PDA

View Full Version : Patch Status

luthier
10-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,

We’re just having the hardest time trying to push this patch out. There are technical difficulties that cause occasional crashes to desktop. We hunted down all of the issues caused by the features new in this patch, but we are still facing some old issues with the engine. They are especially apparent on DirectX 9 and Windows XP.

We’re actually going to release another beta version of the same patch tomorrow and see how it’s testing the rest of the week. We’d like to make sure we don’t make the game any less stable with the new patch than it was with the old, or make it run any slower.

Sorry about the wait. We really want to push out the patch and continue improving the game but it’s just never as easy as you hope.

MoGas
10-04-2011, 03:04 PM
heads up, thanks for the information, looking forward to test the next beta patch...

Jugdriver
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the Update Luthier.

JD
AKA_MattE

Scavenger
10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Please give a readme for tomorrow patch to us!

Plt Off JRB Meaker
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM
I for one really appreciate your update Luthier,I know your doing your best,and that's good enough for me,looking forward to the next patch,thank you.;)

smink1701
10-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Please give a readme for tomorrow patch to us!

1+

KG26_Alpha
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi everyone,

There are technical difficulties that cause occasional crashes to desktop. We hunted down all of the issues caused by the features new in this patch, but we are still facing some old issues with the engine. They are especially apparent on DirectX 9 and Windows XP.

Just dump support for XP and dx9

Its obsolete as far as MS are concerned and hardware has far exceeded the limitations of XP32bit

Surerly it's obsolete for future CoD expansions?

lensman1945
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Don't worry too much...I don't have Windows XP:-P

..seriously tho'..hard work appreciated guys!

:grin:

Fjordmonkey
10-04-2011, 03:18 PM

Its obsolete as far as MS are concerned and hardware has far exceeded the limitations of XP32bit

Sadly there are many gamers that still run XP, as it works for their use. No idea why, though. Dumping support for it would be a bad move.

Glad to hear about the update, though! Looking forward to tomorrow :D

Scavenger
10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
http://s48.radikal.ru/i121/1110/c1/b4ba426553c9.jpg

Zappatime
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I think a lot of us thought another beta patch was maybe best anyway, with all the intended changes in sounds and lighting etc, so I for one am happy with a second beta, thanks for informing us of the problems, most of us here want to help make COD better.

Malc29
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the update Luthier. It is good to be aware of the current situation.

Can you just clarify please. The patch tomorrow will be the same as the current beta patch but with problems identified during testing fixed i.e. no additional features to those in the current beta?

Ze-Jamz
10-04-2011, 03:26 PM

+1

Ze-Jamz
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Can you just clarify please. The patch tomorrow will be the same as the current beta patch but with problems identified during testing fixed i.e. no additional features to those in the current beta?

I would of thought it was obvious that this NEW beta wouldn't be the same as the first m8 :\

If thats what you are asking

KG26_Alpha
10-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Sadly there are many gamers that still run XP, as it works for their use. No idea why, though. Dumping support for it would be a bad move.

Its not a bad move if it allows the sim to move forwards faster,
support for obsolete operating systems that cant fully support the software seems daft.

kristorf
10-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Cheers for the update gents

KeBrAnTo
Thanks for the info, Luthier.

Malc29
I would of thought it was obvious that this NEW beta wouldn't be the same as the first m8 :\

If thats what you are asking

I am asking if there is anything in addition to that in the current Beta patch or whether it is the current beta with fixes for the issues identified during testing so that we can feedback whether they have managed to fix them.

We’re actually going to release another beta version of the same patch tomorrow and see how it’s testing the rest of the week.

NLS61
10-04-2011, 03:33 PM
http://s48.radikal.ru/i121/1110/c1/b4ba426553c9.jpg

I think there will be one , a readme that is.
But why shoot your cat over it?

adonys
10-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Luthier,

I've asked you a few times on info/patch threads about this, but you never answered.

I've also made a thread, which got itself locked up pretty quick.

Some mods suggested to ask you directly, so here we go:

More than half a year (not a year and a half, you smart arses :P) passed from IL2CoD release, and yet the Radio Comms and the AI squadron player ignore bug are still present in the game (even if they were advertised and should have worked as day 1 features at release), completely ruining its singleplayer and all the with AI (ie massive) multiplayer modes. It is not only my personal view, but the view of the majority of IL2 CoD users.

They need to be your two top priority issues right now, as the game's stability and performance were pretty much solved in the first 3 months patches.. yet, 3 more months after that, they're still here.

