PDA

View Full Version : Scripting Library

klem
09-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Excuse me if this has been posted before but I couldn't see it.

There are many scripting examples scattered across this and other forums (e.g. Ataros has some link to German forums) but for scripting novices like me it is not always easy to find or even understand these especially in translated posts.

It would be nice to have a Scripting Library sub-forum here with a stickied 'Scripting Library' where modules could be posted with a brief description of what they do so that laymen like me could cut and paste into their missions perhaps with minor editing (string texts etc). It would also have a stickied 'Scripting Requests' thread where we could ask how to do something and get a reply with a link to a module posted in the Library thread. There would also be normal unstickied threads for discussion to keep the stickies clean.

I know this calls for a lot of co-operation especially from the knowledgable scripting guys and possibly from the moderators to keep the stickies clean but frankly its the only way many of us are ever going to be able to create meaningful missions.

Thoughts?

Gamekeeper
09-18-2011, 08:08 AM
I have the barebones of a scripting library that forms part of our knowledge base and downloads system at airwarfare (http://airwarfare.com)

Using these facilities would be far more efficient than having files and info scattered across various threads and forums. The basic structure is in place and can be easily adapted to suit demand from contributors and users.
It is difficult to achieve this single handed as I am also involved in M4T so any help from experienced members here would be appreciated and indeed encourage me to spend more time building the resource.

Eventually we will have a well structured script library, where people can add their own articles/scripts and where information can be quickly retrieved, when it is available depends on the amount of assistance I can get from the community.