PDA

View Full Version : Sugestion: give us the opportunity to configure out Axis.

pupo162
09-03-2011, 10:55 PM
hello all, specially luthier if you ever get to read this.

I have a problem. IF you see 109s radiator, which is clearly a rotatory you are enforced to use rocker style movement, even if you place it in a rotatory it will only work like if it was a 3 position switch. On the other hand the trim which is also a rotatory works as advised, and even if you have it assigned to a rotatory and put it from nil to full in a split second, in game it will move slowly as it should. Same for flaps.

So this means il2 as the ability to slow your movements on the axis to make them realistic, and it also has the ability to supply rocker style movement for axis who actually are rotatory axes.

My suggestion is, give the user the habillity to chose what kind of behavior they want to give to their axis.

EG.: i want my radiator to work as a rotatory so if i decide to move it full forward i only have to put my rotatory full forward, and if i want to put it 75% i put it 75%. Also i want my trim to work like a rotary so i can place it on a 3 way spring centered toggle i have and not reset every time i drop the toogle.

thats about it.

cheers

NedLynch
09-04-2011, 01:44 AM
I have the radiator on an axis as well and in a hurricane and spit it works just that way, you put the axis to 75% and the radiator goes to 75%, the oil radiator in a 109 works that way as well, it's only the water radiator in a 109 that works differently.
My guess is it's because it is not a lever but a turn "wheel", so if you push your axis forward you keep opening it until you center your axis again.

I know you said the trim, which is also a wheel, works fine on an axis, didn't map that one to an axis but I sure will try it out now.

Immermann
09-05-2011, 09:16 AM
LOL. I read it as configuring out the AXIS. Sort of removes half the game without germans and italians to shoot at.

pupo162
09-05-2011, 10:31 AM
LOL. I read it as configuring out the AXIS. Sort of removes half the game without germans and italians to shoot at.

LOL. i recon the wording on the title is not the best. should be " give us the opportunity to better configure the axis."