Please, the game is completely unplayable because of them, make them your top priority issues, and have them fixed in the next beta patch.

And as we're here, I would humbly suggest to release beta patches more often. We have no problems trying and playing with betas in here, and it would get rid of the painful wait for testing in order to confirm them as full release patches. Win-win for both of us situation.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

PS: the content intended to be sent via a personal message to Luthier, of which inbox is unfortunately full all the time.

Dano
10-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Obviously playing a totally different game to the rest of us if it's been out for a year and a half and is completely unplayable...

Thanks for the update Luthier, would appreciate an update on the radio commands system and AI if you get the time though :)

T}{OR
10-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the update about the patch. I will wait for the official version though.

addman
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Luthier,

I've asked you a few times on info/patch threads about this, but you never answered.

More than a year and a half passed from IL2CoD release, and yet the Radio Comms and the AI squadron player ignore bug are still present in the game (even if they were advertised and should have worked as day 1 features at release), completely ruining its singleplayer and all the with AI (ie massive) multiplayer modes. It is not only my personal view, but the view of the majority of IL2 CoD users.

They need to be your two top priority issues right now, as the game's stability and performance were pretty much solved in the first 3 months patches.. yet, 3 more months after that, they're still here.

Please, the game is completely unplayable because of them, make them your top priority issues, and have them fixed in the next beta patch.

And as we're here, I would humbly suggest to release beta patches more often. We have no problems trying and playing with betas in here, and it would get rid of the painful wait for testing in order to confirm them as full release patches. Win-win for both of us situation.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

PS: the content intended to be sent via a personal message to Luthier, of which inbox is unfortunately full all the time.

First of all thank you Luthier for the update on the new(?) beta-beta patch(?). Looking forward to it. Secondly, I have to agree a bit with adonys here. I made a single player mission today involving a flight of 4 Emils with me as flight leader, after take off they just flew towards the waypoints even when I ordered them to rejoin formation, this is bad. I know you are aware of it and I know it's probably on top of your to fix list but I just wanted to highlight it yet again, fix A.I! fix comms! Personally I don't care about any other part of the game at the moment. SP is ruined. Long live the 40 odd people who fly the game online....

FG28_Kodiak
10-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Hm get my game April 2011 ;)

pupo162
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM

you cant drop the support for it since it says on the box it would work with it. thats enough for a law suit.

Aer9o
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Luthier,

More than a year and a half passed from IL2CoD release, and yet the Radio Comms and the AI squadron player ignore bug are still present in the game (even if they were advertised and should have worked as day 1 features at release), completely ruining its singleplayer and all the with AI (ie massive) multiplayer modes. It is not only my personal view, but the view of the majority of IL2 CoD users.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

Mai Danut...tu ai auzit de vorba aia: brinza buna in burduf de ciine...asta avem la momentul de fata!

Doc_uk
10-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Luthier,

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

A year and a half lol
Product release 7/19/2011
Thanks for the update luither:grin:

jimbop
10-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the update. Agree that some info on where you guys are at with AI/comms would be appreciated. At the moment SP is just dogfight which gets boring after a while. But hey, traveling at the moment anyway so no beta testing for me!

phoenix1963
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
In my experience, if you move to another platform and have crashes it's because the bugs were always there, but were causing less serious problems that were not noticed before.

So they're better fixed anyway.

Thanks for the update Luthier

56RAF_phoenix

nearmiss
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM

XP is no longer supported, nor is Vista from MSFT.

Yes, we know there are a world of XP users still out there, but the priority should be on the later systems. Most users of COD are upgrading their systems daily to accomodate the improvements in COD.

Even the kiddies are emptying their piggy banks for new video cards.

adonys
10-04-2011, 04:42 PM
it was actually intended as half a year, you smart panties! that mistake won't change the core of the message in any way..

Catseye
10-04-2011, 04:43 PM

Yes, we know there are a world of XP users still out there, but the priority should be on the later systems. Most users of COD are upgrading their systems daily to accomodate the improvements in COD.

There may be considerable demographics not in N.A. or Europe that are COD clients and critical to it's success. We tend to measure everything by our own standards without consideration for the rest of the world. I'm sure that if it wasn't important to the sim the devs would have dropped integration with the older platforms.

PeterPanPan
10-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Its not a bad move if it allows the sim to move forwards faster,
support for obsolete operating systems that cant fully support the software seems daft.

