PDA

View Full Version : Luthier PLEASE install the bail out animation

Plt Off JRB Meaker
09-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Luthier.........I know this bail out sequence was cut from the final version of COD before release ,because of worries that our pc's would'nt be able to cope with it,but now after all the optimization,please,please can we have it installed at some stage in the future.

I think it would add so much to the immersion,it's superb,and a darn waste being left out,as no other sim has anything remotely close to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPEbzwWk90I

fireflyerz
09-03-2011, 04:31 PM
+1

JG52Krupi
09-03-2011, 04:34 PM
+1,000,000

Strike
09-03-2011, 04:57 PM
+1

burlaff
09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
+ 1 more than you can ever say

satchenko
09-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Sticky please!!!!

Qpassa
09-03-2011, 05:25 PM
+1

SG1_Lud
09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
+2 (me and my cat)

Mysticpuma
09-03-2011, 05:45 PM
+1

jcenzano
09-03-2011, 06:08 PM
+1

Das Attorney
09-03-2011, 06:15 PM
+ ∞

but only after stuttering, dx11, main issues etc lol

pupo162
09-03-2011, 06:55 PM

i cant handle it :(

ok... jsut give it to them :grin:

Robotic Pope
09-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Its an animation for when you will be able to get out on the ground right? Its not for bailing out surely, it would look silly if you bailed out upsidedown lol.

skouras
09-03-2011, 07:27 PM
hell yeah
maybe thats the big suprise that won't tell us :-D

Gourmand
09-03-2011, 07:33 PM
+1

lbuchele
09-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Its an animation for when you will be able to get out on the ground right? Its not for bailing out surely, it would look silly if you bailed out upsidedown lol.
I agree with you.It's unlikely that someone could stand up against the strong airflow during a bailout that way IMHO
But is perfect for exiting the plane after a sortie.
Seeing the pilot opening the hood preparing to bailing out would be great,though.

Robotic Pope
09-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I agree with you.It's unlikely that someone could stand up against the strong airflow during a bailout that way IMHO
But is perfect for exiting the plane after a sortie.
Seeing the pilot opening the hood preparing to bailing out would be great,though.

Yes, I'm sure this is just one of a number of different plane exit animations for different circumstances including upsidedown bailouts.

Zappatime
09-03-2011, 07:39 PM
luthier 31/3/2011 said: (in answer to 'what happened to the pilot bail-out animation')

We had to optimize our pilots a lot to make the game playable. The downside of them not causing serious FPS issues is that they are currently unable to play complex animations like that.

We have about a gazillion aircrew animations gathering dust because of this, and we do plan to work them back in once more pressing issues are addressed.

skouras
09-03-2011, 07:56 PM
luthier 31/3/2011 said: (in answer to 'what happened to the pilot bail-out animation')

We had to optimize our pilots a lot to make the game playable. The downside of them not causing serious FPS issues is that they are currently unable to play complex animations like that.

We have about a gazillion aircrew animations gathering dust because of this, and we do plan to work them back in once more pressing issues are addressed.

excellent :-D

Franboy01
09-03-2011, 08:48 PM
+1 :)

Bryan21cag
09-03-2011, 08:59 PM
this animation always looks awesome to me no matter how many times i see it :) hope there are more where this one came from. would love to see one for mission complete landed untouched, mission complete barely made it home etc. :) This was one of my favorite little things about CFS. I loved it when i came back with a P47 full of holes, and when I killed the engine my pilot would walk a few steps from the plane and then turn and look at it like "holy $%&$ how the hell did you hold together" lol it was a bit of a reward for nursing that lumbering bird back to base :)

Birdflu
09-03-2011, 09:00 PM
+1

hiro
09-03-2011, 09:27 PM
This will work

∞ x ∞ :Þ

in answer to what happened to the pilot bail-out animation:

Robotic Pope
09-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I'd love to see an injured pilot bailout animation with win/fail outcomes. The more you are injured the less likley you will manage to get out lol

Deutz
09-03-2011, 09:34 PM
+ 2

Rattlehead
09-03-2011, 09:35 PM

I was actually wondering about that a while back. It would add immeasurably to the immersiveness if we could actually have animated soldiers, pilots, ground crew etc.
Okay, the soldiers is probably pushing it...;)

rakinroll
09-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Yes please.

Zappatime
09-03-2011, 10:48 PM
yeah and a gazillion = a lot :mrgreen:

At the moment we get the pilot looking around (a little!) but the crew around him are like manikins.

I always remembered Luthier saying that about all that animation work they'd had to leave out, it stuck in my mind as a real disappointment, so now that fps is well up on the original release I really do hope we'll see the crews etc as they always intended.

