why the 1 and 9 combination?

i mean i see it too often

porsche 911

911 emergency numbers

9-11-2001

so why 109 and 190?

albx
09-06-2011, 05:50 AM
Why you keep creating such threads here and not in pilot's lounge? Sorry but sometimes you really seems a spammer or something like that

yeah myself i get normally banned in most forums but aviation ones and if you think theres no real reason for that but lack of freedom of speech

I understand why they ban you then :D

Paxx
09-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Because the other numbers (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,) are surrounded by 0,1, and 9 and are held hostage due to the German leibthemalone tradition popular at the time for naming fighter aircraft. The ME 163 and 262 broke with this tradition after the deer ran free at night on the moor.

Porsche, American Law Enforcement, Calendars-Are-Us and terrorists resumed the tradition because of complaints from the International Brotherhood of Numbers Two thru Eight about intellectual property and trademark concerns.

justme262
09-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Paxx you have been lurking silently in here for years waiting for someone else to bring this up... haven't you? ;)

And Raaaid I wonder if you may be suffering from novel form of Wernicks aphasia. Flight sim forum aphasia...
I'm pronbably I'm not the first to mention this to you though I am?

Prop~Strike
09-06-2011, 06:37 AM
Paxx...... for a first post that's gold ;)

Raaaid..... not to be rude, but is there any chance you may be slightly retarded? :)

Moderator Edit: Watch your manners guys and stay off the personal attacks.

ARM505
09-06-2011, 07:12 AM

Raaaid..... not to be rude, but is there any chance you may be slightly retarded? :)

I think we can safely rule out any 'chance' - myth confirmed! ;)

JG5_emil
09-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Lol

trumps
09-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Great post Paxx ;)
Raaid, put your tinfoil hat back on and go away, there may be young and impressionable kids that read this forum and I would hate for any of them to be corrupted by your idiocy!!!

Craig

raaaid
09-06-2011, 07:36 AM
well its obvious why the name of the spit fire but what about the 109 and 190?

SG1_Lud
09-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Fortunately Raaaid alone can deal with this so I dont feel for him.

The last 4 post are unnecesarily offensive. And to the one pretending to be protecting kids that kind of comments, it is just that kind of comments and mocking on someone that should not be taught to kids.

Bye

raaaid
09-06-2011, 07:40 AM
haha i wont even report it:

once a blully swowhs up the reas appear like flowers in spring

retarded aphasic, whatever that means

come on please dont feed the trolls

pleas some one why 109 and 190 names :)

Bewolf
09-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Fortunately Raaaid alone can deal with this so I dont feel for him.

The last 4 post are unnecesarily offensive. And to the one pretending to be protecting kids that kind of comments, it is just that kind of comments and mocking on someone that should not be taught to kids.

Bye

+1

Raaaid is an institution. As odd he may appear, I never saw him offend anybody. Can't be said of a couple posters here.

raaaid
09-06-2011, 07:48 AM
but dont you think its a coincidence main fighters were 109 and 190?

im just being curious

was it the model by order or what

esmiol
09-06-2011, 08:05 AM
it is the name of the prototype; the first was the 109 because the 109 was devellop with the same technique his predecessor 108.

after the 109 is not the same builder. 109 is messerchmidt. and 190 is Fock wulf.

the fact that O,1,and 9 compose their name... is just a coincidence...

and the 190 and 109 was not the only fighter of the war... just the most know..

just find google or wiki and you will find a lot of infos!

raaaid
09-06-2011, 08:10 AM
oh so its a coincidence after all thanks for the info

tried to google but couldnt figure it out

esmiol
for exemple the real name of the spitfire... the first.. is the supermarin type 300

Trumper
You would be better asking on a forum where real life aviation is dealt with rather than a gaming/sim one if you really want to know the answer.:)

esmiol
09-06-2011, 08:13 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Supermarine_Spitfire_Protoype_K5054_Unpainted.jpg

is it a spitfire? yes the prototype K5054. but in my opinion spitfire is easyer to remind than K5054 :)

Kurfürst
09-06-2011, 08:20 AM
why the 1 and 9 combination?

i mean i see it too often

porsche 911

911 emergency numbers

9-11-2001

so why 109 and 190?

LOL.

Seriously dude, I believe it was just numbers issued in order by the Imperial Air Ministry to various aircraft projects.

adonys
09-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, here we go:

RLM aircraft list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RLM_aircraft)
RLM aircraft designation ystem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RLM_aircraft_designation_system)
RLM aircraft by manufacturer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RLM_aircraft_by_manufacturer)

The explanation is simple: The RLM (Reichsluftfahrtministerium - German Air Ministry) via the Heereswaffenamt used a serial numbering for all the military and civilian aircraft projects.

Rickusty
09-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah Raaaid, you're right, damn us.

And now tell us : why almost all US weapons were / are called the M.1?

Think of the Garand, the Abrams, the Carbine, the helmet, the Thompson etc etc etc...

Smells like a conspiracy there...

Cheers

BadgerSmedly
09-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Raaid, I think that it's a coincidence mate. I don't think they knew the 109 or 190 would've been as successfull as they were and as important to us as subject matter. If they were discontinued after say 1942 and superceeded by the Me150 and the Fw500 I think we've be having a different conversation.

Keep 'em coming!

Ploughman
09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Yeah Raaaid, you're right, damn us.

And now tell us : why almost all US weapons were / are called the M.1?

Think of the Garand, the Abrams, the Carbine, the helmet, the Thompson etc etc etc...

Smells like a conspiracy there...

Cheers

And who ever is responsible for USN aircraft type numbering was a vicious sadist.

Prop~Strike
09-06-2011, 03:19 PM

Really? A bit touchy aren't we?....... in Australia when you give someone some light hearted stick it means you're mates!
Raaaid didn't seem hurt by it.

Didn't anyone notice the smiley after the sentence....geez:rolleyes:

capt vertigo
09-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Hmmm...

I think maybe Paxx is Raaid, and he is answering his own question..

Multiple identities are common amongst great thinkers and idiot savants..

Aren't they, Mike..?
Why yes, Mike, I do believe they are..

Mike

Paxx
09-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Paxx is definitely not Raaid.

Paxx is well known on another aviation sim forum.

Paxx does however have a sense of humor when answering forum idiots and trolls.

Paxx was also a bit drunk when responding (US holiday at the time, not that I need that excuse), hence the drawn out edits to fix typos.

With Paxx you can expect a knowledgeable accurate answer to software and hardware questions.

Paxx may also insult you and piss you off, although by carefully reading what is said you will see that he is right.

And that my friends is how Paxx rolls - Hi.

Off to the patch, see ya.