PDA

View Full Version : I like it

Doc_uk
09-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Sounds are way better, the colors are better, not to keen on all the haze
Im nearly maxed out,on my graphics and im getting only small amounts of micro stutters
The flickering shadows are still there, but its hard to notice them, Now
Also like to add i can hardly hear my gun sounds in the spitfire, not sure if this is right or not
Thank you

mazex
09-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Sounds are way better, the colors are better, not to keen on all the haze
Im nearly maxed out,on my graphics and im getting only small amounts of micro stutters
The flickering shadows are still there, but its hard to notice them, Now
Thank you

I agree - the sounds where as good as we had hoped for but I must say the new lighting was more of a difference than I had thought! The game runs really well on my rig but it did so before too. I don't think it runs better in terms of FPS though so the ones on older rigs will still suffer I guess...

Thanks a lot Ilya and the team - it feels like a new game...

Doc_uk
09-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Flickering shadows are very noticable when on the ground
Plus plz, add an option so we can up the pilot voice more
Just been doing the training mission, and with voice up as high as it goes its still hard to hear him:(

bisher
09-06-2011, 06:12 PM
So do you know what the big surprise is?

Ze-Jamz
09-06-2011, 06:17 PM

Its not here yet mate

naz
09-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I've only had a quick fly .. in one of the new 109s and once in a spit. So far I am very impressed, well done team, it seems a great improvement. Love the new sounds and the great new graphical look.

There are several additional squad commands seemingly available. I have not tested them in any detail but many seem to still not work yet? ...I ordered my squad to RTB but they still stayed in formation, at least this time however, they did not follow me into the ground and crash when I landed...as they approached the ground, they all zoomed up and flew off...definitely an improvement in that regard! lol.

Anyway, I did not really test that in any depth, so it may have been me not using the commands correctly, we'll see. ;)

I cant wait to really test it all over the weekend.

:grin: ;)

Well done guys, thanks for the continued support. Looking forward to the future with this sim.

S!

Vengeanze
09-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Quick test. Black death and cross-country with a SpitI.

Sounds are great but static. Open/close canopy = same sound. When parachute the sound is still there.

Love the .303 sound.

I've lost an average of 5 fps with this patch. I will have to lower settings to be able to fly. Stutter still there. Friggin sux.

Going back in for more testing. Man, I feel down. My fps are on the edge and this patch..feck!!

Ataros
09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
I've lost an average of 5 fps with this patch. I will have to lower settings to be able to fly. Stutter still there. Friggin sux.

Going back in for more testing. Man, I feel down. My fps are on the edge and this patch..feck!!

Make sure you defrag game files after installation.

Kankkis
09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
For me not bad stutter anymore over the London, much smoother, i love new sounds, very powerfull, cannot hear enough wingman speech when my volume is high.

ChocsAway
09-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Very nice patch for me. FPS seem about the same but it 'feels' smoother. Really like the landscape and sounds.

I hope they fix the AI F16 rolling capabilities soon!!

Looking good though. Many thanks Luthier and team :) Keep it up guys ;-)

Tavingon
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Its good I like the new .303 patch, think it might need more bite

Fjordmonkey
09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Definately like it. As Chocs said, it seems smoother now. Plus that the E4 is a dream to fly.

Vengeanze
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Make sure you defrag game files after installation.

I cleared the cache but don't dare to defrag as I'm on OSX with W7 on Boot Camp. Pretty sure a defrag in either os would mess with the other one. :-D

Still robbed of 5 fps avg. Gonna do a reinstall before I go the "feck this game" route. :-)

von Pilsner
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
I like the looks of everything (and the sounds are nice too).

I am getting ~8-10 fps less and more micro stutters when flying low.

I cleared cache and defragged game directory and fps drop/stutter remains.

I'm still getting blocky water :D (nVidia 430 GPU) other than that it all looks great, I assume performance will probably increase over time as code is optimized.

http://bs.beckament.net/files_pub/FlightSim/IL2CloD/waterblocks.png

Doc_uk
09-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes the games working now:rolleyes:

Fjordmonkey
09-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Yes the games working now:rolleyes:

Damnit, Doc! You owe me a new keyboard! Just snarfed a good gulp of Lager out through my nose.....

:P

Doc_uk
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Damnit, Doc! You owe me a new keyboard! Just snarfed a good gulp of Lager out through my nose.....

:Plol

JG1_Luckystrike
09-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Thx u soooo much, Fantastic sound, i really love the new colors, its a completely new game now!!!

I love u guys