PDA

View Full Version : nvidia profile/sli compatibility patch request

Cataplasma
09-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Blaire of NVIDIA said:

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

The "Cliffs of Dover" Game needs adjustments and/or a Patch thereby it SLI Compatibly, which is reliably the Reason why no SLI Profile exists. Perhaps one should ask in the Ubisoft Forum.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=182679&st=140

So, do we really need an Nvidia profile for IL-2 Cliffs of dover?

Winger
09-10-2011, 07:40 PM
So that statement from nvidia pretty much unmasks the statements from luthier as plain lies? Or do i get that wrong?
A HONEST statement from the developers is what we need.

Winger

Cataplasma
09-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Can we have a sticky thread please?

ICDP
09-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Sorry but the devs need to learn how to prioritise their efforts, only a small percentage of CloD users actually have multi GPU setups. Creating a profile for SLI (or Crossfire) should be way, WAY, WAY down their list of priorities.

We have crap AI
Practically all the planes need an FM/performance update
The AI comms need finished
The GUI needs work
MP needs work
Still need a lot of performance tweaks

I could go on but the list would take a lot of pages. So, no we don't need the devs wasting time on a minor issue that only effects a handfull of users.

r0bc
09-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Its not as simple as just a SLI profile and FSAA effects everyone

Cataplasma
09-10-2011, 08:03 PM
So, no we don't need the devs wasting time on a minor issue that only effects a handfull of users.

Somebody have a HD6970 crossfire, somebody else have some Nvidia gcs...
Let the people say how big or small is this handfull of users...

Winger
09-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Guys. there is no reason to vote no. You can just vote yes and help the ones that actually have SLI systems to get a better gaming experience by letting 1C know this feature IS important. Especially for a game that is so hardware demanding.
For me SLI is number one one the priority list since i am a graphicswhore:)

Winger

PS: I dont mind if its not priority one on 1Cs list. But what i mind are LIES. So just tell us the truth.

Welshman
09-10-2011, 08:35 PM
crossfire works for me now .

pupo162
09-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Guys. there is no reason to vote no. You can just vote yes and help the ones that actually have SLI systems to get a better gaming experience by letting 1C know this feature IS important. Especially for a game that is so hardware demanding.
For me SLI is number one one the priority list since i am a graphicswhore:)

Winger

PS: I dont mind if its not priority one on 1Cs list. But what i mind are LIES. So just tell us the truth.

Do I need it? no -- answer to the pool

do i want it in game? yes. People who have dual GPU desearve their game working.

RickRuski
09-10-2011, 08:59 PM
I appear to have SLI working through "Nvidia Inspector" but only after I made my own profile. It would be good to get an official one through "Nvidia SLI Club", there have been several request for it through the forum.

Cataplasma
09-10-2011, 11:06 PM

Yes, the truth...people here have to be free to say the truth, this is the message of this thread.
All the people here have to say the truth, so I beg moderators, for the second time, to put this sticky thread up on the list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlzrNKN3rZI

Tree_UK
09-11-2011, 03:45 PM
So that statement from nvidia pretty much unmasks the statements from luthier as plain lies? Or do i get that wrong?
A HONEST statement from the developers is what we need.

Winger

Correct, Luthier has consistantly mislead everyone regarding SLI, even during development.

Welshman
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
crossfire works for me now .

i can now say after some testing that my Xfire isnt working , usually around 5% on the 2nd GPU , saw a max or 17%

SYN_Repent
09-11-2011, 04:28 PM
My xfire is working 2x4890's, both cards report same usage through gpu-z, and the usage scales with higher gfx options, I did have problems at first, I found an uninstall, then a CLEAN reinstall of drivers (currently 11.8 ) is what works, then don't touch anything driver side except vsync, start playing with it and it leaves out optimisations that in my experience with buggy ATI drivers never get put back again

Welshman
09-11-2011, 05:01 PM
My xfire is working 2x4890's, both cards report same usage through gpu-z, and the usage scales with higher gfx options, I did have problems at first, I found an uninstall, then a CLEAN reinstall of drivers (currently 11.8 ) is what works, then don't touch anything driver side except vsync, start playing with it and it leaves out optimisations that in my experience with buggy ATI drivers never get put back again

i just tried with two runs of GPUz running and did indeed notice full load on both cards , couldnt get the log for both cards though . tbh when i was testing i was in windowed mode so maybe only one card works then ..

but anyhow wasnt getting these fps yesterday , for me starting the game from the launcher in the game folder ( or shortcut ) is better than using the launcher the game installs on the desktop

( steam://rungameid ) etc

Blackdog_kt
09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't need it because i always run single GPU setups: much easier to buy a good single GPU card and upgrade it once every two years, than spending money on dual GPU setups and having to wait for optimizations and profiles every time.
I don't usually play blockbuster titles that get immediate attention in this regard so i never go dual GPU, it's like spending money on performance that isn't always realized.

