PDA

View Full Version : server password protected

jayrc
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
why are so many servers password protected and how do I get the password?

pupo162
09-14-2011, 04:38 PM
why are so many servers password protected and how do I get the password?

maybe you are not suppose to get the password.

When i host squad /friend private games i password so i dont get other people in.

thats why there is a password, to keep others out.

jayrc
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
last night all the servers with people in them were password protected:(

Vyper
09-14-2011, 05:45 PM
I am currently running a server on my old home computer for the guys in my squad to try the game, practice CEM, improve their machines performance, ect.

Since I have a limited amount of bandwidth, I don't want the server available to the entire internet. I'm not trying to be anti-social, I'm just trying to give my guys a place to play and tweak things without worrying about interfering with other peoples gaming...so if they want to drop a bomb on themselves on the taxiway testing keybindings or fusings, they can. :-P

I wish there was a way for me to -hide the server and keep it private, but either steam doesn't want me to ever have that option (GD it I really dislike steam) and/or I am not aware of the full list of command line options for server start (which I am not, and if anyone has a list or link, I'd love to see it).

My "private" server also allows me to dabble in missions, scripting, ect ect and have guys I've known for years there to help me see results.

I agree with you that it must seem a bit disheartening, but I wouldn't take it as a negative thing. My opinion is as more bugs get killed, and improvements made to the game, more and more folks will be able to play and the number of folks out there flying will start to reach constant high levels on multiple servers.

V