And how's about the possibility of 2 versions of the game. A better one for W7 64 bit users, and one for XP if the devs really want to support it.

PPP

klem
10-04-2011, 04:46 PM

I expect it to be the same beta patch with some aspects adjusted from beta feedback. At least that would be interim progress in a beta that isn't finalised yet. I doubt if the scope of the replacement beta will be greater than the initial beta patch which they haven't released formally yet through Steam.

adonys
10-04-2011, 04:51 PM
[PCH] (2011.10.05) supposed next Beta
[PCH] (2011.09.06) v1.03.15527 Beta

so.. you would quietly accept that only real progress between these two patches should only be some brighter colors?

for a month of code development?

really?!!

JG52Krupi
10-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Great news, a second version is a great idea.

Thanks luthier.

JG53Frankyboy
10-04-2011, 05:21 PM
i dont think they are allowed to skip XP support till thier next AdOn - than the player have to decide if he want to buy and merge it into CoD.

Sven
10-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the news Luthier, looking forward to testing out the upcoming Beta-patch!

6BL Bird-Dog
10-04-2011, 05:23 PM

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-04-2011, 05:31 PM

There are also rumors that some still use Win32 ...

Eventually they just will have to decide to make the step and move forward. As far as I understood MS dumped support for XP a long time ago. That is: no security updates, no driver updates. Why should very new games support an OS that is supported by nobody else?

To luthier: Thanks for the update!

Vengeanze
10-04-2011, 05:33 PM

+1 (being a smartass: note that MS still have extended support for some customers until 2014. But mainstream support was retired in 2009)

So why in the world do 1C say they will support a retired OS? :shock:
And why in the world do they want to support an API from 2002 that was superseded in 2006 already (DXv.9)? :shock:

Who the h€ll made that decision? IDIOT!!!:twisted::twisted:

EDIT: Just checked and 19,5% of Steam users got XP32/64. Like someone said in another forum "2001 called and wanted it's OS back". :-D

EDIT 2: Close to 5% of steam users run macs so I demand that 1C port CloD to mac os x ASAP or...I'll fart in their general directions!!!

Skiiwa
10-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the Update!
I really only want 2 things. 1.We NEED to be able to communicate with our AI wingmen. 2. P-38..... ^-^, Seriuosly, the skirmish mode is almost perfect in 1946. All I ever do is Pick my plane, pick my Map, my weapons, type of skirmish I want(which is Useally, Bomb airfield or ships with defenders, then try to get back home....I would LOVE it if I could land Rearm, Refuel, and Repair and have another go, cause I HATE having to Hit refly. Its not immersive at all. If the skirmish mode was more dynamic I would pay $100 for that!

nearmiss
10-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Vengeanze

Why would someone kiss their cow?

How could anyone eat squid and call it delicacy, when it is fish bait?

The answer likes in the irrationality of mankind.

Vengeanze
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Vengeanze

Why would someone kiss their cow?

How could anyone eat squid and call it delicacy, when it is fish bait?

The answer likes in the irrationality of mankind.

Right!!

Edit: However the other way around (eating a cow and kissing a squid) is perfectly normal.

BRIGGBOY
10-04-2011, 05:46 PM
thank you luthier

Kodoss
10-04-2011, 06:06 PM
F5 Blues

F5. I hit you down.
F5. It touch the ground.
F5. I look around.
F5.. There's still no patch arouuuund.

Just kidding.
And thanks for the update, even when the minority does'nt appreciate it.:rolleyes:

Rage
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I am growing a beard....a long beard....

LcSummers
10-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks luthier for these words. Thanks for these news.

Gerbil Maximus
10-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi everyone,

We’re just having the hardest time trying to push this patch out. There are technical difficulties that cause occasional crashes to desktop. We hunted down all of the issues caused by the features new in this patch, but we are still facing some old issues with the engine. They are especially apparent on DirectX 9 and Windows XP.

We’re actually going to release another beta version of the same patch tomorrow and see how it’s testing the rest of the week. We’d like to make sure we don’t make the game any less stable with the new patch than it was with the old, or make it run any slower.

Sorry about the wait. We really want to push out the patch and continue improving the game but it’s just never as easy as you hope.

Thank you for the info.

Will this new beta have the additional sounds and content or is it just changes in the base code?

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-04-2011, 06:37 PM
F5 Blues

F5. I hit you down.
F5. It touch the ground.
F5. I look around.
F5.. There's still no patch arouuuund.

