PDA

View Full Version : Working 3D screenshot from the upcoming patch

Stefem
10-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Thanks to one of the dev team (MuxaHuk on sukoi.ru) now we have 3 working 3D screenshots.
These are interlaced stereo PNG screenshots (right line first), 1080i (half vertical resolution per eye).

For NVIDIA users:
You can use 3D vision player to view the images, just select the "Interlaced (Field-Sequential) Right Line First" layout and enjoy CoD in 3D, even with a pair of anaglyph glasses you get an idea on how the sim perform in stereo 3D

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8071/0cod3di.png

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7620/2cod3di.png

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/371/3cod3di.png

Gerbil Maximus
10-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Why are they doing this?
I'm sure this is all great and revolutionary but surely this is just adding more stuff to a game that lacks basic functions
So soon we might have 3d but on a malfunctioning platfrom. Yay!
More things they have to re-write and de-bug again in the future when they do finally fix the problems that prevent us from having the standard features. More over probably only 10% of the customers here are going to be able to make use of this feature.
I just cannot see any logic in this at all when we dont even have fully working fullscreen application.

Ze-Jamz
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Not interested in this in the slightest

JG52Krupi
10-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Stefem thanks for sharing...

To the posters above this, grow up... This is great news, just because you have no interest in it does not mean it is pointless.

If you have nothing positive to add then don't say anything.

Oh and my screenshot application is working fine, the steam one works now and again but as long as you have set a button the in game capture works fine... so im guessing user error, kind of makes sense with the useless drivel you posted above Gerbil :rolleyes:

Gerbil Maximus
10-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Stefem thanks for sharing...

To the posters above this, grow up... This is great news, just because you have no interest in it does not mean it is pointless.

You think i'm childish for thinking this is ilogical?
I do have interest in this, Surely that effort would be better placed in bringing a fully working game to the table rather than just adding more stuff to it that might have to be recoded again.

LOL you gauge that its fine cos your screenshot button works in steam huh dude you lost me on that one.

JG5_emil
10-03-2011, 04:23 PM
If I wanted headaches I could just talk to my wife for half an hour!

Ze-Jamz
10-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Woah Krup... slow down fella

Nothing to do with growing up, that half hour wasted getting that screenshot from the devs could be put towards getting our fuc*in patch sorted..

I have no interest in 3D when the game it refers too isn't running as it should and all the rest of the crud associated with it

Growing up has nothing to do with it

JG52Krupi
10-03-2011, 04:33 PM
You think i'm childish for thinking this is ilogical?
I do have interest in this, Surely that effort would be better placed in bringing a fully working game to the table rather than just adding more stuff to it that might have to be recoded again.

LOL you gauge that its fine cos your screenshot button works in steam huh dude you lost me on that one.

Read again TOOL, the IN GAME one works fine but I have problems with the steam one......

And how do you know that the guy that is working on this can fix the other stuff, for all we know he could have been working on this for a long time.

Woah Krup... slow down fella

Nothing to do with growing up, that half hour wasted getting that screenshot from the devs could be put towards getting our fuc*in patch sorted..

I have no interest in 3D when the game it refers too isn't running as it should and all the rest of the crud associated with it

Growing up has nothing to do with it

Sorry Jamz, but with the kind of senseless drivel that some of the posters come up with then yes some of you have to grow up...

"Lets throw the toys out of the pram when the devs mention that they PLAN on adding a new feature"

Errrr yes some ppl DO NEED to grow up.

Continu0
10-03-2011, 04:33 PM
For all those complaining about wrong priorities:

As far as I remember, you can read a reasonable explenation from Luthier about this in the "Suhkoi Forum Tidbits" thread.

Luthier explains that everyone that works on the game ist working on one part. eg. One guy is working with the graphics, another one takes care of the AI, a third one is improving the physics or whatever...

So why should the guy working on the graphics now start to work on the AI? That doesn´t make any sense, because no one would be satisfied with an AI programmed by the Graphic-Guy.

So while the other ones improve AI, Performance, New Planes, Weather, (...whatever) why shouldn´t the graphic-guy make the game 3d?

In my opinion we can´t really complain about the graphics in the game. Sure there are some things like flickering shadows, but overall the graphics are more than okay.(Performance is - at least on my system - another issue! still there is only 1 core used, 3 out of 8 GB ram are used...(64bit problem?))

For me this makes sense, other opinions are welcome...;-)

JG52Krupi
10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
See the post above...^ that's called common sense.

