PDA

View Full Version : Just installed another GTX 460 in SLI - at last I can fly properly

HurricaneDriver
09-09-2011, 04:19 PM
I've just bought another 1Gb GTX 460 to use in SLI, and I'm amazed at the difference in the sim. It's actually really flyable for the first time, especially with Track IR 5. I thought there was limited SLI capability in COD? Now all we need are better sounds, and I reckon we're getting somewhere. It's starting to come together!

pupo162
09-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I've just bought another 1Gb GTX 460 to use in SLI, and I'm amazed at the difference in the sim. It's actually really flyable for the first time, especially with Track IR 5. I thought there was limited SLI capability in COD? Now all we need are better sounds, and I reckon we're getting somewhere. It's starting to come together!

better sounds? missed the beta patch?

Jugdriver
09-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Now all we need are better sounds!

You know the sounds were just all remade right?

JD
AKA_MattE

Vengeanze
09-09-2011, 04:25 PM
...Now all we need are better sounds...

With "we" you mean everyone with a setup like you. ;-)

Cataplasma
09-09-2011, 05:42 PM
I've just bought another 1Gb GTX 460 to use in SLI, and I'm amazed at the difference in the sim.

I have two gtx 470 and disabling SLI the game is smoother, no more stuttering.
What are your nvdia control panel or inspector settings?

HurricaneDriver
09-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm waiting on the official patch - I've had a couple of bad experiences with the beta updates. Is the beta stable? The official should be out any day now. Worth waiting for, or should I go with the beta?

Thanks guys.

;)

HurricaneDriver
09-09-2011, 05:47 PM

All pretty much standard. Haven't had any time to fiddle with things yet, apart from enabling SLI.

Any settings you recommend?

HurricaneDriver
09-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Aw bugger it - I can't wait! Got to try out those new sounds. Downloading now....

:-P

ATAG_Snapper
09-09-2011, 05:53 PM
SLI works well on my system, but, as we know, others on this forum are having nojoy with SLI. From what I've gathered from forum posts, ATI Crossfire is still pooched.

Re beta sounds: 109 sounds great on start up and in flight both external & in cockpit. Many also love the 109 flyby sound.

As your handle is "Hurricanedriver", I can only assume you're more interested in the Merlin engine sounds. My take is that the Merlin startup sound both external and in cockpit is very good. In flight engine sound is very good in-cockpit, poor external - although the Hurricane sounds marginally better externally than the Spitfire. Same applies for the flyby. The beta patch Merlin flyby is better than prepatch, but does not sound like a Merlin engine for either aircraft. Even Jafa's excellent sound mod was great for in cockpit and external inflight sound, but still retained the characteristic IL2 vacuum cleaner sound effect during flyby.

Guns: 109 cannon sound pretty good. Machine-guns on 109, Spits, and Hurries are very muted both in cockpit and externally.

The latest beta sounds are an improvement over pre-patch, but as noted above there is work remaining if accuracy in sound is the objective.

ATAG_Snapper
09-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Sorry to jump in uninvited. Here's a SimHQ post I did Aug 25 with a SLI set up link I hope you find helpful:

Originally Posted By: jimbop
Some custom profiles or profiles from other games do increase SLI performance - might be a workaround that works for you until SLI is enabled properly:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23199 http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23199

Thanks for the link, Jimbop -- works great. Before my two cards were working at roughly 80%/20% -- now it's virtually 50/50.
My system: i7 920 @ 2.67 MHZ, Win 7 64-bit, 12 Gig DDR3, Nvidia GTX 560 Ti x 2 SLI, Thrustmaster TM1600000000000000000 joystick, CH PRO Throttle, CH Quadrant, CH Pedals, Track IR 5

Bokononist
09-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Just been doing a little benchmarking on my system, I'm running one 460 with a 2500k cpu and on mostly medium to high settings getting 40fps avarage 51 max 29 min close to the ground @ 1920x1080. I have another 460 arriving tommorow for some SLI goodness, can you tell me what fps you are getting now compared to your single 460 setup?
ps I'm talking beta patch figures, my performance has been improved noticably with the beta.

r0bc
09-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Haven't had any time to fiddle with things yet, apart from enabling SLI.

Are you saying the only thing you did is enable SLI in the Nvidia control panel?