Just kidding.
And thanks for the update, even when the minority does'nt appreciate it.:rolleyes:

Love that! Now if you could make this to music this would be great (the original is a great song btw)

Insuber
10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Thank you Luthier: thanks to you and 1C: Maddox Games I am today a better man. I am much more patient and tolerant, I developed a solid fatalism, a sense of eternity and a strong faith in a cycle of reincarnations, at the end of which I will find the final patch of CloD. I must leave now for a little rest on my bed of nails, good bye.

Raggz
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the update. A new beta is a good move. Also crossing my fingers for working wingman AI and Radio comms.

snwkill
10-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Good info... Easy solution stop supporting XP, Microsoft should have done it 2 years ago.
;)

Towarisch
10-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Hey luthier. Don`t be worry.

Patch out tomorrow, as a beta patch. That´s more, as i had dreaming;)

Your work and the work of your team is very hard. So... dont let your head hang down.
Heads Up......it gaves always a way.....OUT:)

And ........better a little bit more of waiting, as waiting without a finish.;)

Thanks for your works, also greetings with a big kiss to your team:)

You make my day. Every day a little bit more.

Towarisch

baronWastelan
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
luthier: the fate of Western Civilisation is in your hands. Please be careful.

310_cibule
10-04-2011, 07:19 PM

Take as much time as needed to release a good patch (as all have been so far).

ACE-OF-ACES
10-04-2011, 07:21 PM
We’re actually going to release another beta version of the same patch tomorrow and see how it’s testing the rest of the week.
When I 1st read that.. I took it as most are.. That Luthier is saying he is going to release a patch to us 'users' tomorrow.. Call me paranoid.. but if you read between the lines it could also mean luthier is releasing a beta version to the in-house beta testers (read not us users) to test for the rest of the week

I hope I am reading it wrong! ;)

ACE-OF-ACES
10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
PS dump XP.. not worth what ever effort is being put into it

Wandalen
10-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Long live the 40 odd people who fly the game online....

Thanks addman! and thanks Louither! :)

Vengeanze
10-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Call me paranoid.. but if you read between the lines it could also mean luthier is releasing a beta version to the in-house beta testers (read not us users) to test for the rest of the week

I hope I am reading it wrong! ;)

We are the inhouse testers. Haven't you noticed?

RickRuski
10-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Luthier,

Sometimes news of the development team having problems getting the patch sorted is better than no news at all, thanks for the update.
We know the team is working hard to get this right, our support as always is with you.

Cheers

Rick

desigabri
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
There are also rumors that some still use Win32 ...

Eventually they just will have to decide to make the step and move forward. As far as I understood MS dumped support for XP a long time ago. That is: no security updates, no driver updates. Why should very new games support an OS that is supported by nobody else?

To luthier: Thanks for the update!

may be because of the 30% (someone wrote) speed improvement? and less stuttered game too?

I heard about some people having the XP32 partition only for some games and it could help who doesn't have new hardware. I personally have w764 and I remeber to have seen improvements in fluidity with it for IL2 and Arma.
But I have changed my hardware 2 weeks ago and because I continue having stuttering troubles, I started thinking to try for a dedicated XP32 partition for games if it permits better perfomances.

Anyone can confirm or not about this option?

Anyway I still waiting to buy it, and I'm not legittimate to pretend about any improvement. I only wait for a starting DVD version with few patches to install. I found a cracked patched version playable, just losed some fps with the last patch and I also just renewed my hardware for COD and Arma2, but I would like to buy a DVD version playable starting from the first installation...

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-04-2011, 08:16 PM
What you ask is mission impossible if pursued with consquence.

Instead that the dev team (which is very small) puts energy, effort and man power into the optimisation of the code with respect to an outdated system just because it fits a handful of people with equally outdated hardware I prefer them to streamline and optimize the code for the majority of users for up-to-date hardware and software.