I hope he wasn't exaggerating:rolleyes:

jimbop
09-04-2011, 01:27 AM
I'd love to see an injured pilot bailout animation with win/fail outcomes. The more you are injured the less likley you will manage to get out lol

+1, good idea. I don't really care about the animations but the win/fail probability based on injury would be a strong addition.

ATAG_Snapper
09-04-2011, 02:22 AM
+2. (Me and my Spit-flyin' dog, Riley)

SG1_Lud
09-04-2011, 02:52 AM
+2. (Me and my Spit-flyin' dog, Riley)

whoops then we need also a dog bailing out animation for Riley :D

cheers snapper!

ATAG_Snapper
09-04-2011, 03:28 AM
whoops then we need also a dog bailing out animation for Riley :D

cheers snapper!

Now THAT'S a priority! Think anyone would mind if the patch was held up a week or two to hammer that out? LOL

Cheers, LUD! :)

Madfish
09-04-2011, 03:50 AM

The animation is realistic but always the same which in turn makes it unrealistic again. Nice for the first time but just awkward if you see it many times.

Much rather I'd like to see SDK's so the community can start modding. We may end up with much more than just one single animation for something that I usually never see because I'm already hitting re-fly. :p

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it - but I'd rather have great sounds and the SDK's available, which would have a much bigger effect.

jamesdietz
09-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Amen Brudda!

esmiol
09-04-2011, 05:56 AM
+1

machoo
09-04-2011, 06:23 AM
We need ragdoll physics baby.

whoarmongar
09-04-2011, 07:37 AM
I dont want or need this bailout animation. "control e, whoosh" is good enough for me.
I play Arma2OA a lot and this game uses a lot of animation for performing tasks and its not good, whilst animation is running you cant stop it or kill the animated person/object until the anim has finished. Also climbing out onto the wing and jumping is not realistic, from what I have read pilots would just jump/ fall directly from the cockpit, Once you have decided to jump getting out as fast as possible was the objective, you certainly wouldnt go for a little wing walk on your burning falling aircraft before jumping.

However I would like to see animation used for getting into and out off your aircraft before and after missions, being able to run around in first person on the ground and get into and out of vehicles must be a long term goal for this sim.

Doc_uk
09-04-2011, 07:51 AM
+1:)

Mr Greezy
09-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Wait...am I missing something? The game is optimized now?

Hrrrmmm.

Gourmand
09-04-2011, 08:03 AM
when we landed, we are not any possibility to bail out...
it's bad for a safe landed, but it's very very bad for a sea landing ( we sink with the plane )...
We need this type of animation for safe landing ( just a check if the wing is not cut ;) )

ATAG_Snapper
09-04-2011, 10:11 AM
If you have a Riley bail out animation, then I insist on a rag-doll, head-shotted Riley corpse falling lifelessly out of the cockpit animation too! ;) With appropriate bounce height after impact with the ground below.

Whatever turns you on, Cheesehawk.

shane
09-04-2011, 10:22 AM
+1

Strike
09-04-2011, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgWWIDNzM78

sorak
09-04-2011, 10:38 AM

Sometimes falling into the Prop would be awesome.. Arms and legs flying off.. in super slow motion.

Pluto
09-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Sometimes falling into the Prop would be awesome.. Arms and legs flying off.. in super slow motion.

... I was considering to write something like that but I was hesitating.
I didnt want to be taken for a sadistic pervert.
! LOL !
But I was rather thinking of another situation: a pilot bailing out while the pervert in the plane behind him is still shooting at him. Imagine what an effect some cal.50 bullets or a 20mm shell can do to a human body...
:twisted:
It would definitely add some "realism" to the "game".

I can imagine, some peoples reaction who have really experenced the airwar at that time, who maybe have a live experience of how a flakshell blows away their wingmans head and stuff like that every day.
They would probably only shake their heads about what kind of "games" we like.
:roll:

But apart from that, the animation shown is great!
:grin:

vtrelut
09-04-2011, 11:39 AM
+ 1 to restore the animation in the game; thanks in advance!

Norseman
09-04-2011, 11:50 AM
sry guys.. looks like some nervous new pilot
groundtraining how to bail..
-would prioritize possibility of escaping the craft
after ditching or a bad emergency landing.
Tired of drowning or burning here..lol
~S~:)

furbs
09-04-2011, 12:13 PM
reverse it and we have a great scramble start!

ATAG_Snapper
09-04-2011, 01:01 PM
reverse it and we have a great scramble start!

Great thought, Furbs! Could have that as a selectable feature in FMB, along with other scramble-related personnel animations. If only to add some immersion to otherwise rather sterile airfields.

