PDA

View Full Version : BUG: Bomb Sight bug in HE111

Spinfx
09-01-2011, 03:20 AM
Hi

Just in case it hasn't been reported but search didn't show a result that I can see, but I hope they fix the bomb sight bug (HE 111)where it crashs the game.

I get into the sight by using the "lean into" key, but if I use the "lean into" to get out of the bomb view sight, my game will crash with a runtime error.

I can avoid the crash by instead of "lean into" to get out of the sight view I use ctrl C to move to previous position. Just sometimes I forget when I about to get to target. Talk about frustrating.

Anyways.. Hope they fix it soon for us bomber pilots.

Spinfx

Blackdog_kt
09-01-2011, 05:18 AM
That's a bit weird :confused:

I was having some practice runs in the 111 the other day and didn't have that kind of issue at all. Mind you, my PC is adequate but still far from top notch (i7 920 @ 2.7 GHz, Ati 4890 1GB and just 3GB of RAM).

At this point it could be a lot of things, so i can only tell you what is standard procedure for fixing most of such unexplained "happens to me but not to everyone" bugs.

I would first advise reinstalling the .net and other redistributable libraries that came with the sim (found in steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist), install everything except i think the GDF folder as i think it was the initially used DRM that has now been disabled. In any case, even if you install it again i think that it automatically gets deactivated through Steam by running a file integrity check.

Which brings us to the second step, validating your game files through steam.

Finally, before running the sim again, go to documents\1c softclub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache and delete the contents of the cache folder and its subfolder named shaders. This will clear the cache and force the sim to rebuild it. First time you run a mission it will take a bit longer to load as the sim is rebuilding the cache, but then it will be back to normal.

All of the above steps make sure you can get rid of any possibly corrupt files that might have strange effects on the game.

On a side note, before you do all that you could also try enabling automatic updates (if you haven't got them enabled by default) to let Steam download the latest mini-patch (about 20-30 MB or so) if you haven't done so yet.

A lot of people report improved performance with that one, maybe it's an early release primer for the upcoming revised graphics engine that they are about to include in the next patch and it streamlines some things in that regard.

Try this out and let me know how it works out for you.

Spinfx
09-01-2011, 11:36 AM
OK thanks BD.. I tried all that and still got the problem. Doesn't matter too much. I have a work around.

Spinfx

Untamo
09-05-2011, 05:35 AM
S!

Somewhat off topic but a level bombing question nevertheless:

Is the level stabilizer working yet? Last time I checked, I couldn't activate it. (may also be that I had too restrictive realism settings)

Spinfx
09-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Autopilot works for me. Takes a bit to settle it down and follow assigned course, but yes.. works fine.

Blackdog_kt
09-05-2011, 03:37 PM
I haven't tried it but i don't use level stabilizer anymore. It's much more fun to use the real heading hold autopilot.

That being said, we do need an alternative form of control to simulate manual drops in the Luftwaffe bombers and also for bombers that don't have such an autopilot (Blenheim and Br.20).

My suggestion would be to rework the level stabilizer from what it was (an artificial control lock with functioning trim) into a feature that simulates the pilot taking commands from the bombardier. Enabling it would have the aircraft flying straight and level under AI control, while at the same time being possible for the player to give commands to the AI pilot for small course corrections. They might just as well use the existing "course autopilot left/right" commands for this: when the AP is on the commands modify the AP's selected heading to hold, when the reworked level stab is on the same commands tell the AI pilot to turn left/right.

This would not only be useful for all bombers, it would also be a good simulation of how things were done in the real bombers of the time that lacked autopilots: the bombardier was giving course corrections for the pilot during the bomb run.