ACE-OF-ACES
09-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I've just bought another 1Gb GTX 460 to use in SLI, and I'm amazed at the difference in the sim. It's actually really flyable for the first time, especially with Track IR 5. I thought there was limited SLI capability in COD? Now all we need are better sounds, and I reckon we're getting somewhere. It's starting to come together!I recently upgraded my GTX 280 to a GTX 570.. But I did take pause and consider getting two GTX 460! The price is right.. but what with all the sli stuff going on and heat issues I chickend out and got the 570.. Maybe in six months Ill pick up a 2nd 570 when the price drops.. But for now I have all the settings set to max and the fps is good to go.. Only every so often will I see a pause/studder

HurricaneDriver
09-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Are you saying the only thing you did is enable SLI in the Nvidia control panel?

Certainly did. How do I bring up my FPS?

r0bc
09-09-2011, 06:42 PM
That don't enable SLI..... COD don't have a SLI profile.

r0bc
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Certainly did. How do I bring up my FPS?

Just use Afterburner or Precision you'll see your FPS but it'll also see your second card doing nothing.

ATAG_Snapper
09-09-2011, 07:08 PM
That don't enable SLI..... COD don't have a SLI profile.

So your Custom Profile for launcher.exe isn't working for you?

Quote:
stl Junior Member Join Date: May 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Working SLI-Bits to edit with NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.5.5

Click at Profile Settings (besides the "Driver Version"),
create Custom Profile and click "add application to current profile" to add launcher.exe.
edit:
SLI compatibility bits (DX10): 0x000000F5

NVIDIA predefined SLI mode on DirectX 10: SLI_PREREFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR

click on "Apply changes"

r0bc
09-09-2011, 07:25 PM
So your Custom Profile for launcher.exe isn't working for you?

Actually Snapper for me its not, it runs alot smoother with one card and I was asking HurricaneDriver what he did to make it work.

HurricaneDriver
09-10-2011, 02:51 AM
With TrackIR COD was pretty unpleasant until I installed my second card yesterday. The whole game is so much smoother, and all I did was enable SLI in Nvidia properties. SLI must be working. ROF is also that much better (I did manually enable SLI in ROF though). Not sure - but SLI seems to be working. Sorry, don't feel like mucking around with FPS counts, but I've found if a sim runs smoothly it greatly adds to the immersion, and I pretty much have 95% of that now, whereas I had 70% before the upgrade.

HurricaneDriver
09-10-2011, 03:00 AM
I recently upgraded my GTX 280 to a GTX 570.. But I did take pause and consider getting two GTX 460! The price is right.. but what with all the sli stuff going on and heat issues I chickend out and got the 570.. Maybe in six months Ill pick up a 2nd 570 when the price drops.. But for now I have all the settings set to max and the fps is good to go.. Only every so often will I see a pause/studder

I know what you mean there about power and heat issues. I was pretty reluctant to go with SLI, but I added a good quality power supply when I made up my new rig just in time for COD's release. The cards are a little too close for my liking to enable decent heat dissipation, but I reckon I have enough fans and ventilation (especially as I made sure I have tight cable grouping to help air flow) in the case anyway. There's actually a spare PCI-e slot free on my m/b, but I reckon 3 is just excessive, and I'd have to buy a much bigger p/s. I was kinda miffed that I had to lose my trusty Audigy card though, and go with onboard sound; there just wasn't room for it. Onboard sound is way better than it was a few years ago though.

I actually prefer one good videocard, but I only bought my first GTX460 a couple of months back, and I'd just don't feel like shelling out $AUS350+ for a better card when I paid $AUS220 for this one. Besides, I bought a twin GTX460 card off eBay for such a good price.

r0bc
09-10-2011, 03:10 AM
HurricaneDriver if that's all you did SLI isn't working in COD, no joke. Your second card its doing nothing. Its been broken for some time and needs fixing. You can force it to work(see Snappers post) but thats the only way. Most of us find it runs smoother with one card but you can try it and see.

Yes SLI do work with ROF.

r0bc
09-10-2011, 03:17 AM
Just enable the SLI indicator in the Nvidia control panel or check your FPS.

Cataplasma
09-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Please HurricaneDriver try disabling sli and post your conclusions

HurricaneDriver
09-11-2011, 12:16 PM
It's seems so that I'm running COD on one card. The largest hardware change I've made is removing my Audigy sound card to make room for the second vidcard. I'm using onboard sound now so maybe that's where I'm getting the extra system speed.....