Just a matter of sensible priorities with respect to resources management.

desigabri
10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah I respect them too, I know I'm not gentle writing that I'm waiting for a working version, but this is what I think. I understand their priority, just want to know what they wrote onto the CoD box: If they wrote about XP compatibility I think they shouldn't forget it. About me I really will buy it, so they'll have my cotribute as they already have my respect about their job. I only wait to have a good basic installation. I'm thinking about how mutch they will need to put it into the shops: I wouldn't buy it and realize that I'll have buyed a 1.01 version :(

tomandre81
10-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi, Luthier. Been enjoying il2-sturmovik since the day it was released. Same with Forgotten Battles and il2: 1946. I have bought all your il2-series.
And now with latest patch for il2-cliffs of dover I must say: WOW! I have been enjoying your sim non-stop for 1 week now.
And the new sound engine is incredible! And the ocean looks so realistic. I really feel I am high up when looking down on the water and scale of the whole simulator looks so realistic. Everyt time I shoot down a plane something different happends.
The sim runs smooth, except when I fly from high to low altitude, then it stutters a bit, but after a few seconds it goes smooth again.
Are you planning to add a dynamic campaign in the future?
Keep up the good work

Whiski
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Great news and can't wait to try it out.

Whiskey

klem
10-04-2011, 08:45 PM

so.. you would quietly accept that only real progress between these two patches should only be some brighter colors?

really?!!

If that was to me adonys, its not what I accept, its more what I expect they have been doing. Of course I expect more progress than some bright colours and we have it, the biggest one being the sound fix which the pure Steam guys haven't even had yet.

They've had 4 weeks to pick up on our feedback (a LOT of it) and work on (some of?) it. If they've squeezed anthything else in then its a bonus but what would be the point of releasing one beta then releasing different one when they haven't even formally released the first? It would be a beta patch on top of a beta patch which would confuse feedback and leave the pure Steam guys sitting wondering when they are going to get anything new.

On XP support
I don't think MG could afford to drop it, they would lose a significant part of the potential market. Don't forget this dev began when XP was the hot Windows OS. Its ok for those of us with new PCs and Win 7 to take that line but not really realistic for a business to do that.

If they've developed something that XP can't support, well I suppose thats one kind of progress, but a bit short sighted. If they've been forced down that route to meet their new vision well then yes, its hard cheese on the XP market and bye bye to quite a few potential customers.

skouras
10-04-2011, 08:59 PM
At last
Good news...

Tavingon
10-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Great stuff, I'll look forward to it

[501]Otto
10-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Great news, can't wait to try it out.
Thanks Luthier. ;)

robtek
10-04-2011, 11:25 PM
The majority of the flight-sim-crowd knows that no programming can make up-to-date-hardware redundant and buys accordingly.

Same is for win7/64.

To invest in a shrinking (dying) market (Win XP and obsolete hardware) is throwing money away.

Troll2k
10-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Unfortunately the horse has already left the barn.To stop XP and DX9 support now would certainly alienate all those that have already bought it and are running it to the best of their abilities.

Maybe there should be a Clod poll(maybe there already is one and I missed it) asking what OS is being currently used.

Dropping XP And DX9 support might be okay for a future paid addon.That way the user can read the specs on the box and know what to expect and make a decision on whether to upgrade his/her OS.

I have no programming knowledge so I am just throwing this question out there.
Just as some programs have both a 32 and 64 bit exe for the install would it be possible to do the same for XP and W7?

MadBlaster
10-05-2011, 12:16 AM
@Luthier. Are you using the 3gb switch in XP boot.ini? Maybe it will help with desktop crashes. Cheers.:)

Hunden
10-05-2011, 12:56 AM

really?!!

Love the game but glad its not that important to me to stress over.

MegOhm
10-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the update on the update...errr beta update.

Well things are a little diff over there...maybe the XP users just aren't updating their systems for whatever reason...maybe they run some of the much older SIMS...

I updated to a new rig because of CLOD and A-10... otherwise I could have continued IL2 46 UP modded on my old machine.. have to say it is awesome on this new rig...

Curious what the plans are for Multiplayer and a fix for the Channel Map so we can Fly some COOP missions. Yep.... AI that actually have Artificial Intelligence would be a big improvement

Chivas
10-05-2011, 03:09 AM
The lap dogs in this thread are impressive, most impressive... While to a degree I fully respect and appreciate the hard work of the current dev team, I ultimately feel cheated with this product.. All the time following it, BUYING it, etc.. I have been a loyal IL2 fan for years. But all this time.. for this? It really boggles the mind how this happened.. All those years in development. Flame me all you want, but this is my first time venting like this on this forum. Just terrible.

Its definitely not terrible, its more like a miracle this development was even released. Atleast now we have a chance that the sim will be finished, instead of flying IL-2 1946 for another ten years. Your minimal investment in the new IL-2 series will help the new series develop into something far beyond what we had with the original series.

MegOhm
10-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Really...IL2 46 and UP Modded version ... so far it is holding up pretty good... it kicks arse against anything else at the moment...Another 10 years? yah I could see that.

Interesting thought....you get to tell your grand kids and their kids you were a Beta tester for this SIM... as was the entire community...

Actually it has come a long way and I am enjoying it now... Performance greatly improved.... AI and MP fix would do it for me...

oh yeah...am I the only one that has trouble steering a spit on the ground? No prob with other planes..yes my rudder works and no the brakes arent on... did try that too though

Frequent_Flyer
10-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VShadowLurkerV
The lap dogs in this thread are impressive, most impressive... While to a degree I fully respect and appreciate the hard work of the current dev team, I ultimately feel cheated with this product.. All the time following it, BUYING it, etc.. I have been a loyal IL2 fan for years. But all this time.. for this? It really boggles the mind how this happened.. All those years in development. Flame me all you want, but this is my first time venting like this on this forum. Just terrible.
Its definitely not terrible, its more like a miracle this development was even released. Atleast now we have a chance that the sim will be finished, instead of flying IL-2 1946 for another ten years. Your minimal investment in the new IL-2 series will help the new series develop into something far beyond what we had with the original series.

I think you both make very good points. 1C should sell what they have completed to Lucas Arts. They are rumored to be doing a "Redtails" movie. They have the resources and the management to finish this in a timely manner.

This would get to a better planeset, away from the early war trainers in BOB.

jayrc
10-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Awesome, thanks, can't wait:grin:

PissyChrissy
10-05-2011, 05:36 AM
CloD came out a year and a half ago? Did i get sucked into a vortex?

Qpassa
10-05-2011, 06:57 AM
expecting readme and a patch, thanks luthier

Rattlehead
10-05-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm in favour of XP being quietly dropped down the road as well. C'mon...it's 10 years old now.

It may be a bit cruel to do it for Clod, but for the next expansion/add-on, well, why not?

Qpassa
10-05-2011, 07:09 AM
+1 for leave XP support

PE_Tigar
10-05-2011, 08:30 AM
We are the inhouse testers. Haven't you noticed?

As in - we sit in our houses and beta-test :D

hc_wolf
10-05-2011, 09:13 AM
ok... It's 8.10pm Wednesday the 5th here in Australia...

It is 1.10pm in Moscow.

Am I gonna have to stay up till 3am for the patch or is it getting uploaded soon???

Either way I am going to be up all night flying. Yes I work and ride 20km to work also, Just going to be tired hehehe.. PATCH ME !!!

Raggz
10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
It's early in Moscow so i don't think the patch will be out for another 6-7 hours. Go to bed :)

hc_wolf
10-05-2011, 09:35 AM
FINE! I WILL!!!!! fruph n humph.... mutter mutter...

Vengeanze
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
FINE! I WILL!!!!! fruph n humph.... mutter mutter...

Have a look at a globe. You aussies are upside down and your timezone is warped. Don't blame us for living on the right side of the planet. ;-)
Go play with an alligator or something while waiting. ;-)

(just joking. don't be mad. I've seen mad australians and they're friggin mean)

5./JG27.Farber
10-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Yep just forget XP.

jimbop
10-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Alligators? Ha, wrong continent! We've got crocs...

WinXP will become redundant when dx11 support is brought in anyway. Surely it will be too much to support dx9, 10 and 11.

banned
10-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Have a look at a globe. You aussies are upside down and your timezone is warped. Don't blame us for living on the right side of the planet. ;-)
Go play with an alligator or something while waiting. ;-)

(just joking. don't be mad. I've seen mad australians and they're friggin mean)
I know mate. We are a bit upside down here. I will get up early tomorrow (Thursday) and hopefully I'll see the new Beta patch. It's usually Saturday but a nice suprise for mid week.
I envy you wolf being in Adelaide. I'm a Wallaroo boy but now living in friggin cold Canberra.
Us Aussies aren't mean unless you're a snake, spider, shark or croc.

Sammi79
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the update, hope the new beta improves on the last which in itself was a vast improvement.

Keep up the hard work it is appreciated.

regards,
Sam.

Forcavitale
10-05-2011, 11:30 AM
Do I need to uninstall the beta patch that im using right now to be able to install this new one?:confused:

ATAG_Snapper
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
I know mate. We are a bit upside down here. I will get up early tomorrow (Thursday) and hopefully I'll see the new Beta patch. It's usually Saturday but a nice suprise for mid week.
I envy you wolf being in Adelaide. I'm a Wallaroo boy but now living in friggin cold Canberra.
Us Aussies aren't mean unless you're a snake, spider, shark or croc.

