PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

bhunter2112
09-16-2011, 09:06 PM
What is the most current version of the game- I am running 1.02.14821 - am I current?

Do I need to play on Steam? Can I load and play while not on Steam? Wondering how to improve performance.

I hate the water and I get stutters !!

I have played IL2 for 10 years and cannot get the AV8R stick to be smooth. my plane flies all over the place -hard to aim. Anyone have a place to show me what all my settings should be? I want to fly smoothly ! I constantly have to twist and move the stick and still no joy - NO FUN

louisv
09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
What is the most current version of the game- I am running 1.02.14821 - am I current?

Do I need to play on Steam? Can I load and play while not on Steam? Wondering how to improve performance.

I hate the water and I get stutters !!

I have played IL2 for 10 years and cannot get the AV8R stick to be smooth. my plane flies all over the place -hard to aim. Anyone have a place to show me what all my settings should be? I want to fly smoothly ! I constantly have to twist and move the stick and still no joy - NO FUN

Your version is current, the patch is a beta. It will update automatically if you are on Steam, but you don't seem to know what is Steam and that is very strange since the game cannot be played without it. As for the patch (ends in 527), you have to download it yourself from this forum and follow the instructions.

You would do well to read the forum a bit...

ATAG_Dutch
09-16-2011, 09:15 PM
I think you have the most current official version of the game unless you install the latest beta patch. (can't remember the last code without beta patch!).

You can elect to play the game offline, but it's still via steam in offline mode.

If you post your system specs, people may be able to advise re graphics etc.

Try adjusting sensitivity of control axes in controls menu, or adjusting dead zones if you're more comfortable with these.

Good luck!;)

bhunter2112
09-17-2011, 02:12 AM
mahalo for the info - I will work on my AV8R stick settings - I remember it all being pre set on IL2.