wonder if they have the focus and direction to actually get this sim into a playable state before people start to vote with their feet. IMO they seriously need to prioritise and concentrate on the most pressing problems. It seems to me that they may have their fingers into too many virtual pies at the moment hence the feeling of 1 step forward and 2 back.

Just my 2 pence worth! ;)

Vengeanze
10-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Check this:

We are currently looking at other issues. Reviewing some conf.inis sent to us, we see that a lot of people reporting decreased frame rate are playing with the anti-epilepsy filter enabled. Please disable it in the game options or manually edit the line in conf.ini, setting AntiEpilepsy to 0.
Also if you encounter an issue where all buildings in the game disappear, please check your conf.ini for a corrupted
StereoMode
Key value (which by the way can enable 3D stereo on compatible hardware, if you’re willing to test this even further)
It can be either 0 (OFF)o r 1 (ON). If it’s anything else – and we’re trying to figure out why it went haywire on one tester’s machine – then manually set it to 0.
- Luthier
From the Betabeta sticky

CWMV
10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Very strange.
I just uploaded Beta 2 with the explosion fix and my average FPS has dropped by 2-3 fps at most.

Still get around 60FPS when cruising at any altitude. No difference in cities or disappearing buildings. All in all for the outstanding increase in visual quality the 2-3fps drop is well worth it.
My average in The Black death now sits at 45-48FPS, with beta patch 1 it was 48-50fps.

My rig:
i7 2600k@4.4ghz
EVGA GTX580sc 1.5gb
8gig's Ram
SSD drive
brown Tabby Co-piolt...

ChocsAway
10-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Check this:

- Luthier
From the Betabeta sticky

Thanks for the heads-up Vengeanze. I re-loaded the beta beta to try this. I checked my conf.ini and set the stereomode to 0 but not much improvement unfortunately.

Vengeanze
10-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Vengeanze. I re-loaded the beta to try this. I checked my conf.ini and set the stereomode to 0 but not much improvement unfortunately.

Doesn't sound good. Plz send Luthier an email (addy in the bug thread).

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Exactly the same performance here FPS wise, but more stuttering than previous patch.

JG52Krupi
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Dud you guys check the epilepsy in both settings and confi.ini?

When I installed the patch I had 15fps due to it turning off fullscreen.

ChocsAway
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Doesn't sound good. Plz send Luthier an email (addy in the bug thread).

Will do.

David198502
10-06-2011, 01:41 PM
ok i deinstalled the betabeta and reinstalled it again.now the performance is pretty much the same like with the first beta patch.
but what puzzles me most, is that the prop pitch of the E4 doesnt work correctly, and it seems that im pretty much the only one who has this issue.
besides the colours are a step backwards in most regards from the first beta.
the sea looks too green, smoke looks dark blue and ground often looks turquoise now.