Fergal69
09-04-2011, 01:04 PM
another +1 (+1 for the cat also)

Why go to the trouble of showing the bail out sequence to wet our appitite if it's not going to be used?

ATAG_Snapper
09-04-2011, 01:15 PM
I dont want or need this bailout animation. "control e, whoosh" is good enough for me.
I play Arma2OA a lot and this game uses a lot of animation for performing tasks and its not good, whilst animation is running you cant stop it or kill the animated person/object until the anim has finished. Also climbing out onto the wing and jumping is not realistic, from what I have read pilots would just jump/ fall directly from the cockpit, Once you have decided to jump getting out as fast as possible was the objective, you certainly wouldnt go for a little wing walk on your burning falling aircraft before jumping.

However I would like to see animation used for getting into and out off your aircraft before and after missions, being able to run around in first person on the ground and get into and out of vehicles must be a long term goal for this sim.

You raise some good points I hadn't considered. If they made pilot bail out animations selectable (including server-selectable for online play) then obviously the choice could be made. Personally, I draw the line at paddling a one-man dinghy back to shore.......

Zappatime
09-04-2011, 02:25 PM
The crew animations need to be run via Euphoria, which creates realistic movement without any motion capture/canned animation routines, such a clever bit of software, used to brilliant effect in GTA IV, makes human motion so lifelike, no idea how it could be incorporated but seems to have a relatively low demand on cpu, surprisingly.

http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria

ATAG_Snapper
09-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Wow, dunno how it works, but the motion generated is incredibly lifelike. I have no experience with FPS's or console games -- is this lifelike motion fairly prevalent in these sims/games?

Zappatime
09-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Well its like ragdoll physics with intelligence is the best way I can describe it, I just think its bloody clever, it makes for very realistic movement on a body when affected by an external force or fall, it may be beyond what COD can incorporate - I dont know, but when it comes to giving a feel for real living people nothing does it better. If a pilot bailed out under Euphoria's physics system it would likely be different everytime being affected by the speed, angle and position of the aircraft at that very moment - exactly what people here have been wishing for. Same would apply to ground crew and vehicle crews, particularly during a raid for instance and the force of explosions.

Just imagine what a dose of realism that would give, just crew bailouts and parachute landings would be enough.......one day maybe ;)

Cataplasma
09-04-2011, 04:22 PM
+1

SUP_Trok
09-04-2011, 04:34 PM
+ 1

gflinch
09-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Have a look at this:

http://youtu.be/lW9Akjbl2QU?t=8m1s (sorry don't know how to embed)

its from Theater of War (Storm of War seems to close for coincidence, probably been discussed long ago) as you probably all know this was developed by Maddox games, and I think shares a lot of the same ground models. Never played it, but always admired the simple animations it had. The part that I am directing you to is the loading the cannon animation, as with bailing animation this could be applied elsewhere in the game re using the same animations from TOW.

Just my thoughts

satchenko
09-04-2011, 10:05 PM
+1

esmiol
09-05-2011, 12:00 AM
juste for infos. TOW was made with the engine of il2 sturmovik ;)

smink1701
09-05-2011, 12:50 AM
one plus

retrojet
09-05-2011, 01:16 AM
I need an animation of me on the potty before a sortie! ...Dicky tummy, and all that! Sorry chaps!... thats the trouble with bombers!:mrgreen:

But, yes! We want it all!!!:-D

rompiche
09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
+1

fireflyerz
09-05-2011, 08:07 AM
big up +1again.

klem
09-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Never mind the animation, I'd like to be able to get out of a ditched aircraft even if I'm 20 feet below the surface. At the moment you just go down with it.

sorak
09-05-2011, 08:38 AM
... I was considering to write something like that but I was hesitating.
I didnt want to be taken for a sadistic pervert.
! LOL !
But I was rather thinking of another situation: a pilot bailing out while the pervert in the plane behind him is still shooting at him. Imagine what an effect some cal.50 bullets or a 20mm shell can do to a human body...
:twisted:
It would definitely add some "realism" to the "game".

I can imagine, some peoples reaction who have really experenced the airwar at that time, who maybe have a live experience of how a flakshell blows away their wingmans head and stuff like that every day.
They would probably only shake their heads about what kind of "games" we like.
:roll:

But apart from that, the animation shown is great!
:grin:

hehee... I love gore in games. I wish this game had more like what we talking about.. Dont worry your not alone..

Shagrathss
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM
+1

Bloblast
09-05-2011, 10:33 AM
+1[/quote]

DoolittleRaider
09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
+3.5

Figura
09-06-2011, 05:39 AM
O n e + ;-)