PDA

View Full Version : update from Steam today 8/30/2011

GF_Mastiff
08-31-2011, 12:53 AM
I got a 76.6 MB update from steam and no controls work, even when I assign them they work at first then stop.
While in game.

droz
08-31-2011, 01:28 AM
no patch notes at all, what is this?

IvanK
08-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Mine updated 800Kb

Madfish
08-31-2011, 01:33 AM
Hello

most of us had updates of around 20 megs, myself and some other ATi users, who deleted the ubisoft logo video because of a bug it's causing, got an update of around 30megs.

What I'm concluding from this is that your files may be corrupted. Eventually. Please do a full integrity check:

1) In your steam games library right-click on "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" and select "properties"
2) In the window click on the "local files" tab
3) choose "verify integrity of the game cache..."

Let it complete and hope it finds and fixes the error.

As for the control issues, try disabling the steam cloud temporarily:
1) In your steam games library right-click on "IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover" and select "properties"
2) In the window click on the "updates" tab
3) Uncheck "enable steam cloud synchronization for il-2 sturmovik: cliffs of dover"
4) Start the game, try changing the settings and play. If it works (let's hope it does) Exit, turn steam cloud on again using the same way as described above.

RickRuski
08-31-2011, 03:10 AM
I had 27.6 mb, all running ok.

Rick

LoBiSoMeM
08-31-2011, 04:47 AM
I had 27.6 mb, all running ok.

Rick

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=328882&postcount=127

Do this and CloD will run REALLY ok! :-P

Here, after the "minor" new patch:

xK3vwlBdOdA

Fluid as water with almost all sliders up... Finally! Video recorded without ANY edition! That's the performance now!

David198502
08-31-2011, 09:38 AM
im not sure if i got that update at all!can i look somewhere in steam if it did download it yet??

SG1_Lud
08-31-2011, 10:26 AM

xK3vwlBdOdA

Fluid as water with almost all sliders up... Finally! Video recorded without ANY edition! That's the performance now!

I can confirm this in my system.

Process:
Steam downloaded 30.1 Mb
I deleted the cache. The UBI logo wmv too, cos it had been installed again.
Ran one mission and let the cache rebuild. Tested the smothness and FPS. In this very first run the sim will stutter, this is normal.
Closed the sim and restarted again.
Ran the same mission now that the cache was rebuilt.

Results: FPS boost x 2 and smoothness improvement.

Remember to allow a second run before determining your results.

Cheers!

SG1_Lud
08-31-2011, 10:31 AM
im not sure if i got that update at all!can i look somewhere in steam if it did download it yet??

Ty in Steam -> View -> Downloads

Rextar
08-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Hmm no download here in uk?

David198502
08-31-2011, 10:34 AM

xK3vwlBdOdA

how do you make those zoom effects?you dont do it with the mouse do you?cause it seems too smooth for that!?

LoBiSoMeM
08-31-2011, 10:41 AM
how do you make those zoom effects?you dont do it with the mouse do you?cause it seems too smooth for that!?

Yes, it's using the mouse up and down, but emulated in JoyToKey to work using HAT.

David198502
08-31-2011, 10:52 AM
ah ok!clever!

kristorf
08-31-2011, 10:55 AM
30.3mb 'update' in UK, no knowledge about whats in it though?????:confused:

SG1_Lud
08-31-2011, 10:56 AM
ah ok!clever!

check this thread David, I posted some time ago a little guide.
good luck!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20399&highlight=joy2key&page=2

David198502
08-31-2011, 11:02 AM
check this thread David, I posted some time ago a little guide.
good luck!

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20399&highlight=joy2key&page=2

thx lud!will give that a try!

jamesdietz
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Hello

most of us had updates of around 20 megs, myself and some other ATi users, who deleted the ubisoft logo video because of a bug it's causing, got an update of around 30megs.

What I'm concluding from this is that your files may be corrupted. Eventually. Please do a full integrity check:

2) In the window click on the "local files" tab
3) choose "verify integrity of the game cache..."

Let it complete and hope it finds and fixes the error.

