PDA

View Full Version : ESC'ing from Mission always shuts down COD

DoolittleRaider
09-07-2011, 03:55 AM
I am having trouble with Steam ...when I exit a Mission using the ESC key, the COD game shuts down and flips me immediately to the Steam account Library, where I have to re-start COD from scratch.
Any advice on what i may have done wrong will be appreciated.

Ohhh..also...this situation appears to be the same whether I have indicated on Steam that I will be offline, or connected to internet.
[By the Way, I am strictly an OFFline CODder, if that matters. Never multiplay.]

NedLynch
09-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Was it like that before that patch as well?
Strange indeed, I think it's the first time I read about the game taking someone back to the steam library, back to the desktop yes.
Very rarely the game takes me to the desktop, I press ESC again and I am back in the cockpit, press ESC again and I get to the menu.
How are you launching the game, via the library or the desktop shortcut?
Maybe disable steam community in game via the game's options menu in steam (right click on the game title in the library, you probably know that anyway).
Also maybe turn on your task manager and see if the launcher still runs when the game takes you back to the library.
I had it at times that I exited the game, started again, exited again and in the task manager I had the launcher running listed twice.

von Pilsner
09-07-2011, 04:22 AM
I have that problem when I run the game at a resolution lower than my monitors native resolution.