PDA

View Full Version : JU-88 Horizontal Stabiliser

335th_GRAthos
09-17-2011, 09:46 PM
I am sorry if this question has been raised already but the search function in the forum does not prove very helpful.

Just realised flying the JU-88 that I could not enable the horizontal level stabilizer.
Is it only me or has someone else experience the same?

Also, has anybody tried the semi-ArmorPiercing AP500 bombs? I do not seem to make them explode.
(I have no problem to use the SC500, they explode, no probs)

~S~

JG53Frankyboy
09-18-2011, 01:08 AM
since release the gyro compass of the Ju88 is not working. without the gyro, the level/height automat does not work properly.

WIP...............

esmiol
09-18-2011, 01:25 AM
i made test with friends and the JU88 stabilise at level...but i don't know why....only at 500meters. if you are higher the JU 88 dive to 500meters and level.

some things to fix yes!

but when it will be functionnable it will be a pleasure to make level bombing mission with a friend :)

335th_GRAthos
09-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks for your answers guys, did any of you see a message appearing on the screen about stabilizer been enacted? I am curious about the fact that I see no message on my display after having pressed the right key.

Esmiol, at least with you it is working (even if it is 500m alt, which is probably not enough for the bombs to arm :( ), is it maybe linked to the bombsight altitude settings????

~S~

Blackdog_kt
09-19-2011, 03:04 AM
The level stabilizer in the sense we used it in IL2 is no there anymore, it's just a placeholder command in the controls. It might or might not be updated to something more realistic, nobody knows, i'd sure like it thought to be changed to simulate the bombardier giving commands to the pilot: engage level stab to have the pilot under bombardier guidance, then set two more keys to tell him to turn left/right in 1 degree increments and it would simulate us talking the pilot through the run in case of a "manual" run.

With that out of the way, for "normal procedure" runs the way it works now is much closer to how they did it back then:

German bombers fly via a heading hold autopilot (actually, the leader flies on autopilot and the others stay in formation and drop when he does), just like the USAF did later in the war.

For Blenheims and RAF in general (as well as the Italian BR.20s), you just trim for level flight manually. Accuracy is not the same, but the less sophisticated bombsights don't need time to align like the German ones so it's more like a trade-off.

For example, you can't make sudden corrective turns with a LW bomber without upsetting the gyros in the sight and having the reticule switch off, but in a Blenheim you can actually hand-fly it through the bomb run from the bombardier's position because the sight is a simpler, mechanical device.

335th_GRAthos
10-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I admit, I am too afraid to test the new beta :(
but at least, I read the "readme"

So, is the it fixed now?????

Please guys, do not keep me in agony!

~S~

JG4_Bendwick
10-08-2011, 09:53 AM
hi Widukind here

no is not fixed ..i wait for that long time too:evil: