PDA

View Full Version : Blood spatter in the cockpit to denote pilot injury but not dismemberment of body?

Mysticpuma
09-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Taking a lead from Krupi's post I hope that this makes sense to those who voted yes to Gore.

I don't actually see the need to have parts of a pilot blown off and currently that is not an option in the cockpit view as you don't have a body!

However when the pilot gets injured would it be of use to have a blood spatter inside the cockpit and from external view be able to see this effect with maybe a bloodied pilot?

As I mention, there is no-need to have a pilot model eviscerated however a visible indication that the pilot is injured may be of use to team-player's when looking across at the pilot and seeing if it's just his aircraft that is damaged or if the pilot/crew-member is injured?

Cheers, MP

SNAFU
09-05-2011, 11:06 AM
IMO a waste of time. You can already see if a gunner is dead and if you get satisfaction by blood splatter you should consider a visit to your local psychiatrist.

MoGas
09-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I guess it is the last thing for me in the row as well, to see in a SIM....1c should focus on more important aspects, then this..

sorak
09-05-2011, 11:16 AM
IMO a waste of time. You can already see if a gunner is dead and if you get satisfaction by blood splatter you should consider a visit to your local psychiatrist.

So should we all go see a 'psychiatrist' also because we love the Damage Model of the planes when we blow them up to pieces?

SNAFU
09-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Don´t you think your analogy is a little off?

Or do you really regard beating a human to a bloody mash with bat as the same fun as wrecking an old car with a bat?

I thought CoD is a simulation of planes and aerial combat, but maybe I was wrong. :confused:

sorak
09-05-2011, 11:59 AM
Don´t you think your analogy is a little off?

Or do you really regard beating a human to a bloody mash with bat as the same fun as wrecking an old car with a bat?

I thought CoD is a simulation of planes and aerial combat, but maybe I was wrong. :confused:

Sorry to confuse you so easily. Its a simulation of Flight and aerial combat. And gore was apart of that. Just like weather and wind which is also part of the simulation.

ATAG_Dutch
09-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Voted erm....naaaaah.

Although the blood spattered goggles, red peripheral vision and silence followed by a gradual return of sound in RoF make me feel more wounded than the gradual fade to red in CoD.

Other aircraft doesn't matter to me at all.

Rjel
09-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Blood on the cockpit as in IL2 doesn't bother me at all. It doesn't stir my blood lust, understanding it is just a game.

Ze-Jamz
09-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Voted yes for a bit of Blood, nothing more

1./JG2_Miller
09-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Voted yes for a bit of Blood, nothing more

+1

ElAurens
09-05-2011, 02:51 PM
MP, I can understand this from your point of view as a movie maker, from my perspective as an online pilot there really does need to be a way to indicate that you are "wounded" if that does happen. So I suppose your suggestion is a valid one.

It would be really helpful currently as there are no sounds to indicate that you are taking enemy fire.

Jaws2002
09-05-2011, 03:00 PM
We all know how the ratings work. If they do that they may have to change the rating of the game from pegi16 to M. That's a big pain in the arse to deal with. Think about changing cd cases and all that crap.

Something like in ROF where you loose hearing for a while and get that tunel vision is all that's needed. Not blood stains visible from outside.

Blood stains visible from outside are waste of computing power.

Madfish
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM

This is just digital blood but you recommend that we visit a psychiatrist? Double morale these days is something absurd and absolutely perverse. Maybe you should think twice before insulting others mr. morale police? :rolleyes:

First of all what's the difference between a plane getting shot and exploding in a fireball and a blood animation? Oh wait, a pilot who's blown to dust has a chance of survival mh? Like an injured pilot has...

Also will you vote for indestructible houses please? Because those houses mean civilian property and in many cases civilian lives.
And we should re-think the bombing of ships as well. Attacks on ships mostly lead to the cruelest of scenes - the crew slowly drowning while being locked in under water, others being injured left to die or just blown to pieces by the bomb impact or the results of explosions etc.
Thinking about it we should generally ban bombs from the game as they mostly meant civilian casualties. I haven't heard of many bombing attacks that didn't cause deaths among innocents.

Also I hope you're at least vegetarian and if you are, are you okay with animals being shot and killed just to have farmland instead of forests?
But wait, slaughtering chicken, pigs, cows and tons of other animals, that can feel pain like we can, is okay. We can also wager wars and bomb the hell out of many civillians but oh boy - please don't show anyone how it looks on TV or computer games! Although I somehow have the feeling that you care more about virtual pixels of blood than about real living and breathing life...

But yeah, aside from that I voted yes. It shouldn't be too perverse or something but it certainly wouldn't hurt anyone, not even kids. On the contrary I find that reddish colored screen pretty annoying.

One thing though. We won't get it as a patch for the original IL-2 CloD.
The reason is actually rather simple: They (ubisoft) would have to re-submit it for youth protection review and since it'd eventually end up getting a different "grade" a game NEVER gets anything added as a patch that's related to blood, alcohol, drugs, sex and other things that fall under the review categories.

So yeah, maybe with the next expansion. ;)

SNAFU
09-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I don´t give a damn. I won´t form up with an enemy plane to see, if I maybe hit the pilot and can see his brain spread all over the windshield. So I say the dev should spent their time on something import for a flight simulation. But if you get some satisfaction and j**k off when virtually seeing your own blood spattered cockpit, well, then...

Something like in ROF where you loose hearing for a while and get that tunel vision is all that's needed. Not blood stains visible from outside.

Blood stains visible from outside are waste of computing power.

Just what I say...

KG26_Alpha
09-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Ok

Madfish

SNAFU

Make your vote state a quick post why....move on

If you wish to discuss your points further take it to PM please.

Flaming and ranting/venting in this thread will result in removal of the post.

This applies to all members.

09-05-2011, 03:56 PM
IMHO there are lots of other content more relevant in a sim to implement, i voted "NO".

Saluti (sorry for my english...)

skouras
09-05-2011, 04:13 PM

agreed

Tavingon
09-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I want to see blood on the windscreen at least if theyre killed. When Im steaming round in my ju88 the under rear gunner looks dead whether he is or not, if his cabin was splashed with blood it would be more obvious. Also I would like to see limbs blown off by cannon shells slide around the cockpit

SEE
09-05-2011, 10:00 PM
The injury modelling is appropriate as it is. If you are injured you get varying degrees of 'red out' and returning to base to land has a visual penalty which is more important than red splatter (and would be difficult to see during red out anyway). BTW, It does fade to black if serious and it's flight over.

Das Attorney
09-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Seems like a waste of time and resources to me. Plus, would create problems in sensitive markets like Germany, Australia etc

RickRuski
09-05-2011, 10:48 PM
There is already some indication of pilot problem, if you rake the cockpit with guns from Hurricane etc then check the AI involved normally the plane is going down, the cockpit shows damage and there is no pilot or co-pilot in that area and the canopy is missing.

David198502
09-06-2011, 04:40 AM
There is an indicator when your pilot is wounded, the screen gets a red/pink tint depending on how wounded you are. Supposedly, you can bleed out, but I've yet to experience this myself.

happened to me once.the screen gets darker with every breath you make until its pitch black.

David198502
09-06-2011, 06:34 AM
I want to test and see this, wonder how to set up getting shot but not outright killed... lol

may be set up a mission in the fmb with 12 fighters right on your six.repeat the mission several times until you get what you want.