PDA

View Full Version : Trak IR zoom in 109

Gollum
09-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Any reason you cant zoom in as close to the sight on the 109 as you can in the spitfire without hitting the loosen straps key? If you "loosen straps" it brings you in close but I never use this feature since I usually just move my head closer.

How come you can get in close with the spitfire but not the 109?

Can this be fixed? Its not like theres something in the cockpit blocking your head if its possible when straps are loosened.

Gollum

Gollum
09-18-2011, 04:08 PM
no love?

NedLynch
09-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Going to have to try this out to see the exact difference. But even without using the loosen straps function you can always change your field of view as well and then move your head.
I know that's not what you want to do, me neither, the goal would be to just move your head, like a real life pilot would have done, towards the gunsight and be close enough to it just by doing that.

tintifaxl
09-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Any reason you cant zoom in as close to the sight on the 109 as you can in the spitfire without hitting the loosen straps key? If you "loosen straps" it brings you in close but I never use this feature since I usually just move my head closer.

How come you can get in close with the spitfire but not the 109?

Can this be fixed? Its not like theres something in the cockpit blocking your head if its possible when straps are loosened.

Gollum

Where can I find the definition of that "loosen straps" command and what is the default key? It must have slipped by me, somehow.

tintifaxl
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Ok, I guess I found the answer. It's just the good old gunsight view CTL+F1. Why do we have a new name for that? Is it modelled differently from IL2-1946?

5./JG27.Farber
09-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Well its either because:

When you pull G's you fly around in your seat with loose straps...

OR

My TrackIR is being wierd in that view...

Sometimes I end up on top of the gunsight or underneath it. Im not sure if its a feature or an error..

NedLynch
09-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Maybe turn off head shake?

Nonetheless, I have to readjust for shifting in the track ir as well by pressing f12. I don't think it's a bug, just me moving my head a little out of center, I find the track ir for this game quite responsive and nice, so the slightest shift of your head, i.e. sitting a little different in your seat in front of the monitor, will have you recenter your track ir.

At times these might be unconcious changes in position while trying to keep a visual on a target or just turning while aiming.

And then of course it depends a little how you have your track ir set up profilewise.

5./JG27.Farber
09-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Maybe turn off head shake?

Nonetheless, I have to readjust for shifting in the track ir as well by pressing f12. I don't think it's a bug, just me moving my head a little out of center, I find the track ir for this game quite responsive and nice, so the slightest shift of your head, i.e. sitting a little different in your seat in front of the monitor, will have you recenter your track ir.

At times these might be unconcious changes in position while trying to keep a visual on a target or just turning while aiming.

And then of course it depends a little how you have your track ir set up profilewise.

Yea I am aware of the unconcious movements but its when I have loosened shoulder straps and Im say upside down, the view will go over the sight. Likewise when im pullling up hard, sometimes the view goes under the sight. Its not all the time but.... Sometimes.

NedLynch
09-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Going to try that out.

5./JG27.Farber
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Do do, I'd like to see if its my set up, TrackIR or a feature... It happens mostly as you pull hard and loosen straps at the same time.

NedLynch
09-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Couldn't replicate the drift, maybe it's my timing. Going to keep an eye on it though.

5./JG27.Farber
09-21-2011, 02:50 AM
Tried finding what makes it happen and I can't get it to do it...

Maybe they fixed it in a patch or maybe Im more used to the new physics of the game?!