PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I add bombs to the Blenheim?

He111
09-22-2011, 03:41 AM
I don't see bombs in the Quick scenarios and cannot add them in the FMB.

PolishEagle1939
09-22-2011, 04:25 AM
The Quick Mission British Attack Bridges does have bombs for the Blenheim and they work. I share your problem of not being able to add bombs anyplace else though.

Kozi
09-22-2011, 05:42 AM
Blenheims do appear to be empty for me too in the Quick scenarios.

I'm using the Beta game version and all load-outs are available for the Blenheim in the FMB.
For some reason the load-out screen always shows 4x250 pounders even when I am really carrying 2x500 lbers.

He111
09-22-2011, 02:24 PM
got it working, stupid me found the "weapon Set" option .. :grin:

Once the Blemheims blasted the german airfield, leaving craters on the runway, The first landing German aircraft moved between them to the runway end but following fighters stopped near the craters, waited, vanished then we were at the runway end! :confused: :grin:

would have been nice if they landed on a nearby airfield.

O_Smiladon
09-22-2011, 10:09 PM
I would just like to get the thing of the grounf d witrhout blowin something on it...:grin:

hc_wolf
09-23-2011, 03:20 AM
I would just like to get the thing of the grounf d witrhout blowin something on it...:grin:

So go to realism settings and turn off complex management and heating effects.

But if you fly with full realism the single key to not overheating or damaging your engine on takeoff or in flight is to .....

OPEN YOUR RADIATOR!!!!!

As soon as your engine water temp gets over 109 degrees you are going to have issues.

So start your engine, let it warm up to over 55 degrees. then open radiator to full and you can full throttle all you want.

O_Smiladon
09-23-2011, 04:22 AM

But if you fly with full realism the single key to not overheating or damaging your engine on takeoff or in flight is to .....

OPEN YOUR RADIATOR!!!!!

As soon as your engine water temp gets over 109 degrees you are going to have issues.

So start your engine, let it warm up to over 55 degrees. then open radiator to full and you can full throttle all you want.

Na dont do the easy stuff...

I like to bang it out till I get it right;)

Thanks for the info

O_Smiladon

theOden
09-23-2011, 06:23 AM
..OPEN YOUR RADIATOR!!!!!

You've never flown the Blenheim, have you?

Blackdog_kt
09-23-2011, 11:52 AM

OPEN YOUR RADIATOR!!!!!

There's no water on the Blenheim (engines are air-cooled) and 109 degrees is far too low a temperature for its engines to throttle up without sputtering, you need at least 160-180 degrees to get smooth throttle transitions throughout the entire throttle range :-P

SDT Raider
10-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Salute All,

There is a way to add bombs to the Blenheim or any Bomber, but first you must create/configure some custom bomb loadouts.

Under Main Menu go Options/Plane:
Change your plane to the Blenheim, by double clicking the Plane type and selecting from the menu.
Go Loadout and change your bomb types & loads.
Remember to "save as" under Weapons Presets to create your own custom bomb sets: such as "4 x 250lbs General Purpose" or "2 x 500lbs General Purpose" and so on.

Once done you can go to the Single Player/Quick Mission, select any mission you want,
select the Blenheim by selecting the pilot figure above,
or change your plane to the Blenheim by double clicking the plane & selecting from the menu.

Select the pull down at the foot of the plane image and select your custom bomb loadout and you're good to go.

This should work in all Quick Missions.

Good Hunting