PDA

View Full Version : Beta becoming Full patch soon?

ingsoc84
09-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard when this beta patch might make it to full..I like it..but the performance hits I took..well...I dont want to go out and buy a 550 dollar card right now to play this at really nice fps...hoping its optomized to some extent to smooth out the play.

NedLynch
09-13-2011, 12:30 AM
ingsoc84, your card is just fine, look at all the people with a 580 that have problems.
And if you want to know how fine your card is go to performance threads and find "a nice article on gpu testing", it is a bit long but very worth reading through.

hc_wolf
09-13-2011, 02:19 AM
Your card is fine. I would wait a while and enjoy as is. I have perfect frame rates at 70+ and 100+ all the time at all altitudes. But the image quality is still under par.

So I would not upgrade if I was you for maybe 2 more months at least and a couple of patches. Remember they are building new graphics engine for game.

Phazon
09-13-2011, 05:38 AM
In the past it was usually a week after the beta patch that the retail patch would be released. However given the complexity and scope of the changes this patch has made it may take a week or two longer, we might also even get an updated beta patch before a retail patch is released.

Its best to wait and see what the performance is like with the official retail patch as the game will be better optimised then. Also depending on when its finished, it will be the new rendering engine that decides what level of hardware the game will require for the future. It isn't implemented in the game yet and its unknown if it will be included with the next patch or later on.

ingsoc84
09-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Thanks all for the sound advice..I'll take a look at the thread mentioned. Im kind of wondering on what type of rig/gpu/cpu the devs made this game...? Would be interesting to know..

Pluto
09-13-2011, 07:10 AM
...if it takes a bit longer for the beta to become final, it means they fix more that is not yet perfect, so, the longer you wait, the better it will be in the final version. Looking at it this way might help you to be patient, ...:-)

(Among other things, I hope they fix the bad sight you have with the new patch when looking into the sun. It`s pretty nasty to fly if you have to keep a certain heading right into the sun for a while and you cant see your instruments anymore because you are blinded all the time! Maybe that doesent happen online but certainly in a campagne-mission!)
:(

Anyway, lets hope for the best ...
:)

senseispcc
09-13-2011, 09:15 AM
A gamer with patience is a happy gamer!

:cool:

Space Communist
09-13-2011, 03:34 PM
...if it takes a bit longer for the beta to become final, it means they fix more that is not yet perfect, so, the longer you wait, the better it will be in the final version. Looking at it this way might help you to be patient, ...:-)

(Among other things, I hope they fix the bad sight you have with the new patch when looking into the sun. It`s pretty nasty to fly if you have to keep a certain heading right into the sun for a while and you cant see your instruments anymore because you are blinded all the time! Maybe that doesent happen online but certainly in a campagne-mission!)
:(

Anyway, lets hope for the best ...

Well it happens in real life too sooo...

Pluto
09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Well it happens in real life too sooo...

Are you sure? I´ve been flying "real" planes sometimes, heading also right into the sun (heading west late afternoon) and I was not blinded to the extent that I could not see my instruments anymore, like now in Cliffs of Dover, that would have been fatal!
:!:

Mad G
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
A gamer with patience is a happy gamer!

:cool:

Specially if you´re waiting 7 years + 6 months!!!:-P

Blackdog_kt
09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Are you sure? I´ve been flying "real" planes sometimes, heading also right into the sun (heading west late afternoon) and I was not blinded to the extent that I could not see my instruments anymore, like now in Cliffs of Dover, that would have been fatal!
:!:

That's why, the bold part. When the sun is low on the horizon, the light rays have a longer line to travel and pass through more of the atmosphere. This means more scattering due to the increased air mass they have to travel through, so they also lose more of their energy this way (lower energies are red colours, hence the sunset/sunrise effect) and that's why a rising/setting sun is not as blinding as a mid-day/noon sun.

Trust me, i might have flunked my physics studies but observational astronomy was the one field i was pretty good on because i liked it: i once read three different books on the sun alone and did a 40-page report, when the assignment asked for just 12 pages or so after taking some measurements with a telescope and filters :-P

Pluto
09-14-2011, 08:17 AM
That's why, the bold part. When the sun is low on the horizon, the light rays have a longer line to travel and pass through more of the atmosphere. This means more scattering due to the increased air mass they have to travel through, so they also lose more of their energy this way (lower energies are red colours, hence the sunset/sunrise effect) and that's why a rising/setting sun is not as blinding as a mid-day/noon sun.

Trust me, i might have flunked my physics studies but observational astronomy was the one field i was pretty good on because i liked it: i once read three different books on the sun alone and did a 40-page report, when the assignment asked for just 12 pages or so after taking some measurements with a telescope and filters :-P

... hmmm, ... very interesting to read your statement about the sun, increased air mass etc., havent looked at it from this point of view yet, guess you are right, at least it sounds reasonable.
Thank you.

