PDA

View Full Version : Finally you done it !!

Robin2k7
09-07-2011, 05:09 AM
yes i know its a beta patch but you guys were able to made this game on a level i was hope fore .

to be honest with you i give up all hope .

so i installed this beta patch with mix feelings and guess what ?

colors on ground are amazing now , sound is better than i hoped fore
stutters gone , high settings on without any problems , and more and more .

and (believe me its true ) i ask my boss fore a day off , and here i sit around 7 a clock in the morning behind me PC enjoying COD .

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS thank you fore giving my game back !!!

Ze-Jamz
09-07-2011, 07:43 AM
+1 lol

I guess you like it then?

It's a good patch, has introduced a few lil glitches but overall very good

Ataros
09-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Glad you did not give up :)

Do you use RadeonPro for crossfire setup or it works in game with latest patch?

JG52Krupi
09-07-2011, 08:45 AM
What ate your setting dude pseudo or fullscreen etc?

Mango
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I have to agree, the magic is back!!

This is truly the first time I've enjoyed CoD as much as Forgotten battles. The new sound is great, colors are beautiful, and it plays smooooooooth!!

Robin2k7
09-07-2011, 08:15 PM
What ate your setting dude pseudo or full screen etc?

full screen ... i do not using Radeon Pro for crossfire because i cant get a grip on it , sometimes it feels i use the right settings and than suddenly...
right now i use my ati settings , and it works good .

it can only get better and i am sure it will :grin:

JG52Krupi
09-07-2011, 08:18 PM
full screen ... i do not using Radeon Pro for crossfire because i cant get a grip on it , sometimes it feels i use the right settings and than suddenly...
right now i use my ati settings , and it works good .

it can only get better and i am sure it will :grin:

Could you give me some more detail.

My game has had a decrease, I have all but ground shadows set to high and on fullscreen I cant get fps above 25 :(

Back to pseudo until I can get it to work :(

ATAG_Doc
09-07-2011, 08:54 PM
You didn't ask your boss for a day off you called in sick didn't you? :-)

Robin2k7
09-07-2011, 11:13 PM
dont know you are using ati ??

skouras
09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
one thing that i love is the gauges on the 109 how realistic it looks now

JG52Krupi
09-08-2011, 01:33 PM
dont know you are using ati ??

Yes.

Fullscreen 15-28fps

Pseudo 35-50fps

Ataros
09-08-2011, 02:52 PM
One of the devs mentioned today that fullscreen should be tried to make crossfire work (and the OP post confirms this). Also NV promised them to make a profile for CloD but did not give any ETA of cause.

Ataros
09-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Yes.

Fullscreen 15-28fps

Pseudo 35-50fps

You may have worse performance in fullscreen because vsynk works only in fullscreen IIRC.

Try disabling vsynk both in game AND in drivers. If it helps consider enabling triple buffering if you need vsynk.

Same may be the case with FSAA. Try disabling it for a test.

Check that your Windows powersaving options are disabled completely and nothing runs in background (try Gamebooster). My defrag software somehow did not recognized CloD as a running application in fullscreen and started to defrag before it was disabled by Gamebooster. Same can happen with indexing services, autoupdates, etc.

JG52Krupi
09-08-2011, 06:18 PM
You may have worse performance in fullscreen because vsynk works only in fullscreen IIRC.

Try disabling vsynk both in game AND in drivers. If it helps consider enabling triple buffering if you need vsynk.

Same may be the case with FSAA. Try disabling it for a test.

Check that your Windows powersaving options are disabled completely and nothing runs in background (try Gamebooster). My defrag software somehow did not recognized CloD as a running application in fullscreen and started to defrag before it was disabled by Gamebooster. Same can happen with indexing services, autoupdates, etc.

Did everything you said (no gamebooster) and started getting 40-60fps smooth as a babies bum.

Next flight 15-25 fps :| I always get this.

naz
09-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I was having the same issues as you With my ATi 5970 Krupi...Have always had to run in Pseudo mode for acceptable playability (and in Full screen mode I got that awful degradation of performance from one mission to the next as you mentioned). Like some others, this beta patch gave me worse performance (and I tried full screen again for the xfire with the dual GPUs which was even worse).

I have finally given up on the whole Dual GPU/xfire and today bought a 3 gig nvidia 580.

Despite the poorer performance on my 5970, the beta patch (which I think is fantastic overall) confirmed my opinion that the game is heading in the right direction, so I don't mind shelling out the cash for a new card. From what I read (and from my own experience with other games) CoD is not the only game that the 5970 fails to be fully utilized with. I will be sticking with single GPU cards for the foreseeable future I think, much less hassle.

Anyway, the 580 performs outstandingly....almost everything on max (at 1920x1200) with smooth gameplay...even Track IR is way smoother now. I was just flying a rooftop level over London with the a lowest FPS of about 35 or so. Unreal. I'm still smiling.

