PDA

View Full Version : Clickable cockpit question:

capt vertigo
09-14-2011, 01:09 AM
I was clicking around the cockpit the other day, familarizing myself with the whereabouts of the controls and such...

Where the hells the ignition switch..?

LOL, I can do everything except turn the key.. :grin:

Mike

Ailantd
09-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Yes, it´s weird but the ignition itself needs to be done pressing "I" key (default) or the key you have configured in your control setup.

I don´t know why they had not made the ignition switch clickable. In some planes are that two peculiar buttons one next to another (I´m sure you know if you already has looked for it as myself did). In 109 are the taps behind thruster.

baronWastelan
09-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Did you try holding your mouse in the air in front of you and twisting it clock-wise?

Codex
09-14-2011, 02:35 AM
I think this would be great to add though.

Scott has done it well in all of his Accusim planes for FSX.

ATAG_Doc
09-14-2011, 03:08 AM
Did you try holding your mouse in the air in front of you and twisting it clock-wise?

Woah I thought you were joking I didn't know that! Sweet!

skouras
09-14-2011, 02:07 PM
I think this would be great to add though.

Scott has done it well in all of his Accusim planes for FSX.

exactly
next P51

PeterPanPan
09-14-2011, 03:23 PM

I just did that, but it must be mapped wrong. My rigger came running over with a cup of tea.

Blackdog_kt
09-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Everything up to the start-up is modeled, but the ignition itself is semi-automatic because these planes used all kinds of different starters to get the motor going: we'd end up with controls that would either have to be mapped specifically for just a couple of flyable aircraft, or having them only be usable via the mouse (which is not a big deal for something you do once at the start of each mission in my humble opinion, but many people dislike using click-pits).

Just as an example, to get the 109 running you'd have to do everything you already do plus on top of that:
1) Open your canopy or side window so your ground crew can listen to you
2) Tell your ground crew to spin up the starter.
3) Wait while they spin it up (the guy in black overalls standing on the wing and turning a hand-crank that's attached to the cowling like mad that we see in so many wartime videos? he's just spooling up the inertial starter)
4) Once they signal you or you judge by sound that the starter is going fast enough, engage the starter to the motor by pressing the relevant clutch controls.
5) Rinse and repeat if the start fails due to low temperature.

I'm all fine with it, but the complaining would reach epic proportions if something like that was modeled for CoD :-P

So, we just press I and the sim simulates the sequence automatically,especially in the new beta patch startups take longer to complete now that we can hear the starter spooling up with the new sounds.

In other aircraft it's even more complex, for example the priming pumps and starter magneto switches for the Blenheim are actually on the outside of the engine cowlings :-P

SDDrew
03-03-2012, 02:36 AM
I bumped this thread because im having trouble with the clickable cockpit. I just got the game today so im on a steep learning curve. Anyway, I see the little hand over the cockpit switches but I cant move or interact with them. Also Im not in the F10 freelook mode, im in the mode where u can see the tiny hand highlight switches. What am I doing wrong?

Troll2k
03-03-2012, 04:41 AM
SDDREW I am not sure but you might have to have CEM(complex engine management) checked in your realism settings.

SDDrew
03-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I do have it checked. Im still having the issue, i dont understand. Is the default button to select switches left mouse button?

SlipBall
03-03-2012, 09:12 AM
I bumped this thread because im having trouble with the clickable cockpit. I just got the game today so im on a steep learning curve. Anyway, I see the little hand over the cockpit switches but I cant move or interact with them. Also Im not in the F10 freelook mode, im in the mode where u can see the tiny hand highlight switches. What am I doing wrong?

Check on your difficulty setting's:)

SlipBall
03-03-2012, 09:14 AM
I do have it checked. Im still having the issue, i dont understand. Is the default button to select switches left mouse button?

Try holding mouse left down drag motion

SDDrew
03-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Try holding mouse left down drag motion

Ya thats what iv been doing. Maybe I changed the default control in the controls menu? Just seems weird how I can highlight the the throttle, mixture ect... but I cant click them or slide them at all. Also im positive I have CEM checked on. I know it something simple im just missing it.

SlipBall
03-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Ya thats what iv been doing. Maybe I changed the default control in the controls menu? Just seems weird how I can highlight the the throttle, mixture ect... but I cant click them or slide them at all. Also im positive I have CEM checked on. I know it something simple im just missing it.

Yea its your difficulty setting then, try this, set your difficulty/exit the game/exit steam...sometimes that cloud makes rainy playing if you had made changes during a session. Basically you will be resetting the cloud info doing this

SDDrew
03-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Yea its your difficulty setting then, try this, set your difficulty/exit the game/exit steam...sometimes that cloud makes rainy playing if you make changes during a session.

I just tried that but i didnt work.... I want to set my controls to default but it doesnt look like there is an option to. I guess ill just re-install the game since I dont have much saved on it anyway.

SlipBall
03-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I just tried that but i didnt work.... I want to set my controls to default but it doesnt look like there is an option to. I guess ill just re-install the game since I dont have much saved on it anyway.

No need for that
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8296-VSOM-8056

SDDrew
03-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks for all your help SlipBall. I found how to fix it in this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20442