PDA

View Full Version : Will patched COD run with Nvidia 240 GT?

NEWGUY
09-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I am a long time ROF'er and I was thinking of looking into buying COD, down the road and simming ROF and COD. I have no intention of updating my computer hardware, for at least another year or two. I was wondering if my current rig would handle COD. I understand that the store lists the specs needed for the un-patched, initial release version, but it is my understanding that COD is a work in progress and is much better optimized now, than at release. My PC specs are:

Processor: Core 2 Duo E8300 @ 2.83 Ghz, 2839 Mhz
Windows Vista 32 service pack 2
RAM: 4 GB
Physical memory: 2 GB
Video card Nvidia 240 GT

Thank you for your input! S! MJ

NEWGUY
09-26-2011, 11:10 PM
I doubt it, CoD isn't happy with less than 4gb (some would say 6 minimum) RAM (in which case you need a OS upgrade) and that card is unsupported I believe. On the plus side, by the time you're ready to drop for a new computer, the game should have most of the bugs worked out.

Cheesehawk,
Ok, Sounds good to me. :-P In a year or two, when I do upgrade, I will come back and give COD a look over. It looks like a great sim, it is just a little ahead of my time. ;) S! MJ

adonys
09-27-2011, 08:27 AM
I've succeeded to make it work on a G240 (with latest nvidia beta drivers and switching from D3D10_0 to D3D10_1 in conf.ini) on a laptop, but of course the performance is very poor. you need to play it windowed and drop down the settings.