I've disabled SLI and retested. There appears to be a slight FPS hit, but I definitely am running on one card. Whatever, COD runs much better without the Audigy software/hardware. Really looking forward to SLI being enabled by the devs - it really should improve FPS.

Cataplasma
09-11-2011, 12:58 PM
It's seems so that I'm running COD on one card. The largest hardware change I've made is removing my Audigy sound card to make room for the second vidcard. I'm using onboard sound now so maybe that's where I'm getting the extra system speed.....

I've disabled SLI and retested. There appears to be a slight FPS hit, but I definitely am running on one card. Whatever, COD runs much better without the Audigy software/hardware. Really looking forward to SLI being enabled by the devs - it really should improve FPS.

Ok, so please everybody here vote and comment on the "nvidia profile/sli compatibility patch request" thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26076

thank you

ATAG_Snapper
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
I use this free utility which tells me exactly what's going on with my two video cards:

http://www.evga.com/precision/default.asp

Before I assigned a Custom Profile to CoD one of the GTX 560 Ti cards was doing about 90% of the work (and running a high temp) and the 2nd card was loafing along at 10% and a low temp. With the Custom Profile they're now sharing the workload evenly with moderate temperature rises roughly equal (the upper card runs about 10 C warmer).

This utility also enables you to program the video card fans to automatically increase in speed (for better cooling) as the cards' workload increases.

EZ1
09-11-2011, 01:14 PM
I have 2 GTX 480s configured in SLI. I tried enabling SLI in CoD via NNVIDA Inspector and it was a mess so I'm back to running CoD in single GPU mode. Even in single GPU mode I do see some activity on the second card. It isn't much varying from 0 to about 10% +-. I have a second monitor where I can watch Precision, etc. while flying. I don't see any activity on that card when I'm not flying in CoD (or some actual SLI ready app.). In there some PhysX in this game????

ATAG_Snapper
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Ok, so please everybody here vote and comment on the "nvidia profile/sli compatibility patch request" thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=26076

thank you

Done!

Even though I have SLI working with a Custom Profile (tweaking Nvidia Inspector), surely the smart guys at Nvidia working with the 1C devs will come up with an even better profile giving even better performance.

HurricaneDriver
09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I have 2 GTX 480s configured in SLI. I tried enabling SLI in CoD via NNVIDA Inspector and it was a mess so I'm back to running CoD in single GPU mode. Even in single GPU mode I do see some activity on the second card. It isn't much varying from 0 to about 10% +-. I have a second monitor where I can watch Precision, etc. while flying. I don't see any activity on that card when I'm not flying in CoD (or some actual SLI ready app.). In there some PhysX in this game????

I'm noticing about a 10%-15% improvement with SLI enabled, too. Having SLI at this stage just improves performance just that little bit much, so I'm leaving it on as it makes TrackIR a little smoother. Wonder when the devs will look at supporting SLI?

ATAG_Snapper
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Just use Afterburner or Precision you'll see your FPS but it'll also see your second card doing nothing.

Sorry r0bc, just remembered seeing this after making my post above. Great minds think alike! :grin:

Hurricanedriver, sticking in a 2nd video card, connecting the SLI connector, then simply clicking on "enable SLI" in the Nvidia Control Panel won't get you there with CoD, unfortunately. It SHOULD -- but it won't. Take r0bc's suggestion and download the Precision EVGA monitoring utility. It's free, installs easily, and instantly tells you what your cards are doing performance-wise and temperature-wise. Otherwise, you're tuning up a car with no tachometer! :)

Next, download Nvidia Inspector (another free utility, bless 'em all). This will tweak the SLI settings for "launcher.exe" (which just happens to be the executable file that launches Cliffs of Dover via Steam). With the tweaks done in Nvidia Inspector the two video cards you've spent the big bucks on will start doing what they're supposed to: split the workload for increased overall performance!

You've come this far: finish the race! :-P

Cataplasma
09-11-2011, 02:11 PM
A sign of activity isn't a sign of good functioning.
So stop saying "it's working! it's working!" because SLI at the moment work in an awful way, like a car out of gear at 10 000 rpm.
At the moment everybody should disable sli, because sli gives you few more fps with a consumption of about 300w, which is an insult to the planet earth.
Nvidia, 1c and devs will never fix it and all of you saying that sli is working help them hiding their head in the sand.
We all know how to enable sli and look at its uselessness.

ATAG_Snapper
09-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Repeat, please.

Cataplasma
09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Repeat, please.

what?
If it's a language problem I'm sorry, my english is really bad, my mind is usually busy speaks a much more complex language.
I hope you understand me anyway

ATAG_Snapper
09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Your English is fine. Your reasoning is not. The devs have no interest whatsoever in Snapper helping a fellow member maximize the performance of his video cards in SLI mode. The devs will do what they do, regardless.

Proof? Jafa came out with some excellent sound mods months ago.....but still the devs worked on improving the sounds anyway. I just wish they had consulted Jafa.

As I've already stated in this thread which you've decided to ignore, the devs at 1C and Nvidia can undoubtedly come up with a superior SLI Profile to the stopgap Custom Profile myself and others are suggesting. To even suggest the devs will not release a CoD specific profile because of a stopgap measure is ridiculous. You're telling (ordering?) fellow forum members to stop trying to get their expensive video cards to work better because the devs think we've done their work for them????

The "repeat, please" statement comes from the movie "Battle of Britain", produced in 1969. You should watch it. A squadron of Polish pilots were ordered to change course by their British flight leader because of their non-operational status in the presence of the enemy. As with your ridiculous "order" to stop trying to make SLI work better, the Polish pilots opted to disregard the likewise-ridiculous order to avoid combat by saying "repeat, please" as they successfully engaged the Luftwaffe bombers below. Similarly, I choose to ignore your dictate to us to sit on our hands and will continue to try and help fellow forum members to run their systems better.

Is that clear enough for you?

Cataplasma
09-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Your English is fine.
Thank you!
Your reasoning is not. The devs have no interest whatsoever in Snapper helping a fellow member maximize the performance of his video cards in SLI mode. The devs will do what they do, regardless.
I don't care about what you or devs have interest to do, I care about lies that you and devs say to the community.
Can we enable sli? Yes, true.
Is cod SLI compatible, SLI optimized? No, false.
Do we really have to wait that somebody of Nvidia add a profile, as devs said? No, false, Nvidia said that can't do this with an incompatibile-full of bugs game like cod.
Is just a member with this problem? No, false, take a look to the sli profile request thread.
As I've already stated in this thread which you've decided to ignore, the devs at 1C and Nvidia can undoubtedly come up with a superior SLI Profile to the stopgap Custom Profile myself and others are suggesting. To even suggest the devs will not release a CoD specific profile because of a stopgap measure is ridiculous. You're telling (ordering?) fellow forum members to stop trying to get their expensive video cards to work better because the devs think we've done their work for them????
I don't know the meaning of the words "ignore" and "ordering" but maybe I forgot the word "please" before the words "stop saying...".
Ridiculous are lies, not questions.
Ridiculous is waste time playing with colours on an old graphic engine full of bugs and unable to manage a simple SLI rig.
The "repeat, please" statement comes from the movie "Battle of Britain", produced in 1969. You should watch it.
I saw that film, you should know how many truths we ignore, just because a fellow "have the interest" that you ignore.
Here you are, attached just for you, an example from my collection: an unseen and never published original drawing of the WWII, by one of the greatest airplane's designer of the world.
I choose to ignore your dictate to us to sit on our hands and will continue to try and help fellow forum members to run their systems better.

Is that clear enough for you?
Sure!
I help, I'm helping and have always helped people in need, devs too.
But I hate lies...don't you Snapper?
Bye ;)

katdogfizzow
09-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Sorry r0bc, just remembered seeing this after making my post above. Great minds think alike! :grin:

Hurricanedriver, sticking in a 2nd video card, connecting the SLI connector, then simply clicking on "enable SLI" in the Nvidia Control Panel won't get you there with CoD, unfortunately. It SHOULD -- but it won't. Take r0bc's suggestion and download the Precision EVGA monitoring utility. It's free, installs easily, and instantly tells you what your cards are doing performance-wise and temperature-wise. Otherwise, you're tuning up a car with no tachometer! :)

Next, download Nvidia Inspector (another free utility, bless 'em all). This will tweak the SLI settings for "launcher.exe" (which just happens to be the executable file that launches Cliffs of Dover via Steam). With the tweaks done in Nvidia Inspector the two video cards you've spent the big bucks on will start doing what they're supposed to: split the workload for increased overall performance!

