PDA

View Full Version : Weather Effects ?

Thr0tt
09-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Hi,

Not sure but I can't seem to find the realistic weather features where Dover and the surrounding area has real English type weather i.e. some rain ? Is there a setting as the options I have are Clouds = None / Low / Medium or something like that but no weather settings ? Please tell me I'm just being daft and missing the tick box ?

Cheers,

Doc_uk
09-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Thats because its not in the game, but i think its being worked on, but not sure

Blackdog_kt
09-09-2011, 04:28 PM
There is a very rough version of the dynamic weather shipped with the game. It was supposed to be cut until they finalize it, but people asked for it so the included it on a "use at your own risk" basis: it's unoptimized and can cause the sim to crash, but if you really want to experiment with it and see what's in store for the future you can.

Because of its very early stage it's not integrated in the stock missions and campaigns, but you can access it through the mission builder and specify weather conditions for your custom-made missions if you want.

Doc_uk
09-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Has it been stated that there working, or are going to add the weather, rain, thunderstorms in the future?

Chivas
09-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Has it been stated that there working, or are going to add the weather, rain, thunderstorms in the future?

Yes, even the weather systems will move across the map, so the weather will be constantly changing. Although I have no idea how long it will take to implement with people still having performance issues. I'm sure they also other features higher on the priority list.

Thr0tt
09-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks, tried mission builder but it gave me two options either weather map or the same as in game selection, nothing more.

Guess I will wait for that missing part along with the fps they hopefully have found.

furbs
09-09-2011, 08:49 PM
There is a very rough version of the dynamic weather shipped with the game. It was supposed to be cut until they finalize it, but people asked for it so the included it on a "use at your own risk" basis: it's unoptimized and can cause the sim to crash, but if you really want to experiment with it and see what's in store for the future you can.

Because of its very early stage it's not integrated in the stock missions and campaigns, but you can access it through the mission builder and specify weather conditions for your custom-made missions if you want.

I really hope the clouds we have now will not be in CLOD in the future!
I think Luthier said they are not final.

Pato Salvaje
09-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes he said it...
But I fear it´s way down in priority list.