PDA

View Full Version : DEVS: Crewman Animations and tailgunner view

Spinfx
09-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi,

After all the important bugs are fixed, could you have a look at crewman animations.

A friend and I were in a bomber flying around and the one thing that was needed was the ability to see where your crewman is looking at, so having his head face in the direction he's looking at would be more immersive and helpful I think.

If you want to go a step further.. having animations of him changing positions would be cool too.

Also, when your a tailgunner, your vision is locked to about 60 degrees left or right. it should be like when you are the pilot and be able to see all around.
Operating the gun using the joystick could be a little smoother.

Anyways just some ideas.

Spinfx

skouras
09-10-2011, 07:34 PM
i think at russian forums Luthier said that hired a guy for finish a whole stuff of complete crew and pilot animations

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-10-2011, 09:46 PM
And hopefully we get the pilot head movement in external view locked to the players view movement. It is just awesome when you fly in formation with a squadron mate and when the virtual pilot looks at you you know that it is actually the guy on the joystick. This is so immersive and fun in Rise of Flight and it would work in Clodo too.

trumps
09-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Spot on SpinF, it was a lot of fun flying 2up in the 110, especially that hit and run on Manston flying as a 2 ship and nursing it home with 1 engine. being able to look back and see where you gunner is looking at would be a great help, and vicky-verky from gunner to pilot. i agree with the gun operation, the operation needs to be smoothed out if possible, there is no way that i could ever get a bead on an enemy while gunning, god knows how the Ai manage to be so efficient :)

Craig

Zappatime
09-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Luthier said a while ago when asked what had happened to the bail-out animation they had showed previously:

"We had to optimize our pilots a lot to make the game playable. The downside of them not causing serious FPS issues is that they are currently unable to play complex animations like that.

We have about a gazillion aircrew animations gathering dust because of this, and we do plan to work them back in once more pressing issues are addressed."

Maybe this is the major new feature yet to be implemented, that Luthier mentioned in his post last week - fully animated crews!?

Tavingon
09-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Great.. cause at the moment when im in the ju88 it looks like im sat next to a dummy

Blackdog_kt
09-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Regarding the turrets, the gun is moved by the mouse and it's smooth enough.

What's not smooth is changing the orientation of the gun mount to alter your field of fire, but that is realistic: many turrets had to be unlocked, traversed and locked again and this is what the delay simulates.

There are also turrets that don't suffer from this, because presumably they didn't have a lock/unlock mechanism, for example the top turret in the Br.20 has no delays at all.

This is clearly explained in the manual by the way.