PDA

View Full Version : Girl on my lap - WTH????

Herodotus
09-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I just played a quick mission (the first time back to the game in months) and chose a Spitfire vs. He.111 intercept.
Low and behold on loading the scenario, there's a woman with black hair sitting on my lap (my pilot's, lucky lad) and can be viewed from both inside and outside the plane. She is clothed in a period frock....but wth? Have I missed something over the past few months:confused:
Or is it because the Spit is named "Heartbreaker"?
Sorry no screenies. The function doesn't appear to be working in-game and X-Fire doesn't support the game yet.

pupo162
09-17-2011, 10:28 PM
I just played a quick mission (the first time back to the game in months) and chose a Spitfire vs. He.111 intercept.
Low and behold on loading the scenario, there's a woman with black hair sitting on my lap (my pilot's, lucky lad) and can be viewed from both inside and outside the plane. She is clothed in a period frock....but wth? Have I missed something over the past few months:confused:
Sorry no screenies. The function doesn't appear to be working in-game and X-Fire doesn't support the game yet.

:grin:

yep. yo ucna take your soul mate for a ride on the spitfire and actually shoot some planes in the process. As romantic as it gets!

Troll2k
09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
The Heartbreaker Spit has the woman.It has been in the game since it was released.

They need to get rid of her sideburns.

Buchon
09-17-2011, 10:31 PM
About the screenshots, Windows is overlaying the <Print Screen> key, that´s why that the game don´t take screenshots.

Just go to in game options and remap the screenshot key to another key, to f12 for example, and the game will take screenshots again and locate them in your \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\screenshots folder.

ATAG_Snapper
09-17-2011, 11:45 PM

Count yourself lucky. Mine turned out to be a dog....... LOL

http://vimeo.com/26436708

Feathered_IV
09-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Maddox Games can certainly produce a simulation, but they know next to nothing about gameplay. Spitgirl is a perfect example.

Herodotus
09-18-2011, 02:27 AM
About the screenshots, Windows is overlaying the <Print Screen> key, that´s why that the game don´t take screenshots.

Just go to in game options and remap the screenshot key to another key, to f12 for example, and the game will take screenshots again and locate them in your \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\screenshots folder.

Thankyou for that. As for the "Spitfire Girl" - what a load of old tosh. Why not just have her as noseart?
Better off putting little 'Easter Eggs" around the countryside to spot and take pics of as other Sims do.

speculum jockey
09-18-2011, 02:45 AM
Maddox Games can certainly produce a simulation, but they know next to nothing about gameplay. Spitgirl is a perfect example.

Exactly. It's always been up to the community to make the "game" content.

Feathered_IV
09-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Quite. The community must "make do". However the tools to do so are extremely sterile.

Tavingon
09-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Quite. The community must "make do". However the tools to do so are extremely sterile.

I pressed open hatch, and the pilot's flies became undone? Easter egg!

major_setback
09-19-2011, 10:59 PM
A girl on your lap!!?? :-O

I'm shocked.

They are usually in the back.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/backseat01.jpg

:-)

Romanator21
09-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Dick Bong, and his wife, Marge...Do I get a prize? :)

I wouldn't bash Spitgirl too hard though, guys. While not historically plausible, or adding much game-play value, it is kind of neat, in a weird sort of way.

The tools in Il-2 may have been sterile, but I think that in time, the SDK will change all of that. I personally see nothing wrong with the community picking up some of the slack. Not many games even give the players that option. Forgive me for using the same old car analogy that everyone seemed to use when the game first came out, but...

They build the chassis and engine. We customize the upholstery and body work. :cool: