PDA

View Full Version : Multi monitor setup needs custom FOV

SKUD
10-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I have been playing around for hours trying to get the FOV right on a 3-monitor setup. The default 70 degree is way too far back and causes massive distortion on view out L&R monitors. The 30 deg is way too close to the panel but has little distortion. Is their any way to set a custom FOV like 50 degrees or something like that? I've tried using the set and hold FOV key but my TrackIR just pitches the setting the moment I move my head.
Any other tips on mulit-monitor set up would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
SKUD

Untamo
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
+1

Custom FOV is needed also with 30" monitors. Would be nice to have a button for something like 120 (or preferably just make it fully customizable) degrees. Now I have to use the Ctrl + left mouse button + mouse forward routine every time after I zoom.

Hunden
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I dont think it has much to do with fov selection. The outer 2 screens appear to be stuck in an up close fov causing this distortion. I think that is why there dosent appear to be much distortion up close.

Phazon
10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Only going off from memory here, but the game scales using the vert- method apparently which might have something to do with it.

Edit: I should explain further. The Vertical minus (vert-) scaling method basically involves the top and bottom parts of the screen being chopped off the wider the image is. Hence the "upclose" view by default.

The preferential method for image scaling is the Horizontal plus (hort+) method which basically expands the edges of the screen outwards without chopping the top and bottom like vert- does.

Ataros
10-05-2011, 04:13 PM
kegetis' mod tool (http://www.kegetys.net/misc/) allows assigning custom FOV values to default keys.

Do not use it online though as it may be considered a cheat by Steam VAC one day.