Clouds still chew up the frames but I am quite happy to have changed video cards now, all things considered.

JG52Krupi
09-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I was having the same issues as you With my ATi 5970 Krupi...Have always had to run in Pseudo mode for acceptable playability. Like some others, this beta patch gave me worse performance (and I tried full screen again for the xfire with the dual GPUs which was even worse).

I have finally given up on the whole Dual GPU/xfire and today bought a 3 gig nvidia 580.

Despite the poorer performance on my 5970, the beta patch (which I think is fantastic overall) confirmed my opinion that the game is heading in the right direction, so I don't mind shelling out the cash for a new card. From what I read (and from my own experience with other games) CoD is not the only game that the 5970 fails to be fully utilized with. I will be sticking with single GPU cards for the foreseeable future I think, much less hassles.

Anyway, the 580 performs outstandingly....almost everything on max (at 1920x1200) with smooth gameplay...even Track IR is way smoother now. I was just flying a rooftop level over London with the a lowest FPS of about 35 or so. Unreal. I'm still smiling.

Clouds still chew up the frames but I am quite happy to have changed video cards now, all things considered.

Dude great minds think alike :D I too have been looking at the 580 3GB but I have already spent over £2000 (New/first PC Warthog Joystick and waiting for a Tarmac Aces KG13, YEAH SEE look how big my balls are and clearly how small my brain is ;) ) for this game (maybe one or others I admit) and the 5970 is a bloody bloody good card. So if I were to buy a new card I would wait for the 680 ;).

naz
09-08-2011, 06:54 PM
lol, I think my brain may be even smaller than yours...knowing me I will probably go out and buy a 680 even if it is released next week..I am seriously stupid.;)

Rextar
09-08-2011, 06:55 PM
The shore now looks amazing, and my f3 key to hear the 109 do a flypast is wearing out!!

JG52Krupi
09-08-2011, 06:57 PM
lol, I think my brain may be even smaller than yours...knowing me I will probably go out and buy a 680 even if it is released next week..I am seriously stupid.;)

LOL I will take your word for it.

I just cleared out my cache and yes my fps jump back up to 60 :( they need to sort the leak out there.

P.S. What is online gaming like in Oz (COD specifically), I have been considering emigrating for the past few months but need to get 1 or 2 more years experience.

Ataros
09-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Next flight 15-25 fps :| I always get this.

Maybe your ATI game profile loads some settings automatically. Performance can not be different from flight to flight without a reason :)

JG52Krupi
09-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Maybe your ATI game profile loads some settings automatically. Performance can not be different from flight to flight without a reason :)

See last comment.

"I just cleared out my cache and yes my fps jump back up to 60... they need to sort the leak out there."

Any advice?

P.S. By net flight I meant like crashing in sp and reloading.

naz
09-08-2011, 07:10 PM
LOL I will take your word for it.

I just cleared out my cache and yes my fps jump back up to 60 :( they need to sort the leak out there.

P.S. What is online gaming like in Oz (COD specifically), I have been considering emigrating for the past few months but need to get 1 or 2 more years experience.

To be honest mate, I haven't really taken the leap into online gaming...I've just dabbled from time to time (mostly with shooters like team fortress 2). The problem over here is that we (or at least I) tend to get relatively high pings when using an overseas server. A game like TF2 has plenty of Australian players and servers so I got very good gameplay then, but whenever I tried to play the old IL2 online I was invariably in an overseas server and the gameplay could be frustrating at times. but as I said, I have never really given it a good try so I may well be wrong on that..it may have just been me.

I have noticed one or two Australian servers noted on this board so i think i will give it a go over the weekend though, especially now I can run the game so smoothly offline.

I remember my first time online in the old IL2 many years ago I was so proud of myself when I got a single kill...Iwas telling a workmate about it and he just had to ask the question..."how many times did you get shot down?".... 27! LOL. I do remember it was great fun though, so yes, I had better give it a proper go sooner rather than later.

Robin2k7
09-09-2011, 04:39 AM
See last comment.

"I just cleared out my cache and yes my fps jump back up to 60... they need to sort the leak out there."

Any advice?

P.S. By net flight I meant like crashing in sp and reloading.

fore now is use the RadeonPro tool and it works pritty good , i get around 45 fps on land .

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1046/95785596.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/30/95785596.jpg/)

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/8536/75627744.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/75627744.jpg/)

Geronimo989
09-09-2011, 05:17 PM
I am loving the new beta patch! Performance increased dramatically! Now I can turn up almost all settings to high. And colors are much more natural.
And I'm loving the 109 E-4. Those minengeschoss are evil!

Robin2k7
09-09-2011, 06:08 PM
yep pritty cool he !! :-P