PDA

View Full Version : I'll buy your game...

zazou00
09-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi there, since i got pretty disapointed by the game industry which is obviously focused on their target market represented by the teens, i decided to i mean i got interested in more mature games and that's what led me to this game.

I've read many resources (+COD manual) about planes physics (whats involed etc..), CEM (rpm, prop pitch etc ...), tactics and maneuvers (BnZ, spiral climb, Energy etc etc...). I even bought a Saitek X52.

My point is, i dont know if im the archetype of the potential buyer of CloD, but there are small things that didn't make me buy this game yet:

-Bugs, optimization , i know it's a beta it will be solved.
-minimum balance in MP, from what i've read in the MP forum dogfight between Spit IIa and main axis fighter bf109 turns out to be 85/15 (i may be wrong).
I dont know if i'll fly allies or axis but in both cases it seems not fun at all. I know some aircrafts are superiors to others, but at least 70/30...

It's not a claim since i haven't bought the game, i'm just a sample of potential buyer, and i know you want to sell your game, i think you should focus on these 2 points(bugs and better FM) before polishing the game (cf latest patch).

Forgive my english i dont have the command of this language.

Phazon
09-12-2011, 12:04 PM
Welcome! If you are still deciding whether to buy the game or not, I recommend you at least wait until the next official retail patch is released. The beta patch that everyone is playing with at the moment is a little buggy in some areas because the developers have not had time to finish everything yet.

As for multiplayer online, you can usually rely on the server hosts to keep it fun for everyone on both sides. Previously the Spitfire IIa was not used in missions because it did not have an equal Axis counterpart. I'm not sure now if its been reincluded in missions because we have the Bf109-E4 in the game now.

trumps
09-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome,
You have nothing to worry about mate, your command of the english language seems just fine, and better than some native speakers of it (myself included at times) !
the game was unfortunately not released well as we all know, but the Devs seem to have made an honest commitment to put things to rights, and if they can carry this out, and bring to bear all the possibilities that seem to be hidden inside it will truely be a sim beyond compare.
you have obviously been studying up on the Spit IIa/ 109 issues, there is at the time an inbalance when the IIa is included in the plane set, weather the IIa is over modeled, or correctly modeled, and the other planes are under done is up for debate, myself being a diehard 109 fan think that the match ups although not perfect are far closer to historical reality when the IIa is not
included, and there have been many fantastic battles in which the pilot who flew smart won the fight no matter what he was in. that is just my opinion anyway ;) i am sure that over time the accuracy of the FM's will be corrected by the devs and any issue will be resolved. i definately wouldn't let any of the above deter you from buying the game, if you have a system that is up to the task there is plenty of fun to be had, and it's only going to get better. the game is very scaleable so jumping into full CEM is not required if you dont want to jump in the deep end, so the learning curve can be as easy or as difficult as you like, once you are into it do yourself a favour and get a track IR5, this one single gizmo will add as much enjoyment and immersion to your flying as using a joystick versus the keyboard does.
it is a lot of fun already and will only get better, jump on board mate.

Craig

Vengeanze
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
C'mon and join us. I can't be the only cannonfood online. Need a backup. ;-)

ATAG_Doc
09-12-2011, 01:15 PM
It's all downhill from here bro! :)

Jaws2002
09-12-2011, 04:14 PM
-minimum balance in MP, from what i've read in the MP forum dogfight between Spit IIa and main axis fighter bf109 turns out to be 85/15 (i may be wrong).
I dont know if i'll fly allies or axis but in both cases it seems not fun at all. I know some aircrafts are superiors to others, but at least 70/30...

Hello and welcome.

I think we have a first here. Even though you never tried the game, your first post is a Flight Model whine.:lol: So I'm really curious how this will change after you've played the game for a few days.:lol:

OK. About the online "imbalance", here's my observation from my online experience. In the last week or so, the teams were so loopsided against the Brits, that I don't even think a Spit 14 could compensate for the 4-5 to 1 advantage blues have online. The whole week I wasn't able to fly German because they had more than three to one advantage in numbers.

It's laughable to see fifteen blues against four reds and still the blue players cry of "unfair advantage". If it wasn't for the AI bombers, to keep some of those 109's busy, they would all be over the British bases vulching those Spits that spawned on the side of a hill.
Last night I just went in and flew blue for two three sorties, to wing with a friend. The numbers were so bad I lost all interest to fly the rest of the evening.

The Spit 2 is a very capable plane and it outperforms the current German planes, but saying it outperforms them by a margin of 85/15 is absolutely retarded.
I shot quite a few human flown Spit 2's online to know that those that sold you the bullshit are smoking crack.
This is pointless anyway, as in my experience, the Germans always have huge advantage in numbers.

You see. Some people are still fighting that stupid 70 years old war. Some people, in this combat flight sim community, will whine all the way to the grave.
For some the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. They always look at things, and specially flight models, with thick blue or red colored glasses.
I see people whine about the Spit 2 performance, when they didn't even see the Spit that bounced them, I see people in Spit 1A cry when they get shot in a fight with a BF-110, after they did four five obvious tactical mistakes in a row.
Don't buy everything they are trying to sell.

For now, though, the biggest problem online is not the Spit2, but people that fly only German and absolutely refuse to balance the teams.

This beta patch is retarded in this respect, as you can't tell how many people are in teams before you spawn a plane on the field.:mad:

So please, try it yourself before starting to whine. At least you'l have a vague idea what's going on.

Osprey
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM

To be honest mate if you are a beginner you're probably going to get killed a lot until you learn how to do it yourself. All of us here have! So really, it doesn't matter what you fly. And as for allied or axis, you can do both and you will find your own way.

I wouldn't worry about the bugs for now, it's all early days and most people here have faith that it'll all get resolved, although I personally don't expect any of the allied/axis arguments to stop lol ;)

My best advice is to join a squadron which suits your timezone and language and type of activity - it's the best way to learn fast and get greater enjoyment. My squadron flies allied and axis, mostly europeans and english is the common language although we have guys from all over the place. You are more than welcome to check us out.

Take a look here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25721
We are on there as post #5, but have a sniff around others - it's your choice.