PDA

View Full Version : Rivers and Shorelines/Cliffs Jagged

Verhängnis
10-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Can the developers please make an effort to improve those, for lower end computers we cannot run the terrain on high and do combat aswell with many aircraft. Even though I have been able to run it on High while flying alone, this still doesn't ammend the problem. It does to an extent 'help' but it still doesn't render it far enough away and I have to get real close for it to fix up properly. It also places Trees in rivers because of this. Not what I expect from such a great sim-real big dissapointment that I have to look at Jagged edges all over England when everything else is crispy smooth. :mad:

41Sqn_Stormcrow
10-01-2011, 09:29 PM
What do you expect? If you have a low end machine you should expect to not being able to run a recently published game with highest settings. This is true for any game, not only for CoD.

pupo162
10-01-2011, 10:32 PM
What do you expect? If you have a low end machine you should expect to not being able to run a recently published game with highest settings. This is true for any game, not only for CoD.

i was expecting with a medium range machine ( wich is not that midium for the common mortal, sicne it cna run latest BF3, RO2 among others on full settings), to be able to run the game at all, sine taht even with lowest settings its stutter fest near any meting of 10+engines.

Verhängnis
10-02-2011, 04:37 AM
Yes I can run the game on Medium settings, I'm not low end but mid range, still need new processor though. I just wouldn't think that such computing power would be required to draw some rather 'basic' shapes and curves. On some cliffs I can see through them it is that bad...

NedLynch
10-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Well, Verhaengnis, maybe you could post your specs and get some tips on what to upgrade next.
Though having a good gpu does help, it seems it's not the allfixing upgrade it might be for other games. I know you said you need a new pcu, but still maybe the comunity does have some useful tips once your specs are known.

Verhängnis
10-03-2011, 06:33 AM
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
-RAM: 3.5 Gb
-Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti @ 1Gb GDDR5 Video Memory
-Windows XP

How much would I benefit to upgrading to the new 64 bit systems like Windows 7, and being able to run Direct X 11>?
How much would this improve my performance?

pupo162
10-03-2011, 12:00 PM
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz
-RAM: 3.5 Gb
-Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti @ 1Gb GDDR5 Video Memory
-Windows XP

How much would I benefit to upgrading to the new 64 bit systems like Windows 7, and being able to run Direct X 11>?
How much would this improve my performance?

if not mistaken, i have a 8600, less 0.5 gb ram than you, and a 5770. iuse windows 7 64 bit.

i can run this game in 25 fps while playing solo medium graphics, and 60 with low graphics. tough if i see enemy and fighting and all that. stutters make the game unplayable.

dx11 wont be of any use, since its not featured in the game yet.

Whiski
10-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Upgrading to a 64 bit is the first step. I ran CLoD in XP (never changed my system hardware) and the game ran with frequent CTD and stutters.

Once I upgraded to Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit, no problems. Smooth gaming except for the occasional stutter online ( I do believe that may be server related) and most setting on high, no AA or SSAO in game but forced on in my nvidia CC.

Once you upgrade, you should see a considerable difference, due to Win 7 64 bit. Having DirX 11 helps as well as XP doesn't support DirX10 or 11 in my understanding.

Your system should run CLoD nicely.

My specs:

Gigabyte 770T
AMD Phenom II x4 955
Nvidia Geforce GTX 250 1 gig DDR3 x 2 (SLI)
12 Gb DDR3 Kingston Ram
SB X-Fi Titanium PCI Express

With my rig, which is mid range as well, I am getting a nice 30-45 FPS depending on were I am. Over London, my FPS drops to about 24-28 but still pretty smooth.

I am getting a new Vcard, was thinking about the Geforce 580 as I have heard it is really good.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Whiskey

PS:
EDIT: I should state my settings are all on medium except for Text quality, Model Detail, Visual Effects, Land Shading and damage model which are on high.

Verhängnis
10-04-2011, 10:19 AM
XP is only Direct X 9 which is definantly no good for any of the latest games.
Like you said, I also get CTD often with XP. My settings are the same as yours except I have Land shading on low. (Is it worth being on high?)
I seem to get relatively the same FPS on average as you too.

So does CoD support Direct X11 or not?
Because my Video card aswell as Windows 7 support it...
Thanks for your reply. :)

pupo162
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM
So does CoD support Direct X11 or not?
Because my Video card aswell as Windows 7 support it...
Thanks for your reply. :)

no. dx9 causes problems, dx10_0 and dx10_1 work. dx11 causes problems.

by problems i mean crashes, lack of effects (eg. no gunfire effect) and other stuff

Madfish
10-06-2011, 12:35 AM
i was expecting with a medium range machine ( wich is not that midium for the common mortal, sicne it cna run latest BF3, RO2 among others on full settings), to be able to run the game at all, sine taht even with lowest settings its stutter fest near any meting of 10+engines.

I have a system with a 5770, 8gb ram and similar cpu as yours and it can't run BF3, not even BF:BC2, on full settings. In fact I consider it low end.

At the time the 5770 was released it was a mid range card already. And that was some 1 ½ years ago or something.

I don't think that CloD can be pushed MUCH further with just patching. Maybe a few frames here and there but nothing serious that will give you an 50% increase in fps.

Verhängnis
10-06-2011, 06:49 AM
I don't think that CloD can be pushed MUCH further with just patching. Maybe a few frames here and there but nothing serious that will give you an 50% increase in fps.

It can be; this sim was rushed and as a result inefficiently coded.
For any program or game that has this many bugs and problems, please don't try and tell me it can't be improved much...

pupo162
10-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I have a system with a 5770, 8gb ram and similar cpu as yours and it can't run BF3, not even BF:BC2, on full settings. In fact I consider it low end.

At the time the 5770 was released it was a mid range card already. And that was some 1 ½ years ago or something.

you must be doing something wrong.. since ive got 40+ fps with BF3 on ultra.