PDA

View Full Version : Is gunner pos any fun since beta?

Vengeanze
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Now that we can choose the gunners seat.

Ze-Jamz
09-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Now that we can choose the gunners seat.

Yea bit it has intermittent firing..or at least mine does whenever I try it

kestrel79
09-13-2011, 04:47 PM
How do you switch to the gunner? I have a key binded to it I think yet I still can't switch to a gunner in a quick mission. (I don't have the beta patch yet.)

Ze-Jamz
09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
How do you switch to the gunner? I have a key binded to it I think yet I still can't switch to a gunner in a quick mission. (I don't have the beta patch yet.)

If you have a key binded then make sure in Options>difficulty/realism what ever its called you have 'player able to change positions' or something like that- unchecked :)

Vengeanze
09-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I think the default control is Cntrl-C.

You could try Ctrl + E :-P

Just kidding. That's Eject.

Tavingon
09-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I managed to switch to gunner position but what do I do next? When I press the arrow keys its just moves the aircraft around

Blackdog_kt
09-14-2011, 06:37 PM
1) Go into the keyboard options and unbind the keyboard from the flight controls (you do fly with a stick i assume), because it's mapped to both functions and thus conflicting on the default install.

2) Fly your mission and switch to the gunner seat.

3) Switch to mouse view control mode if you are in mouse click mode (default key is F10 to toggle between the two).

4) Move your mouse around.

5) If the turret doesn't move, it's one of those turrets that have a "parked" position. I think the default key to toggle between "parked" and operational position is ctrl+O, so go ahead and press it.

6) Things should be working now. The mouse moves the gun, while the arrow keys move the entire gun mount assembly. The latter is useful for when you want to change your field of fire, but it's not available on all turrets for historical reasons. It also takes some time to take effect, because it simulates the gunner unlocking the mount before moving it and locking it back in place in the new position.

Known bug: If using the default left click to shoot the guns, it's not possible to shoot and move the gun at the same time.
Workaround: Setting a different key to shoot the guns lets you move the guns with the mouse and shoot by pressing the key simultaneously.

Tavingon
09-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Thankyou! It seems to be the mouse that moves the gun but its dead slow, is there a way to move faster?

Blackdog_kt
09-19-2011, 03:06 AM
Movement speed depends on how each gun position is configured. For example, it's harder to turn a hand-operated gun against the airflow at 200mph, but a powered turret will be faster. That's what the sim is trying to model and that's why our guns move slower ;)

He111
09-19-2011, 01:27 PM
I seem to have lost the "change the ammo pack" graphics animation with german bomber gunners.

I remember seeing it when I started playing, 2 days ago, but now I cannot get it to come up at ALL! :confused:

BTW, I don't think I have the BETA, i just upgraded my GPU drivers to 280.26

thanks.

buz13
10-25-2012, 05:40 AM
In the gunner position how do you fire the guns? I can't find a key under options to fire the gunner gun.

Sokol1
10-25-2012, 05:02 PM
Default is Left Mouse Button - check under Game section in Controls.

Sokol1

buz13
10-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Default is Left Mouse Button - check under Game section in Controls.

Sokol1

I can't find any choices in any of the sections under controls for key choice for firing the turret gunners gun. Nothing in Game, Aircraft, Turret...etc.
Can you point me to the actual section with the key choice for the turret gunners gun? I have the gunners gun unlocked and can move it but cannot find where to assign a key to do the firing.

Thanks

Sokol1
10-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Ops! My bad. Is in "General" - not in "Game".

http://i47.tinypic.com/34hcqoo.jpg

Sokol1

buz13
10-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Ops! My bad. Is in "General" - not in "Game".

http://i47.tinypic.com/34hcqoo.jpg

Sokol1

How did I miss that....
???

Thanks much

He111
10-27-2012, 02:46 AM
I prefer to use the Joystick to fire the turret guns, my ForceFeedback gives the impression of a real turret.