Wallaroo? My Dad was born & raised in Wallaroo Mines in 1918. Joined the RAAF in '42, came to Montreal, Canada same year to train with British Commonwealth Training Plan, earned his wings at St. Hubert Air Base, met & married Mom (that's why i'm Canadian :) ),then left for England (multi engines) and remained in ETO until demob'd in late '45 and returned to Canada. He passed on in '09 and my brother flew from Toronto to Adelaide to lay Dad's ashes in the family plot in W.M.

Small world!

FG28_Kodiak
10-05-2011, 11:41 AM
best method is to let steam check your files, then you have the clean version, (dont forget to delete the cache files) and then install the beta patch.

Mad G
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
best method is to let steam check your files, then you have the clean version, (dont forget to delete the cache files) and then install the beta patch.

S!

Regarding the cache files should I delete all, including the shaders file? Thanks,

SP!

Forcavitale
10-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I found this;
If u click on the "Verify integrity of game cache" menu (under steam-game-properties-local files), it will restore the last official patch version.
Is this the way to do it, if not, how do i delete the cache?

Gerbil Maximus
10-05-2011, 12:59 PM
S!

Regarding the cache files should I delete all, including the shaders file? Thanks,

SP!

yeah thats the way :)

mazex
10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
S!

SP!

Someone said one should leave the "shaders" folder there but delete the content in it. I've never done that (deleted all the files including the sub folder "shaders"), and I've never had any problems. It gets recreated and filled anyway...

On interesting thing I found right now cleaning the folder in preparation for todays possible patch release was that there was a bmp-file in my "cache" forlder called "picture.bmp" at a whopping 50mb. It contained a crappy Spitfire skin with some naked chick...

IF that has been downloaded while joining a multiplayer session it sure would botch that server. There where a lot of other user made skins in .jpg format at about 2.5Mb in the folder but that feels OK.

Anyone knows why a bmp file would end up there?

ATAG_Snapper
10-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Someone said one should leave the "shaders" folder there but delete the content in it. I've never done that (deleted all the files including the sub folder "shaders"), and I've never had any problems. It gets recreated and filled anyway...

On interesting thing I found right now cleaning the folder in preparation for todays possible patch release was that there was a bmp-file in my "cache" forlder called "picture.bmp" at a whopping 50mb. It contained a crappy Spitfire skin with some naked chick...

IF that has been downloaded while joining a multiplayer session it sure would botch that server. There where a lot of other user made skins in .jpg format at about 2.5Mb in the folder but that feels OK.

Anyone knows why a bmp file would end up there?

That would explain the occasional freeze up that occurs during MP when a new player spawns. Also the recent two crash to black screen I've recently experienced during MP.

Redroach
10-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Luthier,

More than half a year (not a year and a half, you smart arses :P) passed from IL2CoD release, and yet the Radio Comms and the AI squadron player ignore bug are still present in the game (even if they were advertised and should have worked as day 1 features at release), completely ruining its singleplayer and all the with AI (ie massive) multiplayer modes. It is not only my personal view, but the view of the majority of IL2 CoD users.

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

This, one hundred thousand times this. For the life of me... people got major rear-bleeding about "lime-green" colors, yet seem to totally ignore that, once in the cockpit, you are totally on your own. Although WWII simulations are the very pinnacle of (big) formation flying ("Wing leader, bandit on your six", what the herk?), carpet bombing, et cetera pp. !
As long as this persists,
CoD is no combat simulation; it's a flight/gunnery practising simulation.
So, any serious involvement into CoD is still out of the question.

P.S.:Wasn't there a guy being hired who got to work primarily on these issues?
P.P.S.: Radio communication is a part of flight sims since at least the early '90s. Boiiink, 1C!
P.P.P.S.: Thinking along the lines of "It's all remedied in MP, together with Vent/TS3" is totally invalid, as long as there is no "real-life tower service" and, furthermore, some volunteers who are on the radio when I just want to do a quick mission or some campaign.
P.P.P.P.S.: See my sig...
P.P.P.P.P.S.: This only strengthens my conviction that there is no intelligent life in the universe. At all. Ah well, maybe there was... the guys who invented wireless communication maybe showed some intellect, after all :D

SC/JG Matoni
10-05-2011, 01:34 PM
~S,

Its 2011

If your still using XP

Dump it! the world of hardware, and soft has moved on.

