PDA

View Full Version : The walking dead

Dhaan
09-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi there,

i am planning to make an role playing type of undead army, which should be capable for a no loss playthrough. I dont have much experience with them though.

'Role playing type of' means i dont want to go simply one stack Dark Knights or such.

Do you have any experiences, suggestions what units and items would be a good way to play through?

At the moment i am thinking about:

Black Knights
Ancient Vampires
Vampires
Necromancers
X

My biggest concerns are keeping them alive for no losses, especially against other undead/non-living armys.
I have plenty of questions. What hero would work best? I dont like to go Paladin for the role playing reasons. Do you use Vampires in bat or in normal form .. which means: is the life sucking attack good?

I was searching for an "all about undead armys" thread but didnt find one. If theres one, im sorry.

I would be glad about anything worth mentioning on the topic of the living dead.

Greetings,
Dhaan

Dhaan
09-05-2011, 01:45 PM
So i make the start here.

I am lvl 24 and on Montero at the moment. Choosed to play a warrior. The beginning was a little bit hard because there were so few good undead units on the first islands. I got a few vampires and ancient vampires. Made trolls out of orcs and used sacrifice a LOT to make bigger stacks out of them.

They rule. I use them in bat form and they are nearly undestroyable when there are living units on the field. Undead armys as enemy are painful as expected. I have evlin now, so its ok, but no fun. Ive found the vampire blade, but im looking forward with terror for the supression fight. Undeads and gremlin towers. :(

No unit lost till now.

1darklord
09-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Well done!

You likely want Undead dragons for your 5th unit, they are nicely themed!

Daniel.

Fatt_Shade
09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice idea for undead, great race and nice combo`s for them. For 5th unit you have more choice then Bone dragons, sinisters/adept of darknes/evil genius/dread eye/ritualist all nice and new undead units :-)
Good thing steam armor works for almost all of them, and it`s among best armor item in game. Also undead have great item sets, Moro dark is best companion pick, but for warrior new kotor is also good pick. So have fun with your playthrough :-)

DGDobrev
11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
If you really want to go with undead army, then the Eviln spell is a must. Eviln transforms a corpse into an "Eviln" which resurrects undead troops, and can be used by Warrior hero as well, even through the mana deficiency. That can be achieved by getting the Mana Accelerator skill for your pet dragon, kill enemies, spawn mana accelerators, and finally spawn evilns. If you're out of corpses or otherwise can't use them, level 1 Call of Nature or something similar will net you plenty of corpses, because the stacks you spawn will be small and will die easily.

Tianx
11-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Ghosts are quite decent units as well since they have good physical resistance

Fatt_Shade
11-02-2011, 12:38 AM
With ghost`s you need to be wery carefull, because of their rising numbers (for every dmg they make, more ghost in your army), and that can make problems with leadership during battle.
As for resistances, yes they are great for alot of enemy units, and high poison ress for poisoned effect. But only problem with them is no special skills :they have low dmg, no AOE attack and no burn/poison effect on attack , and counterstrike doesnt work on them either. But if you take them in full undead army they can be great for tanking enemy casters(go in melee with them and watch as they almost lose nothing in melee with archmages/demonologs. . . :-)