Kankkis
09-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Next patch is only patch for coming months, so the more you wait the better game you have coming months.

Strike
09-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Next patch is only patch for coming months, so the more you wait the better game you have coming months.

I wish more people thought that way, or understood that. I think the current patch has indeed fixed a few sore things and it'll keep me happy and flying until the next patch is out. To put it shortly, if 1C was to shut down Il-2 cliffs of dover i'd still be playing this version for years to come :) It's not THAT bad anymore ;)

skouras
09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
I wish more people thought that way, or understood that. I think the current patch has indeed fixed a few sore things and it'll keep me happy and flying until the next patch is out. To put it shortly, if 1C was to shut down Il-2 cliffs of dover i'd still be playing this version for years to come :) It's not THAT bad anymore ;)

second to that
by the way
BMS4 is a blast....
a must have for F16 fans

JG52Krupi
09-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Please please please look at the FM before release it's causing too many heated discussion and will just lead to a ban on spit mk2 and e4 until they are fixed!!!

ACE-OF-ACES
09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Please please please look at the FM before release it's causing too many heated discussion and will just lead to a ban on spit mk2 and e4 until they are fixed!!!
fixxed?

Has anyone provided any proof that they are broke? If so, got link?

JG52Krupi
09-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Wow I want whatever your smoking!!

All fighters other than the spit mk 2 are performing below spec look at the mk 1 spit ffs the hurri is faster??!???!!???

skouras
09-14-2011, 08:24 PM
correct KRUPI
has right
some FM's is wrong
espesially the MK1a

Richie
09-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I have a high mid range MSI GTX 560 TI and I like it very much. Just over $300. Plus it stays very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CD_S2JCuY8&feature=channel_video_title

ACE-OF-ACES
09-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Wow I want whatever your smoking!!
How sad..

I was looking forward to a detailed conversation on the subject..

But it looks like all we are going to get is the typical response of those who have no proof

They are easy to spot

In that instead of providing the proof they quickly resort to attacking the person that ask for the proof

As in this case

Where Krupi trys to make me out to be on some kind of drug.. As if to imply only someone on drugs would not 'know' the FM is broken

But ask yourself

If it was so 'clear' to anyone not on drugs that the FM of such and such plane is broke

Than surly it would be a simple mater to point to the proof that it is broken

But as you can see, Krupi did no such thing

Which in and of itself proves there is no proof

All fighters other than the spit mk 2 are performing below spec look at the mk 1 spit ffs the hurri is faster??!???!!???
Again, note nothing is provided to support these wild claims.. No screen capture let alone track file showing the 'speed' let alone a link to or post of the real world data that this claim is too slow is related to..

Long story short, talk is cheap when it comes to claims about FM's being broke

JG52Krupi
09-14-2011, 10:42 PM
How sad..

But it looks like all we are going to get is the typical response of those who have no proof

They are easy to spot

In that instead of providing the proof they quickly resort to attacking the person that ask for the proof

As in this case

Where Krupi trys to make me out to be on some kind of drug.. As if to imply only someone on drugs would not 'know' the FM is broken

But ask yourself

If it was so 'clear' to anyone not on drugs that the FM of such and such plane is broke

Again, note nothing is provided to support these wild claims.. No screen capture let alone track file showing the 'speed' let alone a link to or post of the real world data that this claim is too slow is related to..

LOL I was only joking but now I have to SERIOUSLY ask what you are on...

There is no need for a discussion just look at the polls and threads there a loads of them all with the details you are after.

For example do you agree that the AI needs work, well in a recent poll the same number of ppl that wanted the AI fixed also stated that the FM needed work... I fail to see your logic, this is nothing new its well documented.

ACE-OF-ACES
09-15-2011, 01:43 AM
LOL I was only joking but now I have to SERIOUSLY ask what you are on...
How sad..

They are easy to spot

As in this case

But ask yourself

There is no need for a discussion just look at the polls and threads there a loads of them all with the details you are after.

nearmiss
09-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Speculation threads are just for people that want to talk among themselves.

Luthier will release when it's ready.

JG52Krupi
09-15-2011, 06:20 AM
@ Aces

Why are you writing like some sort of professor lecturing to a room full of students I will answer you when you give me a direct question not a debrief/analysis.

I have never considered putting another forum member on ignore, I have been tempted but have never carried it through you however I am considering to put on right now, like I said there are countless discussions on this it's not my fault if you don't know how to use the search button or look at the sub forums.

senseispcc
09-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Patience is virtue not many have it.

ACE-OF-ACES
09-15-2011, 02:25 PM
like I said there are countless discussions on this it's not my fault if you don't know how to use the search button or look at the sub forums.
Still no proof provided? I am not suprised really, Sorry if you feel like you were singled out.. but in a way you were in that your post was the 1st one I came across in this thread stating the FM is 'broken'

My initial response was two fold

one to ask you what info (proof, tests, real world data, etc) your statements were based on, in the hopes that it was based on 'something' that we could than discus (you know the purpose of the forum).

two if no info, than highlight the fact that your statements are based on no info in the hopes of putting to rest these unfounded myths.