I have no objection to it being added to the game of course, since other people use dual setups and would need such a thing. The question here is on what priority?

Even a poll wouldn't be representative since a lot of people don't frequent this forum. I don't know if there's a way to do a hardware survey via Steam that is limited only to CoD owners, that would be the best criteria available: it would really give us an accurate indication of how many people run dual GPU setups and of which company, so the devs can decide on how to prioritize it.

Majority of people with dual GPU setups in the survey? Then give it some priority and even further, prioritize first the kind of setup that most people have (SLI or Xfire).
Majority of people in the survey running single GPU setups? Then give priority to other bugs.

That would be a fair and accurate solution i think.

NedLynch
09-11-2011, 06:29 PM
I appear to have SLI working through "Nvidia Inspector" but only after I made my own profile. It would be good to get an official one through "Nvidia SLI Club", there have been several request for it through the forum.

I only have a single gpu, but those running sli or crossfire do deserve to have it running properly. At what priority is the question. General optimization and other things/bugs seem to be more pressing.

Still voted yes for above reason. But I do agree with blackdog, a good single gpu solution is imho the better way to go, there is an link to an article about measuring fps, single gpus and multiple gpus on this forum, very interesting and demystifiing and to me confirming that multiple card solutions maybe be a bit overrated. It is in the performance subforum, "nice article on gpu testing".

Rick, did you get anything else running/improved via nvidia inspector. The profile is, just like in the nvidia cp, "launcher.exe", right?
I couldn't really get any more improvements than I already had with the normal nvidia cp, such as force vsync on.

Cataplasma
09-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Even a poll wouldn't be representative since a lot of people don't frequent this forum. I don't know if there's a way to do a hardware survey via Steam that is limited only to CoD owners, that would be the best criteria available: it would really give us an accurate indication of how many people run dual GPU setups and of which company, so the devs can decide on how to prioritize it.

Majority of people with dual GPU setups in the survey? Then give it some priority and even further, prioritize first the kind of setup that most people have (SLI or Xfire).
Majority of people in the survey running single GPU setups? Then give priority to other bugs.

That would be a fair and accurate solution i think.

Good idea, if someone could do it would be great.
At the moment we have to be satisfied to see the trend inside this forum.
A sticky thread maybe could help the poll...

jcenzano
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM

Could you plz share your knowledge with us?

I have tried to follow some posts that claimed to have SLI working.

I get both GPU´s to work at the same load, but i get no performance gain and my FPS get more ups and downs (my FPS are lower but more stable with single GPU config).

So, can you help me???

BigC208
09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Blaire of NVIDIA said:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=182679&st=140

So, do we really need an Nvidia profile for IL-2 Cliffs of dover?

I need one. My 4 year old system has 2x8800gts and in Il2 it gives a 100% increase in fps. Every bit of performance I can squeeze out is welcome untill I get a new system this winter.

RickRuski
09-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Finally have done some checking of Sli gpu usage with CoD. Both cards are running within 1% of each other (98---97%) and once up to running temps within 1deg C of eachother (about 58---59deg C). Have made up my own profile as follows, try it for yourselves to see if it works for you.

"Nvidia Inspector" settings.

Sli compatibility bits (Dx10) 0x00000003
Sli compatibility bits 0x00000003

Anti-aa SliAA AA_MODE_SELECTOR_SLIAA_DISABLED
SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO
SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_TWO
SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_TWO
SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR
SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_AFR
SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_AFR

I also run EVGA "Precision" and syncronise both gpu's to the same clocks (stock)

System Specs : -

AMD M4N98TD-EVO (980a Nvidia chip)
AMD 965x4 @3.4g (Stock)
8 gig 1333 ram
700w Cooler Master Sli PS
1Tb HDD (Partitioned x 5)
2 x GTS 450 in Sli. (one EVGA, one Asus)

I am getting fps over land, cockpit "on" (London Raid) 45--60 depending on AA fire and exploding He 111's. All settings on "High" except for "Buildings Detail and Forests" which are "Medium".
There are still some micro stutters at times but I can't blame Sli alone for that as it was also happening with a single card. The reason I am not running 2 EVGA's is that I couldn't get a second one here in NZ when I decided to go Sli, but being able to sync both cards to the same clocks is great.

Cataplasma
09-12-2011, 12:50 PM
As we can notice the trend inside this forum is constant and clear since the first day...

70% need a sli profile
30% don't need a sli profile

He111
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
I have dual 580s in SLI and will probably need a profile, not too sure though as i'm not playing much as i'm still waiting for my 27" 120Hz 3D monitor.