Well apart from this bit "(Performance is - at least on my system - another issue! still there is only 1 core used, 3 out of 8 GB ram are used...(64bit problem?))".

If the game used 8GB of ram then I would need to buy some more ram.... its a good thing that it currently uses only 3GB as most ppl don't have 8GB (correct me if I am wrong, I am not too hot on RAM).

Continu0
10-03-2011, 04:35 PM
And how do you know that the guy that is working on this can fix the other stuff, for all we know he could have been working on this for a long time.

That was the shorter version...:grin:

And thanks by the way... Altough I have to admit that I didn´t came to the idea until I read the Sukhoi Tidbits...

Gerbil Maximus
10-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Read again TOOL, the IN GAME one works fine but I have problems with the steam one......

Mate we obviously have some kind of crossed wire here because i have no idea why you are talking about screenshot buttons.

Maybe you should take your own advice and behave in a manor that doesnt resort to insulting people because they dissagree with your opinion or dont understand what you are talking about.

Phazon
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Apparently the stereoscopic mode only took like a day to create by one dev who didn't have any other active tasks at the time, so good for him doing something productive for the game rather than spinning on his office chair all day. :P

JG52Krupi
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Mate we obviously have some kind of crossed wire here because i have no idea why you are talking about screenshot buttons.

Maybe you should take your own advice and behave in a manor that doesnt resort to insulting people because they dissagree of dont understand what you are talking about.

Whoops my bad seem to have misread your original post, thought you said something about screenshots not fullscreen.

You have my most sincere apology :oops:.

What problems are you having with fullscreen then?

ElAurens
10-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Total waste of resources IMHO.

3D is a fad that various sources have tried to push on the public for decades.

Ze-Jamz
10-03-2011, 04:42 PM

Maybe you should take your own advice and behave in a manor that doesnt resort to insulting people because they dissagree with your opinion or dont understand what you are talking about.

^ have to agree, no real need to be fair

Hmm I think Krupi got out of the wrong side of the bed today, That right m8?

distant
10-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Fellowsimmers, my view on 3D is favorable, but I'll try to offer a simple reason why 3D, for those who are not, hopefully will calm their anger in the face of progress: In the earlier day of computer game, the flight represented by ascii, then 2D sprites, then 3D polygons, and now 3D. Historiscally, games always have been marching towards better, visually/graphically and inevitably it will come to 3D and later on will perfect it or surpass it with some 4D stuff. The point is, Devs must strive to make their wares competitive and lasting and it always put a strain on the hardwares, but there is always options for those who don't want or can't use it.

So please calm down and let others enjoy their 3D bliss.

JG52Krupi
10-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Sorry dude, I am tired and seeing once again just PURE MINDLESS BS on this forum just sparked me up.

BUT SERIOUSLY HOW CAN YOU GUYS MOAN ABOUT A FEATURE BEING ADDED.

Gerbil Maximus
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Whoops my bad seem to have misread your original post, thought you said something about screenshots not fullscreen.

You have my most sincere apology :oops:.

What problems are you having with fullscreen then?

No worries at all mate, I understand the frustration, it gets to me too, maybe thats why i dont see the logic with applyin this a the problematic base code that we have already.

Mine is the fullscreen epi-fit inducing nightmare that is every time i enter or exit the menus and the game itself, it flashes my desktop about 3-4 times.
I cant even record it with fraps cos it just displays half a black screen and half skybox until the actual 3D game itself kicks in. (3D being not the funky in your face stuff).

I'm not moaning about it being added, I want also to hear the real news about fixes that apply to all of us is all.

albx
10-03-2011, 04:50 PM
Sorry dude, I am tired and seeing once again just PURE MINDLESS BS on this forum just sparked me up.

say that u are upset because you expected a PATCH today :grin:

Ze-Jamz
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM

Were agree to disagree then fella... Pure mindless BS? are you sure?

f*k me, id hate to know what you think about some of the stuff posted in here..

