PDA

View Full Version : Lancaster pilots & Night Fighter have a beer together

Richie
09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIwOS6bhObs&feature=channel_video_title

Kobold10
09-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Good to see that in some very rare cases time cures wounds. Salute to all who paid the utlimate price.

BadAim
09-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Kinda surreal isn't it? Yet, easy enough to understand.

When I see things like this I always think about an old cartoon I loved when I was a child; The sheep dog and the wolf would arrive at the time clock in the morning and punch in, Say "Good morning Frank", "Good morning Ralph" and go to work, One to guard the sheep, the other to eat them. At 5:00 the whistle would blow and it seemed that the Sheepdog was invariably in the process of kicking the wolf's a$$, hostilities would immediately end and they'd walk to the time clock and punch out, "Have a good evening Frank", "see you in the morning Ralph".

Seems like a perfect metaphor.

Richie
09-15-2011, 09:18 PM

When I see things like this I always think about an old cartoon I loved when I was a child; The sheep dog and the wolf would arrive at the time clock in the morning and punch in, Say "Good morning Frank", "Good morning Ralph" and go to work, One to guard the sheep, the other to eat them. At 5:00 the whistle would blow and it seemed that the Sheepdog was invariably in the process of kicking the wolf's a$$, hostilities would immediately end and they'd walk to the time clock and punch out, "Have a good evening Frank", "see you in the morning Ralph".

I know it very well.

louisv
09-16-2011, 12:13 AM
So do I, one of the best cartoons ever.

uahallie
09-16-2011, 03:11 PM

Gary Larson?

Bewolf
09-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Great Video and just one more example that most wars are decided by old people that know each other to be fought with young people who have no idea.

Unluckily to this very day people have not learend that lesson

Madfish
09-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Just because there is a lesson doesn't mean it changes the way things are, sad or not. Othwise we'd stop eating and abusing animals, abusing earth itself or just driving cars that pollute it etc.

There will always be times like this but also times of peace. One can't exist without the other.

It's nice to see them getting along so well though. Makes you wonder about some of the people on here who're constantly trying to pick a fight over something that's long gone, even for those who've been part of that history.

Richie
09-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Gary Larson?

No Skip Jones and Mel Blanc probably. It always use to come up every few months on The Buggs Bunny Road Runner Show every Saturday afternoon when I was a kid.

Richie
09-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Found it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ5ZVrHdtUY&feature=related

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Definitely my favorite cartoon ...