Very sad if there's a GPU bias

Cataplasma
09-12-2011, 02:07 PM
I have dual 580s in SLI and will probably need a profile, not too sure though as i'm not playing much as i'm still waiting for my 27" 120Hz 3D monitor.

Very sad if there's a GPU bias

I have a 120HZ 3D monitor too, at the moment you can't play COD in 3D.

Cataplasma
09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
70%-30%
Still the same!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYZlRWWxO0

Mr Greezy
09-12-2011, 08:39 PM

Is there a way I can download your profile? Or you tell me what you have?

I have x2 GTX 470 and it stutters like a crack fiend.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the post when it brought me to this last page.

RickRuski
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
One thing I forgot to mention in my specs was that my Asus M/B has 2 Pcie slots running @ 16 times where most M/B have 1 x 16 and 1 x 8. If the Pcie slots run @ 2 x 16, that could make a difference. Certainly can't complain too much about how my Sli is performing at the moment.

jcenzano
09-12-2011, 09:23 PM
One thing I forgot to mention in my specs was that my Asus M/B has 2 Pcie slots running @ 16 times where most M/B have 1 x 16 and 1 x 8. If the Pcie slots run @ 2 x 16, that could make a difference. Certainly can't complain too much about how my Sli is performing at the moment.

thanks for your profile, i will give it a try.

Regarding the x16 vs x8 PCI slots, some time ago I read a couple of benchmark articles. The main conclusion was that 2 x 16 only make a "noticeable" difference when playing at very big resolutions (with 3 displays) and the performance was almost identical when playing at normal single display res like 1920x1200. i could not find the link now, but it is "out there".

He111
09-12-2011, 11:15 PM
I have a 120HZ 3D monitor too, at the moment you can't play COD in 3D.

I'm not concerned with 3D, just that 120Hz will double refresh rates and smooth game play?? hopefully??

RickRuski
09-13-2011, 12:29 AM
One other thing I did do was after reading a post on Sli at one of the sites (I think it was Nvidia Sli Club) was to bring my clocks back to Stock. I am running factory O/C cards and there was an article that suggested to try to de-tune cards back to stock for better Sli performance. After I did that I have noticed a slight improvement. Also with "Nvidia Inspector" once you have your profile set try leaving it running but minimised while running COD. Although my cards are from different stables and have different clock settings I always use EVGA "Precision" to sync the two cards to exactly the same clocks. Also in Inspector unlock 'Mim" and "Max" in the O/C section. I go throuh this sequence each time to make sure the settings haven't reverted to factory. Make sure with "Inspector " settings that you have the right profile set and click "Apply Changes" each time, I have found that if I'm not careful when scolling down that I have changed the profile selection.

Cataplasma
09-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Ladies, gentlemen & devs, the verdict is:

voters 66

Yes: 47 voters (71.21%)
No: 19 voters (28.79%)

The vast majority of this forum needs a SLI PROFILE

http://image.ohozaa.com/ix/axzxc.gif

Blackdog_kt
09-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I think the poll is a bit skewed. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, i just don't think it proves much because:

a) people who use SLI will vote yes

b) people who don't use SLI may not even vote so as not to bring you guys down (that's exactly what i i did, i didn't vote because if i vote i'll vote no)

A better poll would be:

what kind of a graphics setup are you running?
a) single GPU, Ati/AMD
b) single GPU, nVidia
c) dual GPU, Ati/AMD Crossfire
d) dual GPU, nVidia SLI
e) more than two GPUs, Ati/AMD Crossfire
f) more than two GPUs, nVidia SLI
g) more than two GPUs, other (for people who run mixed or non identical setups)

Then we'd really be able to see how many people use each setup, so that the devs can prioritize accordingly.

Cataplasma
09-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Here you are!
Vote please:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26197

Cataplasma
09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
I think the poll is a bit skewed. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, i just don't think it proves much because:

a) people who use SLI will vote yes

b) people who don't use SLI may not even vote so as not to bring you guys down (that's exactly what i i did, i didn't vote because if i vote i'll vote no)

Please Blackdog vote no, is the second aswer on the list.

I think that the poll is quite accurate because:

a) In this forum we can find the real people that play seriously on cod.
Sli or crossfire setups are maybe rare outside this forum but very common here among cod's players;

b)As I said in a post people have to vote the truth and is very simple to do: answer 1 yes, answer 2 no;

c)the trend was constant every day so the poll is very accurate, not so skewed.

But it may be skewed because:

a)If I'm not interested about a sli profile/patch I won't enter the thread and vote.

b)If I'm not interested I won't search and find this thread.

That's way I answer two times for a sticky thread, to remove that problem and let vote disinteressed people "No, I don't"

For the 3rd time:
Can we have a sticky thread please? Here and for your suggested poll thread?
Thanks