In that these myths can be very destructive!

These myths have a way of taking on a life of their own such that over time they are received as fact instead of the unfounded myths that they are. It all starts with one guy making an observation and statement. They typically start off more as a question than a statement. For example, "is anyone else able to obtain such and such speed? From there others pick up on it, maybe even expand on it to the point that over time it is hard to tell where the statement even originated from let alone what it was based on. Like a snowball rolling down a hill more and more 'flakes' jump on the band wagon such that when someone 'new' shows up and sees 'all' these people saying such and such is broke they tend to 'go with the flow' (sheepeople). Never stopping to ask.. What is this statement of 'broken' based on?

Why don't they ask? Well for a lot of people (not all) it has to do with human nature. In that most simmers egos are so fragile that they can never look in the mirror and admit to themselves, let alone anyone else, that they were 'bested' when they were shot down by that 'other' plane. No.. It can not be due to that, it has to be something wrong with the FM! Where their plane is under modled (too slow) or the other guys is over modled (too fast) because their ego will never allow them to stop and consider the possibility that the other guy was just more skilled. With that said, I don't think the FMs should be dumbed down or tweaked to make thee fragile ego people happy, even if they are the majority of the users!

JG52Krupi
09-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Sorry dude, but I only discuss the game with people that have it clearly you do not, again I will tell you to look at the FM sub forum for the threads on FM. Foad

Pluto
09-15-2011, 04:35 PM
... to stop this weird discussion, Ace-of-Aces, why dont you check out this here:http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spit1vrs109e.html
and then compare it to the performance of aircrafts in Cliffs of Dover, maybe then you believe the people who say that the flight-model in this sim is not correct.

It is not correct, that`s a fact !

To everybody who is so enthusiastic about the new BETA-patch that they are already satisfied I want to say it`s still far from perfect compared to what was said years ago on what would be possible in this sim.
Maybe you havent read what was previously announced?
;)

Maybe I´m the only one to say it, so what, ... but I cannot say that I am so pleased and impressed with the new beta that I would play the sim as it is now for years, even without further development.
Dont make the developers think everything is already fine the way it is with your comments.

It is much better than before but still far from good or perfect!

I wait for further updates and patches!

Pluto
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Even on that biased site, the 109s performance is clearly undermodelled. Of course, the Ia is too.

... yes that`s correct but I couldnt find anything more precise in the internet
for the moment, dont have time to look for hours to find the best documentation on that subject. Maybe someone else can find something to put an end to that discussion if the FM in Cliffs of Dover is correct or not?

Let`s wait and play something else until this sim is closer to what was announced years ago.
By the way, a new ego-shooter is announced, "FarCry3"
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/06/farcry-3-preview/
:grin:

ACE-OF-ACES
09-15-2011, 06:38 PM
Sorry dude, but I only discuss the game with people that have it clearly you do not, again I will tell you to look at the FM sub forum for the threads on FM. FoadAgain, note nothing is provided to support these wild claims.. No screen capture let alone track file showing the 'speed' let alone a link to or post of the real world data that this claim is too slow is related to..

pupo162
09-15-2011, 06:57 PM

stop tryignto go offtopic. There are plenty of thereads talkign about FMs. If oyu want to see the evidence of it being broke or perfect go into to appropriate forum and stop piccking a fight.

ACE-OF-ACES
09-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Ace-of-Aces, why don't you check out this here:http://www.spitfireperformance.com/spit1vrs109e.html
and then compare it to the performance of aircrafts in Cliffs of Dover
Why don't I do it?

Easy.. Because I am NOT the one saying it is too this or too that

But you do bring up a good point!

Why aren't the people who are saying it providing the proof?

If I had to guess, most wouldn't know the first thing about how to preform the test let alone provide the results of the test

maybe then you believe the people who say that the flight-model in this sim is not correct.
Your missing the point

I am not say it is too this or too that

I am simply pointing out the fact that no one has provided anything that would be considered proof one way or another with regards to being too this or too that

Based on my past experience I know enough about testing to know that upon closer inspection it would be found that most of the errors folks are so called 'reporting' are due to pilot an test method errors not FM errors.

Which again is why I am 'asking' people to provide the 'info' that their claims are based on.. Put another way, talk is cheap! Put even another way, put up or shut up.

It is not correct, that`s a fact !
Clearly you do not understand what 'fact' means

ACE-OF-ACES
09-15-2011, 07:00 PM
stop tryignto go offtopic. There are plenty of thereads talkign about FMs.
As I allready pointed out 'talkign' is cheap

If oyu want to see the evidence of it being broke or perfect go into to appropriate forum and stop piccking a fight.
Better yet, why don't the people making the claims simply post a link to the topic when ask? Why? Well I allready said why they don't.