PDA

View Full Version : sli conclusions (for devs)

Cataplasma
09-16-2011, 02:03 PM
So, here we have two polls:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26076

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26197

trends and conclusions are clear from the first time:

70% are Nvidia owners;
70% wants and needs a SLI profile/support;

So how long do this 70% have to wait for a sli profile?
Can we have some news from devs please?

Dano
09-16-2011, 02:11 PM
It's obvious from the graphics setup poll that only 15% need an Nvidia SLI profile, others may want it, but to say that 70% need it just highlights that the profile poll is badly constructed.

Katana1000S
09-16-2011, 02:40 PM
It's obvious from the graphics setup poll that only 15% need an Nvidia SLI profile, others may want it, but to say that 70% need it just highlights that the profile poll is badly constructed.

We really shouldn't have to have these polls in the first place IMHO.

Adding SLI support to CoD takes nothing away from anyone else but gives a lot to Nvidea customers who actually bought the hardware from them ... sure CoD is a minority title, but its not as if we are inundated with PC titles the way we used to be, surley Nvidea can spare a little time to us Flight Sim enthusiasts, after all theirs is traditionally the flight sim users card of choice (I like ATI too) We'll see.

I'd like to think Nvidea could help us out here as enthusiastic hardware purchasers of theirs.

Cataplasma
09-16-2011, 04:27 PM

I would like to highlight your acumen Dano, thanks for your valuable contribution ;)

Dano
09-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I would like to highlight your acumen Dano, thanks for your valuable contribution ;)

At least it's accurate :rolleyes:

ATAG_Snapper
09-16-2011, 06:43 PM
We really shouldn't have to have these polls in the first place IMHO.

Adding SLI support to CoD takes nothing away from anyone else but gives a lot to Nvidea customers who actually bought the hardware from them ... sure CoD is a minority title, but its not as if we are inundated with PC titles the way we used to be, surley Nvidea can spare a little time to us Flight Sim enthusiasts, after all theirs is traditionally the flight sim users card of choice (I like ATI too) We'll see.

I'd like to think Nvidea could help us out here as enthusiastic hardware purchasers of theirs.

+1

My take from RickRuski elsewhere on this forum is that Nvidia is holding off on a SLI profile until CoD's code is finalized. Maybe when this patch is released to Steam! Or......maybe not.......

r0bc
09-16-2011, 07:40 PM

Do it really matter?
They can piss around wasting time with 3D for less then 1% of users but we can't have SLI?

Katana1000S
09-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Do it really matter?
They can piss around wasting time with 3D for less then 1% of users but we can't have SLI?

Very good point

Dano
09-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Do it really matter?

Of course it matters, how on earth can anybody expect to be taken at all seriously when they start out using ridulously false data?

It's an important issue for a decent percentage of users and people like the OP do nothing to help the situation whatsoever, if you're going to raise issues with the game that need fixing at least have the decency to provide accurate data.

r0bc
09-18-2011, 07:32 PM
My point was alot more people have dual card setups then 120hz monitors but yet they work on 3D.

Dano
09-18-2011, 07:38 PM
My point was alot more people have dual card setups then 120hz monitors but yet they work on 3D.

Yeh, I wasn't disagreeing with you at all on that point, sorry for the confusion.