PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou Devs, A wonderful patch

Ze-Jamz
09-06-2011, 06:14 PM
And you deserve acknowledgment for your hard work..

As Ive stated before I don't care what happened before or why, what i care about is this sim progressing and I for one love the new patch..

A big Thankyou from me

ATAG_Septic
09-06-2011, 06:17 PM

As Ive stated before I don't care what happened before or why, what i care about is this sim progressing and I for one love the new patch..

A big Thankyou from me

Thanks also from me for your hard work.

capt vertigo
09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Same here, fellas..

This is going to be the sim of all sims someday, and I for one appreciate your devotion , creativity and hard work..

You can count on me for your support for the years to come..

Mike

Ekar
09-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I haven't downloaded the patch yet.

I'm just happy that others are happy.

So I'll say thanks, too. :)

skouras
09-06-2011, 09:56 PM

A big Thankyou from me

i'm with you
Bravo ;-)

smink1701
09-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Luthier and Team...

This is great news for the IL2 franchise. Thanks for your efforts.

Winger
09-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I agree! Very good work. Keep it up and this game will be the benchmark in this genre very soon.

Winger

Vengeanze
09-06-2011, 10:19 PM
You guys didn't read the buglist did you!?

Ze-Jamz
09-06-2011, 10:25 PM
You guys didn't read the buglist did you!?

Yes we did but we were not reporting bugs now were we..?

Vengeanze
09-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Yes we did but we were not reporting bugs now were we..?

Sorry. Just p!$$3d I can't celebrate with you. Have fun. :-(
But I might be back. Reinstalling.

JG1_Luckystrike
09-06-2011, 10:28 PM
whats the matter ?

Ze-Jamz
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Sorry. Just p!$$3d I can't celebrate with you. Have fun. :-(
But I might be back. Reinstalling.

Sry mate.didnt mean to jump on yer... :)

You having probs then?

Ali Fish
09-06-2011, 10:46 PM
indeed i concur, wonderfull patch !

in terms of performance its very hidden, no more fps, but so much better performance. its running all together smoother and better. :-D

ive re installed today, launched at previous version. shut down , deleted 1C softclub folder, applied beta patch, launched the game.

Tree_UK
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Best patch by far, had a lot of fun flying tonight. Still alot more stuff to fix but a very big step in the right direction. :grin:

SEE
09-07-2011, 12:28 AM

A big Thankyou from me

+1

Loving it ....just spent a fab couple of hours on the ATAG server and whilst the Blues get the E4 - the Reds have the Spit Mk11a. Hope it stays that way! :grin:

skouras
09-07-2011, 07:44 AM
have to agree with you guys
better than i was though :-D

Icebear
09-07-2011, 07:45 AM

A big Thankyou from me

+1

JG5_emil
09-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Massive step in the right direction. The sounds are wonderful and together with the terrain they've made the sim so much more immersive.

I love the tracers and smoke trails and strangely I seem to be shooting better. Flew several quick missions last night and I was grinning from ear to ear.

Looking forward to seeing an improved AI!

JG5_emil
09-07-2011, 01:10 PM

Totally agree

They deserve thanks for their hard work :D

Ploughman
09-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Have to agree with the OP. Visually much better, and it runs so much better on my antiquated rig. The sounds are much improved, certainly the 109 sounds fabulous, the Merlins less so but are much improved. A quantum leap in quality and performance.

Raggz
09-07-2011, 02:24 PM
The patch is stunning. Not only are the new sounds incredible but the whole look and feel of the game is great. It almost feels like a new game.
Now i manage to clip the wings of fighters to. The team has redeemed themselves :)

icarus
09-07-2011, 02:35 PM
This patch is a big improvement. Stunning might be a bit of an exaggeration, but a good step forward it is. There is a lot of work to do yet and we need patience.

AA needs to be fixed next as the terrible shimmering really ruins the look of the game even on 2650 x 1600 res.

David198502
09-07-2011, 02:38 PM
thank you devs.big step forwards.

Jotaele
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM
This patch represent not only a great improve for the game, but a a great feel in the mentality of the product that its a great news. This patch means is not assumed any aspect of the simulator as untouchable, so it can be improved.In example i would like to see CEM to be improved nearly as good as accusim, or AA and flikering shadow to be corrected in the future.
GW! thx.

Triggaaar
09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
had a lot of fun flying tonightHell froze over

RCAF_FB_Orville
09-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I generally agree lads, good stuff and credit where its due. Flying over England is actually pleasurable now, as opposed to the previous neon-lsd shrek world nightmare of yester-yore lol. :grin:

Not sold on the Merlins as of yet, 109's sound great. Beta of course, hoping for further improvements still. I'd have to echo the sentiments of a lot here who feel the haze is perhaps a tad overdone, but overall very pleasing, onwards and upwards chaps. ;)

Think the new fire effects need a bit working on too, they seem a bit 'disembodied' and unconvincing at times, particularly the 'lingering' burning incendiary rounds effect on aircraft. Ditto for the new muzzle flashes, especially on the 109 MG's. Sound for Spit/Hurri guns seems too drowned out? I do have a hearing disability though and wear an aid, so I'm probably not best placed to judge lol. Wondering if its just me? I struggle with hearing Radio comms too, and dislike having chat clutter the screen. Maybe I'll have to reconsider that.

Keep up the good work though and cheers! Don't want to be too critical as they are definitely going in the right direction. :)

Spinfx
09-08-2011, 01:11 AM
Very Good work. Thanks to the DEV team.

Spinfx

Mr Greezy
09-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Is SLI working?

(sorry, out of town until next week so I can't try it out for myself)