PDA

View Full Version : patch 1.03 install

adam34aus
10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
I purchased and downloaded COD via steam so I have no cd version of game.

I am having real problems installing patch 1.03.
My main issue is from reading post to extract files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
Problem is I have no such folder on my computer. However I do have folder for cod under user/mydoc/1csoftclub, but there is no steam folder anywhere on my computer, not even under program files.
So do I extract files for patch into user/mydoc/1csoftclub and if so where does the parts folder that contains 2 sub folders bob and core go as this will be a new folder created in this directory as there is no folder in user/mydoc/1csoftclub called parts.
The folders that I have in user/mydoc/1csoftclub ar : cache
client AddIns
cppcrash
mission
missions
paintschemes
records
screenshots

So can someone please tell me does the parts folder from patch 1.03 just get put in as a new folder as there is nothing to overwrite.
I aslo dont understand why there is no steam folder located anywhere as Iam able to launch steam and play cod. God I hate ******* STEAM

Bobb4
10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Do a search for il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
Where you find that you will find steam

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Like cheese said maybe you loaded into another drive, your second harddrive maybe? :confused:

Warhound
10-03-2011, 04:29 PM
If you're running 32bit XP (possibly 32bit win 7 too) the folder will be called "program files", so no X86.

Easy way to find out where steam was installed is to rightclick your CLOD shortcut and choose properties. Path where it was installed will be shown and you can go from there.
Should be something like
"C:\...\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe"

Unzip the patch straight into the CLOD directory, afterwards you can easily check if the betapatch was installed successfully by launching the game and checking the lower right corner in the main menu.
There will be some red text with the versionnumber, namely v1.03.15527 for this beta.