PDA

View Full Version : All servers just went down?

Gollum
09-09-2011, 07:18 PM
What gives?

Norseman
09-09-2011, 07:30 PM
anyone in here luv steam more than I.. ;-/

Welshman
09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
yeah just noticed that , was about to try a few before bed . grrr too late now , work @4am ..

SEE
09-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Happened earlier in the week - steam issue apparantly!

Troll2k
09-09-2011, 08:19 PM
A couple of servers are showing in the Hyperlobby room.

ATAG_Bliss
09-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Steam disconnects at random to the servers. I don't know if it's necessarily a steam problem or a IL2COD problem, but in virtually every other game I own on steam, if the steam servers go down it does not effect the dedicated server.

In IL2COD it does, for w/e reason. In other games, you lose connection to the steam browser, you've basically lost the ability to "search" for the server you want to connect with, but you can still connect via direct IP to it. Once steam comes back it reauthorizes and VAC goes back to doing what it did before.

Hopefully, there'll be a hand shake some where down the road with steam / IL2COD so that is has the same functionality. But when the 1st line of code in the dedicated dos server box has the error "cannot connect to steam" every single time the server runs, regardless if steam is working or not, leads me to believe it's more of an issue with IL2COD. Especially since, I've yet to witness this problem with any other game I have on steam.

Vengeanze
09-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Perhaps like Applestore, a sign that new products/patch is on its way. ;-)