As for the control issues, try disabling the steam cloud temporarily:
2) In the window click on the "updates" tab
3) Uncheck "enable steam cloud synchronization for il-2 sturmovik: cliffs of dover"
4) Start the game, try changing the settings and play. If it works (let's hope it does) Exit, turn steam cloud on again using the same way as described above.

Thanks Maddfish ( & others...) I must have gotten this too ,since my animated logo reappeared at the beginning of the sim ( say where is this located - I've forgotten & I might want to remove it again...?????

This might just be my imagination but my install seemed to run a bit smoother after this...I immediately started getting improved percentages of hits in smoother ( more FPS?) gameplay...again this might just have been my imagination...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/jamesdietz/shot_20110830_224200.jpg

Rextar
08-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Guys how do i find out if cod is updated?

Flanker35M
08-31-2011, 03:33 PM
S!

To remove that 8Mb spinning logo go to X:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL2\parts\core\GUI\ and delete it :) I saw the update downloading after starting and going to Library and IL-2. I wonder what it did..

SEE
08-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Rextar, you should have two SFS files in the 'Parts' folder (and a few others in other folders) with yesterdays date (or todays). Some more info earlier in the thread regards checking you have it, I'm in the UK and had the DL last night.

Rextar
08-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Rextar, you should have two SFS files in the 'Parts' folder (and a few others in other folders) with yesterdays date (or todays). Some more info earlier in the thread regards checking you have it, I'm in the UK and had the DL last night.

Many thanks ive found em,and im updated!

LoBiSoMeM
08-31-2011, 09:07 PM
This might just be my imagination but my install seemed to run a bit smoother after this...I immediately started getting improved percentages of hits in smoother ( more FPS?) gameplay...again this might just have been my imagination...

It's not our imaginaton. Tha game runs much more fluid now, even with higher graphics settings, even SSAO!

It's not just placebo effect! :-P

topgum
09-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes, it's using the mouse up and down, but emulated in JoyToKey to work using HAT.

Hi, LoBiSoMeM,
Sorry, but I couldn't get it :confused:
what is mouse up/down, what is JoyToKey, what do you mean with HAT?
I MUST have this Zoom !!!!!!! ;-)
Thanks a lot for helping me!
P.S. Yes, in a way it is a little bit smoother now, but fps haven't change.

ATAG_Snapper
09-01-2011, 04:25 PM
It's not our imaginaton. Tha game runs much more fluid now, even with higher graphics settings, even SSAO!

It's not just placebo effect! :-P

Just deleted cache, fired up CoD. To my Mark 1 eyeball I seem to be achieving smoother play with somewhat higher frame rates and less micro stuttering. More significantly for me, since going SLI I was getting a lot of water flickering over the channel which has now stopped completely (pending further test flying) from both within cockpit views and external. As Martha Stewart would say, "This is a good thing." :-D

Rextar
09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Just deleted cache, fired up CoD. To my Mark 1 eyeball I seem to be achieving smoother play with somewhat higher frame rates and less micro stuttering. More significantly for me, since going SLI I was getting a lot of water flickering over the channel which has now stopped completely (pending further test flying) from both within cockpit views and external. As Martha Stewart would say, "This is a good thing." :-D

Is it ok to delete cache?

burlaff
09-01-2011, 04:53 PM
you only delete the contents of the folder, not the actual folder itself. The idea is that then the the game rebuilds the Cache and something great happens apparently.

Flanker35M
09-01-2011, 04:53 PM
S!

Do not delete the folder but it's contents and you are safe.

JG5_emil
09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
I do seem to have a slightly higher frame rate in the Black Death on my laptop. Not tried the main PC yet as it's in bit.

ATAG_Snapper
09-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Is it ok to delete cache?

I always make a copy of the cache before deleting its contents and rename it "old cache" -- just in case! Same for any conf.ini files, etc. If the new cache works fine, then you can simply delete the "old cache" since it's no longer needed.

merlin1
09-01-2011, 07:08 PM
As I see, for me no more pop-up and block buildings.

rgr