I dont care about 3D at this present time, didn't say once i hate it and don't want it added as its crap etc etc

When the games running Ok etc Il welcome 3D... Better? ;)

Gerbil Maximus
10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
say that u are upset because you expected a PATCH today :grin:

LOL you b####rd :grin:

Ze-Jamz
10-03-2011, 04:53 PM
LOL you b####rd :grin:

I think hes got a point though :cool:

Gerbil Maximus
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I think hes got a point though :cool:

Yeah wheres the stash of pitchforcks and torches :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_J9m0r9H4Vhg/TRNuynMPNEI/AAAAAAAAAtM/JrhozRGTquo/s1600/mob_440.jpg

Sorry just being silly now :-P :-P :-P

Pluto
10-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Why are they doing this?
I'm sure this is all great and revolutionary but surely this is just adding more stuff to a game that lacks basic functions
More things they have to re-write and de-bug again in the future when they do finally fix the problems that prevent us from having the standard features. More over probably only 10% of the customers here are going to be able to make use of this feature.
I just cannot see any logic in this at all when we dont even have fully working fullscreen application.

... exactly ! ....:!:

Corto
10-03-2011, 05:09 PM
Why are they doing this?

Total agree!!!

I dont need 3D. After more than 6 month we have a announcement for super 3 D simulation. I still want a working Clodo.

Mad G
10-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Why are they doing this?

Agreed! This sim improved after the beta patch, but still needs many things to work properly. After that, a 3D option will be nice, not now imho.

JG52Uther
10-03-2011, 05:20 PM
Krupi you're a t*t. :)

Sven
10-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I like to see these new things added, although I don't have 3D glasses to get some use out of it.

Remember, the dev-team is no 1 man team, so if one guy made this possible it probably had little impact on bugfixing.

nearmiss
10-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Total waste of resources IMHO.

3D is a fad that various sources have tried to push on the public for decades.

1+

superman
10-03-2011, 05:45 PM
The big question is of course:

Can these screenshots be trusted?

It is well known that MuxaHuk is a turncoat and defector :-)

superman
10-03-2011, 05:47 PM
3D is a fad that various sources have tried to push on the public for decades

3d is what you get if you have two eyes instead of one.

Real life is in 3d

KeBrAnTo
10-03-2011, 06:03 PM
+1

I wonder why dev team spend any time at all on this fancy thing while other more important things are still pending to be fixed.

- General performance, SLI / Crossfire, AI, Dynamioc Campaign, Multiplayer connection problems, DeviceLink support or similar and a long etcetera IMHO should be far in front of this unnecessary fancy things.

Why are they doing this?

superman
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Occasionally, an hour or two spent not working on a problem can be just at creative as an hour spent trying to solve a problem.

Buchon
10-03-2011, 06:09 PM
I just wasted more time than that developer in implement 3D trying to read some feedback about that screenshots from someone with nVidia 3D.

You guys are helpless, Epic Face Palm for you :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-_sABor77E

ATAG_Snapper
10-03-2011, 06:33 PM
3D is a fad that various sources have tried to push on the public for decades

3d is what you get if you have two eyes instead of one.

Real life is in 3d

Next you'll be telling us we hear in stereo...........:grin:

nearmiss
10-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Do you know who MuxaHuk is?

Seeker
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
1+

+1

What a waste of time.

This is beginning to resemble MS Vista more and more.

Missing and broken features, but look at the shiney things!

Continu0
10-03-2011, 07:57 PM
For all those complaining about wrong priorities:

As far as I remember, you can read a reasonable explenation from Luthier about this in the "Suhkoi Forum Tidbits" thread.

Luthier explains that everyone that works on the game ist working on one part. eg. One guy is working with the graphics, another one takes care of the AI, a third one is improving the physics or whatever...

So why should the guy working on the graphics now start to work on the AI? That doesn´t make any sense, because no one would be satisfied with an AI programmed by the Graphic-Guy.

So while the other ones improve AI, Performance, New Planes, Weather, (...whatever) why shouldn´t the graphic-guy make the game 3d?

In my opinion we can´t really complain about the graphics in the game. Sure there are some things like flickering shadows, but overall the graphics are more than okay.(Performance is - at least on my system - another issue! still there is only 1 core used, 3 out of 8 GB ram are used...(64bit problem?))

For me this makes sense, other opinions are welcome...;-)

again... my point of view...

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Those guys with 3D screens and glasses would you like to comment on this feature when it comes out? Please a blunt one as some might spend some money on hardware if this feature gets positive feedback.

Also nice would be to know what hardware and software would be needed to appreciate it and what about people who have to wear glases for eye sight.