What specific tweaks are you talking about? I have 2 460s and nothing worked for me in Inspector because the developers broke support and stated this fact in April. Can you unbreak support for SLI? I don't know...doesnt sound like you could

All I know is I have 2 460s and Im a huge tweaker/optimizer. SLI is not working to potential. (although I get better results with it enabled, my second card is only at 10% using MSI afterburner to monitor )

getting 35-45 fps and am pretty happy after the new patch

ATAG_Snapper
09-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Cataplasma, calling a man a liar is a serious thing - whatever the language. I suggest you cool off a bit.

Cataplasma
09-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Cataplasma, calling a man a liar is a serious thing - whatever the language. I suggest you cool off a bit.

I never wanted to call a man liar seriously, if I did it I'm sorry and I please you to accept my apologies.
I'm a quiet guy, anyway thank you for your suggestion.
I suggest you to stop talking about a "working sli" because in your good-faith you're helping everybody except sli owners.

p.s. I hope you saw the drawing 'cause I had to remove it.

ATAG_Snapper
09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Apology accepted, thank you. Although I disagree with your position on SLI in CoD, out of respect for your request I will cease posting in this forum on this topic.

Here's a quick video I took to demonstrate why I believe my two video cards are indeed working together in SLI. I didn't know how to do a screen capture of two screens simultaneously, so I simply used my little GoPro video cam. The colours look awful, but it was the Precision EVGA graphs of GPU1 and GPU2 that I wanted to show while CoD was actually running.

http://vimeo.com/28902570

The EVGA monitor shows neither card doing very much until I click on "FLY" -- then they both shoot up in usage to 45% - 55% each. I believe my CPU is the bottleneck - it's 3 years old and runs at only the factory-set 2.67 MHz. I'd love to over clock it to, say, 3.5 but Gateway has locked out the BIOS. I believe that if the CPU had more grunt the two video cards would both be working at a higher percentage -- perhaps resulting in a constant 60 fps (with Vsync turned "ON").

The video also shows all my settings are "HIGH" with everything checked except the anti-epilepsy filter and SSAO. There's a fair graphic load while CoD runs yet I am getting 45 - 60 fps (Vsync is "ON") and little-to-no stuttering. Prior to this latest beta patch I was getting some annoying flickering of the water when flying over the channel, but the beta patch eliminated this flickering completely.

Anyways, the sim runs great for me, although there's always room for improvement. No harm, no foul. I'm had my say, I'm done! :)

katdogfizzow
09-12-2011, 12:05 AM
In conclusion, SLI is still broken for users with 460s because the develpers broke it back in April and haven't fixed it yet.

Cataplasma
09-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Snapper, listen to me.
My sli setup works better than your.
1920x1080px 120HZ with very high settings and a single gtx 470 run quite smooth (50-60 fps).
Then I enable sli, I can see sli working (very bad, like you) on my monitoring software, and a lot of stuttering makes me angry because I can see a little fps increase but all that stuttering makes my game unplayble, nooOOOO...BUT just with this settings!
I have no stuttering problem with your resolution and settings with sli enabled, because sli with that resolution and settings is useless...right?!
Snapper can you hear me!?
SLI is not working properly!
Snapper!SNAPPER!

ATAG_Snapper
09-12-2011, 12:51 AM
I'll switch back over to my 2nd monitor which gives me 1920 x 1080 res (at 60 Hz though) and take another look. In the recent past I've run CoD on this second monitor in SLI mode and was pleased with how well it ran, too. The only setting I have turned down as you can see is "textures" -set to "high" instead of "original".

As I've mentioned earlier, CoD runs very well for me in SLI mode with little-to-no stuttering. I believe it could run even better if 1C released a SLI profile specifically tuned to Cliffs of Dover.

Cataplasma
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I'll switch back over to my 2nd monitor which gives me 1920 x 1080 res (at 60 Hz though) and take another look. In the recent past I've run CoD on this second monitor in SLI mode and was pleased with how well it ran, too. The only setting I have turned down as you can see is "textures" -set to "high" instead of "original".

As I've mentioned earlier, CoD runs very well for me in SLI mode with little-to-no stuttering. I believe it could run even better if 1C released a SLI profile specifically tuned to Cliffs of Dover.

Hey Snapper? What about your HD monitor?

ATAG_Snapper
09-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Hey Snapper? What about your HD monitor?

