PDA

View Full Version : To naysayers with love: evolving sound engine...

LoBiSoMeM
10-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Major bugs in new beta patch, but the new sound guy is doing a GREAT job!

tVc_y7yeUPQ

Noticed also that winds don't affect planes inside hangars... This sim have a LOT of bugs, but so many cool details... I like the fact that devs are doing something to be memorable in future, not other "finished" game like BF3 running great from release but exactly the same as BFBC2...

Keep the good work! It's hard, but i don't regreat one second the fact that i bought this sim! I'm glad to help your work! :grin:

JG52Krupi
10-05-2011, 11:01 PM
There was a lot of cool things added to the game, sounds were one thing high speed aircraft damage is another :D.

ATAG_Snapper
10-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Major bugs in new beta patch, but the new sound guy is doing a GREAT job!

tVc_y7yeUPQ

Noticed also that winds don't affect planes inside hangars... This sim have a LOT of bugs, but so many cool details... I like the fact that devs are doing something to be memorable in future, not other "finished" game like BF3 running great from release but exactly the same as BFBC2...

Keep the good work! It's hard, but i don't regreat one second the fact that i bought this sim! I'm glad to help your work! :grin:

Excellent demo video. The little detail of no wind noise inside the hangar vs on the tarmac was a good catch. So, too, the increasing rush of air you captured during the stall recovery with open canopy.

It's encouraging that these sound aspects are being handled. They add so much to the immersion. I admit I was really disappointed that no further worknhad been done on the external and flyby Spitfire sounds -- no Merlin engine yet. However, I'm confident that in future patches the Merlin engines will sound every bit as authentic as the DB601's!

MadBlaster
10-05-2011, 11:47 PM
+100 for getting rid of the "click" "click" "click" sound on every action in the clickable clockpit.

+100 for getting rid of the random "achtung blah, blah, blah," in a 1 to 50 FOR/DO loop.

Sometimes just getting rid of stuff that doesn't work makes the game way better!:-P

The wind sound is very cool. But no points, because I expect that level of
performance in this game.:!:

LoBiSoMeM
10-06-2011, 12:07 AM
The wind sound is very cool. But no points, because I expect that level of
performance in this game.:!:

Now the graphics guy working on terrain need to tweak the grass/SpeedTree animation to match wind settings too! ;)

Madfish
10-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Great video. The odd tarmac noise in the hangar is weird and needs fixing I assume.

Shouldn't the wind be much louder during flight with open canope though?

Also on the ground the wind sounds a bit dull - but maybe that'll see fixing in the future depending on strength etc.

ATAG_Dutch
10-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Lobi mate, I've got to take my hat off to you.;)

You can always find something positive, no matter what.

Kudos to you my friend.:)

LoBiSoMeM
10-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Lobi mate, I've got to take my hat off to you.;)

You can always find something positive, no matter what.

Kudos to you my friend.:)

Well, we need to be positive, because with this new beta patch my game freezes soon I saw some explosions... :-P

So, i'm listening to the wind of channnnnngeeee... ;)

Slatz
10-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Nice. this game just keeps on rockin.

nearmiss
10-06-2011, 03:29 AM
I would think the sound of the engine would drop alot when the canopy closes, or vs v.

It seems to me the sound is the same whether the canopy is open or closed.

Also, I'm wondering how real it is with the noise and all, including wind noise. When pilot puts on head gear I would suspect alot of the noise from wind and such would not be heard at all. I would expect to hear the wind in a dive or possibly at altitude with canopy open.

I'm not knocking any part of it. Just mentioning my observations.

I'd really like to see some more videos of the waters in the channel at various altitudes.

NedLynch
10-06-2011, 03:33 AM
There are not any major bugS in the new patch, only one, and the devs will take care of it.

Until then I'll fly without effects, there are other things introduced in this beta patch that I would not want to miss. Just found out that as flight leader upon manual take off my flight is actually forming up on me (in a TEF DC mission), going to try that out a bit more and will confirm that you don't have to use autopilot anymore for your flight to recognize you.

Also auto rads and prop pitch work in the 109E4, key for prop pitch auto needs to be mapped.

CWMV
10-06-2011, 03:40 AM
There are not any major bugS in the new patch, only one, and the devs will take care of it.

Until then I'll fly without effects, there are other things introduced in this beta patch that I would not want to miss. Just found out that as flight leader upon manual take off my flight is actually forming up on me (in a TEF DC mission), going to try that out a bit more and will confirm that you don't have to use autopilot anymore for your flight to recognize you.

Also auto rads and prop pitch work in the 109E4, key for prop pitch auto needs to be mapped.

Agreed, but the rads shouldn't be automatic as far as I know. Komandgerat only worked with the prop pitch.
Id love some countering info, but all Ive read indicates that the only auto systems for radiators were for the inlet lip and upper surface of the rad, controlled via thermostat sensor, starting in the F model.

NedLynch
10-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Just did a quick search for auto rads on the Bf109E4 and couldn't find anything.
Going to try and see how they exactely behave now in flight, normally I do not like auto rads or prop pitch, turned it off right away.

GOA_Potenz
10-06-2011, 05:11 AM
well is the sound tech from RoF

IvanK
10-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Agreed, but the rads shouldn't be automatic as far as I know. Komandgerat only worked with the prop pitch.
Id love some countering info, but all Ive read indicates that the only auto systems for radiators were for the inlet lip and upper surface of the rad, controlled via thermostat sensor, starting in the F model.

"Kommandgerate" was fitted to the FW190 not the 109. The 109 Auto prop pitch system was a much simpler implementation. Rad settings should not (even in the Fw) be associated with Auto prop pitch mechanisations either.

CWMV
10-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Ah that's right, that was the system that implemented total automation of most of the FW's systems wasn't it?

I only used the term as it was what the release readme used. Kinda interesting they made that mistake...