Matoni

skouras
10-05-2011, 01:37 PM
w7 guys...
come on,....:grin:
my bet that they are not going to release a beta today ;)

Buzpilot
10-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Try run Battlefield 3 beta on XP, oh noes, it's ONLY Win7 :)

mazex
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM
~S,

Its 2011

If your still using XP

Dump it! the world of hardware, and soft has moved on.

Matoni

Well, I had to keep an XP x86/W7 x64 dual boot for a long time as RoF does not work on Windows 7 x64 with a dual core CPU... Worked like a charm on XP-32 though with almost double FPS, so the problem can go the other way too ;)

And are you still on W7 by the way? ;)

Trooper117
10-05-2011, 02:03 PM
I upgraded to win7 to run this game.. as it turns out it ran far better on xp.. I have nothing but lock ups now since upgrading..

skouras
10-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Try run Battlefield 3 beta on XP, oh noes, it's ONLY Win7 :)

second to that mate :grin::grin:

Ze-Jamz
10-05-2011, 02:22 PM
I upgraded to win7 to run this game.. as it turns out it ran far better on xp.. I have nothing but lock ups now since upgrading..

Dont worry, you made a good choice...your see

Pudfark
10-05-2011, 02:54 PM
The majority of the flight-sim-crowd knows that no programming can make up-to-date-hardware redundant and buys accordingly.

Same is for win7/64.

To invest in a shrinking (dying) market (Win XP and obsolete hardware) is throwing money away.

Finally, something I can agree with robtek on...well stated...:cool:
Writing for XP is like a skating rink allocating 50% of their parking
spaces for the handicapped.

Pudfark
10-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I dunno about your thought Robtek, have you seen how many guys are still playing 1946? I bet a good portion of those are on obsolete equipment with obsolete OS, and simply unwilling to move up into the present.

Cheesehawk, folks playing 1946? Are playing 1946. Many folks have spent a lot of money for hardware/software up grades for COD, to include myself.
To have a backwards compatibility for XP?
Might as well have one for DOS...
Sorta like tuning yer spitfire to run on 80 octane w/ethanol....

Ze-Jamz
10-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Writing for XP is like a skating rink allocating 50% of their parking
spaces for the handicapped.

+1

Trooper117
10-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Dont worry, you made a good choice...your see

Well mate, I've run the beta on it and it still locks up, so not sure what the problem is..
I'ts running on most stuff set to medium, no grass, low tree setting and it's still no go..
I have a quad core system on win7 64 bit pro with 4gb of ram, plus a gtx 570, and it won't play.
I don't see how another beta will magicaly sort it out.. :(

Gambit21
10-05-2011, 03:53 PM
CloD came out a year and a half ago? Did i get sucked into a vortex?

Read the whole thread Pissy

chiefrr73
10-05-2011, 03:58 PM
luthier is online

satchenko
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM
luthier is online

:grin:

Scavenger
10-05-2011, 04:00 PM
luthier is online

at least ten minutes.

Ze-Jamz
10-05-2011, 04:01 PM
http://res.images.picsquare.com/images/designs/1434.jpg

Gerbil Maximus
10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
haha "the healthy humour of the honest tommy" :D

Kobold10
10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone,

So where is the 2nd BETA patch? Or did I miss something?

Ze-Jamz
10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
So where is the 2nd BETA patch? Or did I miss something?

Yea i would say you've missed something..or at least didn't bother to read this thread

kristorf
10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
luthier is online

Come to check the daily whingers and whinners ;) :mrgreen: :rolleyes:

Trooper117
10-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Oi.. I resemble that remark!!.. lol!

satchenko
10-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Now Luthier is offline... :rolleyes:

Phazon
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Now Luthier is offline... hahahahahahahaha:rolleyes:

Oh Luthier you tease you.

Scavenger
10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
panic-mongers will be shooted

Ze-Jamz
10-05-2011, 04:10 PM
http://res.images.picsquare.com/images/designs/1434.jpg
:cool:

satchenko
10-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Oh Luthier you tease you.

Tease me? No, all of us... since Clod release.

Nitrous
10-05-2011, 04:19 PM
boo again

Phazon
10-05-2011, 04:20 PM
... and now he's back. ;)

Man he must think some of us have no lives. :D

Nitrous
10-05-2011, 04:20 PM
we don't

Skilgannon506
10-05-2011, 04:21 PM