PDA

View Full Version : Another review..

jurg
09-08-2011, 08:58 PM
by IGN this time :confused:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1192618p1.html

louisv
09-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Excellent review, for July 19th version.

skouras
09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
i'll give you a review
the sim rocks 10/10
more going to come :grin:

LoBiSoMeM
09-08-2011, 09:41 PM
i'll give you a review
the sim rocks 10/10
more going to come :grin:

+1

Don't care about these "game experts" reviews.

Stefem
09-08-2011, 09:58 PM
by IGN this time :confused:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1192618p1.html

Someone reviewed CoD in the same period and give to it 4 out of 10, I found the IGN review fair and deep knowledge of the sim genre even if the rating seems a bit weird.

ATAG_Doc
09-08-2011, 10:04 PM
What makes a game expert? Anyone that plays it vs one that doesn't. You my friends are the experts. You judge for yourselves. You have a brain so use it.

icarus
09-08-2011, 10:14 PM
10/10 lmao

machoo
09-08-2011, 10:28 PM
+1

Don't care about these "game experts" reviews.

Unless a game is subscription based , the majority rules and the majority is represented in this review.

kristorf
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Fair review, says it as it was/is at the moment

aus3620
09-08-2011, 11:21 PM
In many aspects a fair review. Although I did not experience Grand Prix Legends (GPL) I thought that was a clever comparison. I thought the line ...

... the fan base enthusiastically implemented modifications, and computer hardware caught up to GPL's potential.

was significant.

I recently upgraded my PC and CLOD plays very nicely. There is no doubt that CLOD pushes the hardware boundaries of many players current machines and that causes much angst! It seems that 1C have set themselves a high standard for where they want to take CLOD. Good on them for doing so, even if financial/business reality causes us some heartburn in the meantime (ie premature release).

The current beta looks like being a major step forward. I know I am enjoying the improvements immensely. Sure, a lot of polishing to go but it is looking pretty good in my humble opinion.

icarus
09-08-2011, 11:48 PM
In many aspects a fair review. Although I did not experience Grand Prix Legends (GPL) I thought that was a clever comparison. .

Except GPL was getting 8-9/10 reviews and was finished on release. Big difference. And yes I've played GPL. CoD has a long way to go to change the bad reviews its been getting. I think it will, but it is a ways out yet.

Blackdog_kt
09-09-2011, 01:04 AM
I think the review is fair and subtly highlights the main problem: too many people being used to the previous IL2 series' highly polished state in its final stages and expecting simply an IL2 with better graphics and sounds.

I'm not saying the release was perfect (far from it), but besides the host of valid issues the rest of the angst comes from a mentality that says "i don't want to upgrade but i don't want to scale the graphics down either, and i certainly don't want to read up on how to make it work, i just want to jump in the cockpit right away and everything should be flawless from then on".

There are valid complaints about the title (which are getting attention and issues are worked on) and non-valid ones that fit the second description. I still remember that poll about texture sizes and most of the people complaining about low FPS were running original size textures (go figure), not to mention mistaking perfectly realistic features for bugs in more than one cases :-P

Personally, i'm glad they decided to make a departure from previous norms even if that meant some things that are taken for granted must take longer to include. This is how innovation happens. The only other way is to have a much bigger supply of cash to hire more people, which we know doesn't apply to our case ;)

icarus
09-09-2011, 01:54 AM
I think the review is fair and subtly highlights the main problem: too many people being used to the previous IL2 series' highly polished state in its final stages and expecting simply an IL2 with better graphics and sounds.

I'm not saying the release was perfect (far from it), but besides the host of valid issues the rest of the angst comes from a mentality that says "i don't want to upgrade but i don't want to scale the graphics down either, and i certainly don't want to read up on how to make it work, i just want to jump in the cockpit right away and everything should be flawless from then on".

There are valid complaints about the title (which are getting attention and issues are worked on) and non-valid ones that fit the second description. I still remember that poll about texture sizes and most of the people complaining about low FPS were running original size textures (go figure), not to mention mistaking perfectly realistic features for bugs in more than one cases :-P

Personally, i'm glad they decided to make a departure from previous norms even if that meant some things that are taken for granted must take longer to include. This is how innovation happens. The only other way is to have a much bigger supply of cash to hire more people, which we know doesn't apply to our case ;)

I agree mostly. Not convinced that the performance issues are all due to cutting edge software yet (I actually run it fairly well, but it runs worse than any other sim or games). I don't see CoD as being that much more comlex or better than DCS A-10, at this time, to warrant the performance difference. Perhaps it will be, but not now. Time will tell on that one. I think a lot of people exaggerate how bad CoD is and some exaggerate how good it is.:P Neither are correct.;)