MadBlaster
10-03-2011, 08:04 PM
3D? I guess this is what Luthier was talking about making the competitors nervous. wow

Winger
10-03-2011, 08:16 PM
This is another kick right into the face for the people wiating for the game actually become good. Stereo is pure JUNK. I tried it myself. No chance in multiplayer anymore due to the loss of brightness in the picture. Being competitive? - NO WAY! And BTW. The performance in Clod is so bad that having to render 2 frames instead of one will make even the biggest graphicscard fail. MAybe when they finally REALLY fix SLI instead of just saying so this would also help Stereo users.

Sorry 1C but please fix the IMPORTANT things before you waste time on useless JUNK!

Winger

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Winger, your tone is not for the first time far off the most basic courtesy imho.

Be aware that the game runs good for a lot of people. If it doesn't for you I in your place would first ask myself if something is wrong on my side instead of turning on the blame machine.

Then I would consider that some people would indeed like to have 3D instead of other features and just because you say something it does not necessarily make it the ultimate truth valid for every human on Earth nor every individual on this forum.

Winger
10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Winger, your tone is not for the first time far off the most basic courtesy imho.

Be aware that the game runs good for a lot of people. If it doesn't for you I in your place would first ask myself if something is wrong on my side instead of turning on the blame machine.

Then I would consider that some people would indeed like to have 3D instead of other features and just because you say something it does not necessarily make it the ultimate truth valid for every human on Earth nor every individual on this forum.

Cmon. Making Stereo work is like filling fuel into a car that has no engine.
Btw. The game actually does run good on my machine. But the non existence of BASIC features like FSAA or SLI makes me say so. I mean OK, go ahead and inmplement Stereo. But AFTER the IMPORTANT mess is fixed!

Winger

PS: Sorry i used to be a big fan of this game and hopefully will be again soon. But whats going on here is just riddiculous.

Stefem
10-03-2011, 10:32 PM
First, some don't have a barely idea on how software development work, put a graphics programmer to work on AI is as stupid as going to an hospital to get your toaster repaired.

Second, add stereo 3D support required just a couple of hours, right now the only problem of CoD's graphics engine in stereo 3D is that shadows are rendered at the wrong depth.

Stefem
10-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Are you joking? these are the same screenshot luthier posted in the 16 September dev update, the only difference is that they aren't scaled down so the correct interlacement is kept

Chivas
10-03-2011, 11:11 PM
You guys do realize the very little time the developers has used to look at implementing 3D didn't adversely effect the work being done by other employees working on COD's considerable bug and feature list. Grow up. The developers must feel like they are dealing with a bunch of twelve year olds.

Stefem
10-04-2011, 12:22 AM
3D? I guess this is what Luthier was talking about making the competitors nervous. wow

It wasn't

warbirds
10-04-2011, 12:27 AM
You got them other flight sim developers shaking in their boots now with this ground breaking tech,,,er,, wait, I did see this in 1964 at the drive in.

Give me a break, 3d is a gimmik being used by the industry to inspire new sales.

ElAurens
10-04-2011, 12:36 AM
You got them other flight sim developers shaking in their boots now with this ground breaking tech,,,er,, wait, I did see this in 1964 at the drive in.

Give me a break, 3d is a gimmik being used by the industry to inspire new sales.

This, times 1000000000000000000000000.

MadBlaster
10-04-2011, 01:05 AM
It wasn't

Good! Because the only thing that 3D brings to the table is giving legitimacy to the epilepsy filter, imho.

JimmyBlonde
10-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Wilbur, Orville, you'll get yourselves killed and, even if it does fly, you two will be the only ones who know how it works...

superman
10-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Stefem

Are you joking?

Take another look at the shots, especially upper left corner. That will tell you all you need to know.

Chivas
10-04-2011, 06:12 AM
Luthier said that 3D wasn't the feature other flight sim developers will be worried about. Personally I think it could be more to do with Pilot and Ground Crew animation.

superman
10-04-2011, 06:17 AM
If you want it to look like real life you have to do it in some sort of stereo 3d eventually.

Do you want it to look real?

How come there´s so little complaining about developers spending time on 5.1 audio, when most peopole only have desktop speakers?

I Love the spitfire in cockpit shot, (i conveted it to anaglyph to be able to see it.) even though it looks a bit flat on my screen with crappy red/cyan glasses, i know that on a projector, combined with TIR it will be - the future :-)

Stefem
10-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Stefem

Are you joking?

Take another look at the shots, especially upper left corner. That will tell you all you need to know.

Hem... take a look at the screenshot luthir posted in the latest dev update, they are all made by MuxaHuk...