Not yet! :(

I was planning to do it last night (it only takes a minute or two to switch monitor assignments in the Nvidia Control Panel). Instead, I had the brilliant idea to first try the beta 285.27 driver and completely mucked up my PC. (I've whined about it on another thread). By the time Windows Restore & Disk Repair put things right, it was quite late so I just did a quick check with CoD on the lower res monitor, restarted my heart, and shut her down. :)

Hopefully tonight I can give it a try when I'm back at my PC. Will keep you posted.

HurricaneDriver
09-15-2011, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the info - had a week of long hours at work and haven't had the opportunity for doing much else! Taken your advice and grabbed both utilities. In Nvidia Inspector how do I tweak the SLI settings for the COD launcher? I don't see any tabs in NI to do that....

http://img.techpowerup.org/110915/nvidia_20110915_213723.png

HurricaneDriver
09-15-2011, 11:36 AM
By the way, how did all this get so heated this week? Take it easy guys! :shock:

ATAG_Snapper
09-15-2011, 12:44 PM
By the way, how did all this get so heated this week? Take it easy guys! :shock:

We touched a nerve with this discussion and it quickly got out of hand. Life is too short for that. Others are free to continue this discussion on SLI in CoD if they wish - but for the sake of peace and good order in this forum, I'm not going there. :rolleyes:

Cataplasma
09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
We touched a nerve with this discussion and it quickly got out of hand. Life is too short for that. Others are free to continue this discussion on SLI in CoD if they wish - but for the sake of peace and good order in this forum, I'm not going there. :rolleyes:

Hey Snapper! I'm waiting for news about your hd monitor with sli setup!

ATAG_Snapper
09-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey Snapper! I'm waiting for news about your hd monitor with sli setup!

That is my next task!

Last night I successfully updated my Nvidia 280.26 driver to the beta 285.27 driver because I was seeing favourable report re SLI. I also used Rick's SLI profile suggestion he posted in another thread which appears to have slightly increased the gpu workload from 45% - 50% to now about 45% - 60/65% (higher over land, less over sea). This is still with my 1680 x 1050 Samsung monitor. (I've been using this monitor as MAIN because it's "3D-ready at 120 MHz" - but it crashes CoD unless I set it to 60 MHz. I needed Fearless Frog's help to reset the freq back to 60 in Softclub's config.ini because the stupid screen was blacked out. Also, I use this screen for video editing chores which is mainly why I've been so slow to switch over to my larger screen at present. Very soon though.)

EDIT: Just switched over to the larger monitor and increased resolution in the C0D video menu to 1920 x 1080 from the previous 1680 x 1050 of the smaller monitor. Fired up C0D and went to Free Flight over England for a quick check, with, as usual, the Precision EVGA utility runnin on the 2nd monitor to keep an eye on GPU performance. Right away I noticed an increase in GPU workload, from the previous 45% - 65% to the now 55% - 90% (depending if I was looking up at the sky (low workload) or the ground while flying at low altitude (high workload)). Fan speed (which is set automatically to increase as temperature rises) immediately kicked in higher but temps remained moderately high at 60 - 70 C (the card placed over the lower one tends to run about 10 C higher). Frame rates were actually better with the larger screen, staying closer to 60 fps with less variance downwards. Perhaps the with the cards working harder they're working more efficiently as well. There remains some slight stuttering with low level flying over landscape. I need to do more flying under various high-load conditions (lots of planes in combat, lots of clouds, lots of explosions, etc.) to really get a feel. Plus I haven't run the single card with the larger monitor, but I don't really intend to muck about any further. I'm hoping that 1C release a specific SLI profile for C0D soon -- perhaps when this beta goes to gold -- to see if greater performance can be achieved.

I do believe Hurricanedriver should try the SLI with Russ' suggested settings in Nvidia Inspector -- hate to leave him hanging from his original post.

HurricaneDriver
09-17-2011, 08:14 AM
How's that done, Snapper? Can you give us a bit of a tutorial?

Edit - Just looked at RickRuski's thread. Edited my profile! Thanks guys.

ATAG_Snapper
09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Great! Let us know how you got on. Rick has done some fantastic work here - quite painstaking to see what works and what doesn't.

When (not if) 1C comes out with a SLI profile for its eventually-optimized code it'll be interesting to see how it compares to Rick's suggestions.

HurricaneDriver
09-20-2011, 12:29 PM
With all of the settings tweaked, I can see by EVGA Precision that both cards are sharing the load. FSX is the smoothest it's ever been, and COD is looking pretty good too. Fantastic work!

ATAG_Snapper
09-20-2011, 08:44 PM
:)