PDA

View Full Version : erm... screenshots?

zorlac
09-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Since I've never taken a COD screen shot I thought I'd give it a go but erm... can't find 'em.

I've tried both <Print Screen> (game key binding) and <F12> (Steam screen shot binding) but I can't locate any in game screenshots. I've hunted around in "C:\Users\User\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\..." and also in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\...". Failing that I searched local disks for various image type extensions but no positive results.

What a noob! Can someone lend a hand please :)

I'm running the beta patch FWIW.

Cheers!

Troll2k
09-16-2011, 06:49 AM
Print screen just puts the screenshot onto the clipboard.It then must be viewed with a graphic program like the included paint.The clip board only stores one screenshot at a time.Each successive print screen over writes the previous content on the clipboard.

I am not sure about the Steam F12.There is a screenshot folder in your main Clod folder in the 1C Softclub folder.

zorlac
09-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Great thanks!

Ze-Jamz
09-16-2011, 07:12 AM
Not sure it's working since the last Beta though m8.

It's not for me anyway

Troll2k
09-16-2011, 09:51 AM
You can also use a 3rd party program called Fraps.It is good for taking screen shots and videos.(although the videos get quite large in size)

http://fraps.com/

Ali Fish
09-16-2011, 11:39 AM
lol everyone forgets steam screenshots with 1 gig of upload capacity (for posting on your favourite website)

Troll2k
09-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Does Steam put the screenshots in a local folder and you have to upload it or does it upload automatically?If it is a local folder,where?

Ali Fish
09-16-2011, 09:48 PM
yes they are saved in a local folder, not sure where. use it and itll all become apparent. steam/ settings/ ingame/ menu. set a key to take screenshots.

in steam/settings/Download+Cloud/ menu, make sure you tick the open the screenshot manager after game shutdown.

take shots and after game shutdown await the steam menu and do as you please.

Buchon
09-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Windows is overlaying the <Print Screen> key, that´s why that the game don´t take screenshots.

Just go to in game options and remap the screenshot to another key, to f12 for example, and the game will take screenshots again and and locate them in your \Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\screenshots folder.