PDA

View Full Version : Patching instructions...

capt vertigo
09-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Heeeey gents, just stopped off at the homestead for lunch, and spotted the patch!! Yaaaaay!

I sorta suck at computer stuff. So, can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to install this puppy so I can get off the ground as soon as my day is over.. (Yeah, I gotta go back to work.. )

Anyways, I know there is some defragging involved, and I can probably muddle my way thru..

However, I can't remember how things work when patch goes gold and is Steamed in automatically, will it successfully overwrite any patching/muddling I do today..?

Thx in advance, :cool:

Mike

JG52Krupi
09-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Just copy and paste the items in to the install area :D and hit okay to all the replaces etc...

You may want to make a copy of the game before hand if you don't want to download the game again ;)

capt vertigo
09-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Thx Krupl, but pretend I am seven years old..

I just got the dl..

It is sitting in the winzip window, how should I extract.. To desktop..? The copy paste..?

Also, if I don't copy game, will Steam overwrite on next dl..?

Or is that where the backup copy is required..?

Sorry so many questions, but I sometimes lose hours of my life screwin round with stuff that should only take moments for most people.. LOL

Mike

ChiefRedCloud
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
@ JG52Krupi or Whomever ..... To add to the question que started by capt vertigo/Mike where is the "INSTALL AREA"?

@ capt vertigo/Mike I assume you just unpack it (unzip or unrar) it to a folder (to keep things tidy and neet) and your desk top should be fine. As to where it goes then, see my question above ..... :confused:

Norseman
09-06-2011, 06:53 PM
A good and important one by Blackdog KT here :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23971

~s~

ChiefRedCloud
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks Norseman .... this was a great help ;)

1./JG2_Miller
09-06-2011, 10:00 PM
You can also use JSGME for beta patches. I do this since the first beta patch was released about a week after the game hit the shelves.

1.) Download JSGME (http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products/jsgme_setup.exe)
2.) Install it into your game folder
3.) Create a folder called MODS in your game folder
4.) In this MODS folder create another folder called IL2COD_15527 or however you want to call it :grin:
5.) Extract the patch files into this folder
6.) The folder should now contain the following:

09062011 Beta Readme.txt
Launcher.exe.config
parts
PaintSchemes

6.) Run JSGME (you'll find it in your game folder)
7.) Select your created folder from the left list and click the upper arrow in the middle pointing to the right
8.) Watch the bar in the lower right corner progress
9.) When it finished close JSGME and run the game

If you want to disable it again simply do the following:

1.) Run JSGME
2.) Select the patch folder from the right list
3.) Click the middle arrow pointing to the left
4.) Watch the bar progress
5.) When it finished close JSGME and run the game

That way you dont have to backup your whole game every time a new patch comes out :-P

capt vertigo
09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Thanks dudes.. :)

Long day at work, but when I get home in a couple hours I should have enuf brainpower left to tackle the patch..

Mike