PDA

View Full Version : My plane is pulling away

eduardo12fox
09-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Hello, I have a Saitek Cyborg joystick X FSX on my joystick works perfectly, also bought the black shark and it works perfect, but when I play the Cliff of Dover pro pulls my plane left, how can I solve this problem?

:confused:

ATAG_Keller
09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Sounds normal, the rotation of the engine will cause the plane to roll left. Some planes you can trim to compensate, others you can't. The 109 will always roll left, especially at low speeds and high rpm.

eduardo12fox
09-19-2011, 07:57 PM
So this is normal being pulled to the left in the game? How do I make up with the trim?

CWMV
09-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Add right aileron trim.
Unless your in the hundertneun, then you just kick a little opposite rudder and mind the stick!

ATAG_Snapper
09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
So this is normal being pulled to the left in the game? How do I make up with the trim?

Eduardo, it would be helpful to mention which aircraft you're flying. What you don't realize but others here have alluded to, each type of aircraft in this game is set up quite differently to each other, as the real aircraft are. For instance, the Spitfires and Hurricanes pull to the left in this game exactly as the real aircraft do. These two aircraft models do not have adjustable aileron trim in the cockpit, but you can dial in right rudder trim to keep the nose straight and help take the pressure off the right rudder control that you're exerting with your leg. Any change to rudder trim that you make will likely introduce a bit of yaw which will in turn slightly change your aircraft's lift -- meaning you will have to make an adjustment to your elevator trim to maintain level flight (or to maintain the rate of climb or descent that you desire). Similarly, changes in your throttle, pitch, and even mixture controls will change the aerodynamics of your aircraft, resulting in further adjustments required to your trim. Even as your gas gets consumed during your flight will cause even MORE adjustments to trim as your plane gets lighter. Whew! Who knew? LOL

This is 100% normal. Pilots were almost constantly adjusting their trim controls to the point of not even thinking about it -- it just became reflexive. You don't read about it much, but it was a necessary fact of life for fighter and bomber pilots. If you can, assign a joystick or throttle hat to handle the trim controls as most of us do. They will arguably become the busiest controls you have.

The 109 didn't have in cockpit adjustable rudder trim. I'll leave it to the more experienced and qualified 109 CoD pilots to carry this discussion further with you.

NedLynch
09-20-2011, 12:19 AM
What Snapper said.

In addition check in the settings/axes if your joystick inputs stay neutral when you don't touch the stick. There you can also adjust deadzones and how the movement of the stick is being translated into movements of the control surfaces in flight, i.e. 1:1, more agressive, less aggressive, play around with those settings and see what you like best.

eduardo12fox
09-20-2011, 10:38 AM
Personal thank you very much for all the lesson I'm at work, but once back home will make the adjustments. Thank you for your attention thanks to Brazil.

:)

ATAG_Snapper
09-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

Let us know how you get on.

FFCW_Urizen
09-20-2011, 12:48 PM
in the 109 i´ve noticed that, the faster you get (and therefore the lower the rpm get), the tendency to roll left negates to the point where you are flying stable. Had this several times at an altitude of ~2500m, speed ~430 - ~450 kph.