PDA

View Full Version : The shaders folder

Doc_uk
09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Can anybody tell me, what is the shader folder for, and why there are so many files in there, and what they do?
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders

Strike
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Can anybody tell me, what is the shader folder for, and why there are so many files in there, and what they do?
C:\Users\xxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders

have you heard of blackdog_kt?

Edit:

After spending 10 seconds using the search function located at the top of the page I found it after typing "shaders" and it's among the top hits. (It's the 7th option from the left, 2nd from the right and says "SEARCH" and has a small arrow pointing down from it, but don't mistake it from "Qlinks" which also has an arrow.)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23971&highlight=cache+shaders

Think about the environment of the forums. Don't litter it - Use search ;)

Doc_uk
09-05-2011, 02:48 PM
have you heard of blackdog_kt?Huh? no lol:)

SG1_Lud
09-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Is a mean man, he usually post no more than a word maybe two.

:D

Strike
09-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Is a mean man, he usually post no more than a word maybe two.

:D

the silent type ;)

Ailantd
09-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Quick explained shaders are bits of code to be processed by the gpu ( located in graphic video card ) that usually controls pixel colors and mesh calculations.

Doc_uk
09-05-2011, 03:44 PM
have you heard of blackdog_kt?

Edit:

After spending 10 seconds using the search function located at the top of the page I found it after typing "shaders" and it's among the top hits. (It's the 7th option from the left, 2nd from the right and says "SEARCH" and has a small arrow pointing down from it, but don't mistake it from "Qlinks" which also has an arrow.)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23971&highlight=cache+shaders

Think about the environment of the forums. Don't litter it - Use search ;)
If its about the game, then im sorry, but i will post it hear, and while your talking about litter, you might want to check all the other pointless, useless threads

Doc_uk
09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Quick explained shaders are bits of code to be processed by the gpu ( located in graphic video card ) that usually controls pixel colors and mesh calculations. Thank you

09-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Someone tell deleting the content (files only, not folders) can help with performances, after a patch.

Sorry for my english...

Ze-Jamz
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Someone tell deleting the content (files only, not folders) can help with performances, after a patch.

Sorry for my english...

Just delete everything in Cache folder...the game will rebuild folder and files :)

skouras
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
it will aytomatically updated after the steam intalls a patch

Jaws2002
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
The reason you have those "shaders" in the cache folder is so that next time you fly in the same area, the game doesn't have to generate all those shaders again. Just grabs them from the cache folder.
Is good idea to clear the cache after you change some graphics settings so the game can generate new textured based on the new video settings.

I don't delete the skins from the cache unless something about how skins are handled changed. I don't want the game to download all of them again when i go online.

Doc_uk
09-05-2011, 05:31 PM
The reason you have those "shaders" in the cache folder is so that next time you fly in the same area, the game doesn't have to generate all those shaders again. Just grabs them from the cache folder.
Is good idea to clear the cache after you change some graphics settings so the game can generate new textured based on the new video settings.

I don't delete the skins from the cache unless something about how skins are handled changed. I don't want the game to download all of them again when i go online.Thats better put, thanks Jaws:)

NedLynch
09-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Right, delete everything in the folder and the subfolder, not the folder or subfolder itself.
It is supposed to give you a performance increase by doing this little clean up, however when you first fly a mission due to the game rebuilding the folders you may notice slight stutters, the increase will come, according to forum posts, when you fly for a second time.
I did it, but I think its more of a valid thing after for example a patch (clean out the old stuff and rebuild with the newest), since I bought the game with the last patch already on it it didn't really make much of a difference for me.

If I may ask, and yes it's of topic, how do you like that water cooler, doc?
I know you must like it otherwise you wouldn't have it :rolleyes:, just asking, a bit torn right now between buying a Noctua NH D14 or a little watercooler like you have.

And I have to agree, don't worry about cluttering the forum. You have a question, so ask, maybe others have the same question as well and instead of digging around there are actually people here who are willing to answer to their best knowledge, even if it has been asked before and not sit on a high horse and tell people to go shooo, you are not worthy.
Remember, the higher the horse the harder the fall.

Jaws2002
09-05-2011, 06:25 PM
the Noctua cooler is HUGE. I mean really HUGE.:lol:

It's almost touching the side panel in my Antec 900. You better have a big case for it. I had to change the corsair memory to G.Skill, because it wouldn't fit under the cooler block.

NedLynch
09-05-2011, 06:28 PM
the Noctua cooler is HUGE. I mean really HUGE.:lol:

Is almost touching the side panel in my Antec 900. You better have a big case for it.

HAF 922, looked on their website and MB is ok, RAM is ok, I do expect to have to take ou the door fan though.

Jaws2002
09-05-2011, 06:38 PM
There's not too much clearance under that Noctua big block, so it could interfere with the memory. If the memory has big heat sink you may not be able to instal the cooler.

Doc_uk
09-05-2011, 06:40 PM
NedLynch
At the moment i cant fault the water cooler, does what it says on the tin :)
Best thing about it is the fans and radiator are noway near it, so theres plenty of room
Plus i keep'd my thermaltake armor case, from my old build, so i got plenty of room, for now

NedLynch
09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks jaws,:grin:, I might have the same memory like you, at least I have the same brand and speed and in Noctuas's compatability list all of gskill's memory, has a green check mark as well as my mobo (guess the backplate couts here) and they have even all of the new AM3+ boards listed as compatible.

Sorry, didn't mean to go so far off topic.

NedLynch
09-05-2011, 06:44 PM
NedLynch
At the moment i cant fault the water cooler, does what it says on the tin :)

Must be good too, you have a pretty serious overclock there, very nice.

Ahhh, decisions, decisions :grin:

KG26_Alpha
09-05-2011, 06:47 PM
And I have to agree, don't worry about cluttering the forum. You have a question, so ask, maybe others have the same question as well and instead of digging around there are actually people here who are willing to answer to their best knowledge, even if it has been asked before and not sit on a high horse and tell people to go shooo, you are not worthy.
Remember, the higher the horse the harder the fall.

The search functions on these forums are a necessary first place to look for information.

Repeat postings requesting information already on the forums is a waste of bandwith, the search function is there for a reason.

Also information becomes fragmented across the Technical section stickies above, and the general board here below them.

Using search then posting in the relevant section keeps all enquiries and answers in one place.

Its in the rules guide also.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=1874

7. Double posting (posting similar content) of threads (topics) is prohibited. Before starting a new topic please use the search function (see here) to ensure that such a discussion was not held before. Topics which double existing threads will be locked and deleted.